G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

rookie bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009 | 06:30 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Originally Posted by OCG35
I flat out miss how someone could insinuate an entire line of bumpers is faulty from simply looking at pictures of one bumper. Especially when there are countless of positive reviews.
That wasn't your original contention now was it? It was that Dave had 27 pictures of 27 different bumpers with defects.

That’s the bottom line.
No, that's changing your story

Of course – you can’t let go… so I know you will keep posting.
As you will. Pot meet kettle.

Old 08-26-2009 | 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
That wasn't your original contention now was it? It was that Dave had 27 pictures of 27 different bumpers with defects.

No, that's changing your story

As you will. Pot meet kettle.
there is no "story"... and nothing has changed other than the fact that once he posted pictures, it was clear that he only had "photo" knowledge of one bumper. Had that point been understood from the get go no one would have bothered to say anything other than their bumper is fine and to contact seller.

You seem to be the only one that didn’t feel Dave was representing the entire product line... Had I known from the beginning that he was making claims of only one bumper I would not have given any of this the amount of attention that I did... but it's clear to any reasonable person - he was implying all the bumpers were bad and imo he represented having firsthand knowledge of more than one - in fact, his initial post stated he had "seen" a bumper (presumably in person) when it fact it was an electronic representation...

So now that the thread is so far off topic and people realize the bumper is being used by many satisfied enthusiasts - and only one guy that doesn’t even own it posted problem pictures of someone else’s bumper (that wasn’t even installed)... what is the point of your responses?

Old 08-26-2009 | 07:56 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Originally Posted by OCG35
there is no "story"... and nothing has changed other than the fact that once he posted pictures, it was clear that he only had "photo" knowledge of one bumper. Had that point been understood from the get go no one would have bothered to say anything other than their bumper is fine and to contact seller.
Dave's story hasn't changed. He posted pictures as evidence of what he was stating. Nothing more or less.

You seem to be the only one that didn’t feel Dave was representing the entire product line... Had I known from the beginning that he was making claims of only one bumper I would not have given any of this the amount of attention that I did... but it's clear to any reasonable person - he was implying all the bumpers were bad and imo he represented having firsthand knowledge of more than one - in fact, his initial post stated he had "seen" a bumper (presumably in person) when it fact it was an electronic representation...
And you're the only one that seems to think it was 27 bumpers. Point?

Dave clearly stated it was 1 bumper. He then posted pictures of 1 bumper. Exactly how he mentions.

Now you're changing your story yet again. ie.. Dave saw = pictures and not in real life(actually he never specifically said). Again, that was NOT your original contention. I fail to see how actually being there has much to do with it when the pictures are pretty self expainatory.

Now his contention that this one bumper represents the quality of ALL rookie's bumpers is another issue. One I never got into.

But I guess it would take someone to take pictures of another one of rookie's bumpers as it's received. Which no one has done.

So now that the thread is so far off topic and people realize the bumper is being used by many satisfied enthusiasts - and only one guy that doesn’t even own it posted problem pictures of someone else’s bumper (that wasn’t even installed)... what is the point of your responses?
My point of my response was to point out the fact that you were incorrect in your contention that Dave said he had pictures of 27 pictures of 27 problem bumpers.

It's off topic becase you decided to dwell on it and I wanted to correct you. You're refusal to see the obvious error in your comprehension is what is making the thread long. It's no more off topic then when you made your original inocrrect assumption. Which was of course, the # of defective bumpers that Dave had representation of:

Let’s be real… how would one conclude that Dave only knew of one bumper?.... His entire point from the beginning was that the bumper (in general, not just one) was flawed.
Now nowhere in the above quote nor in the rest of the post did you mention anything of the bottom line being something, that Dave put the quality of all based on the quality issues of one, or that he didn't see one in "real life" (he never said that anyway. he said he saw one)

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:03 PM
^^^ corrected me

Everything we have been discussing was determined way before you joined the thread

you crack me up

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:13 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Sorry that your incorrection was already addressed.

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:17 PM
Wow lol this is like a court room with 2 lawyers going at it, im not sure who's right and who's not but I gotta give it to Jeff and Mike you both have grat arguing skills at backing up ur claims and defending what you think is right, and the choice of words used are great too, seem like 2 very smart individuals with great people skills

Last edited by NjMatteSedan; 08-26-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-26-2009 | 08:21 PM
^^^ we're both actors and dont even own a G (much less the bumper)

Thanks though

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:25 PM
I love how OCG35 keeps getting PWND! Great work Jeff92se!

If I received a bumper released from the mold like that, no **** I would be contacting the seller. Do you think I still want to go through with the hassle communicating with the seller over this obtrusive front bumper? You are arguing over nothing. Dave proved his point and you can still like this bumper.

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:29 PM
^^^ you are one funny little boy Aaron...

btw - how is the bumper "obtrusive"???

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:44 PM
That's the reply you have? "Little boy"?

Once installed it gives the G sedan a swollen nose/face type of look.

ob⋅tru⋅sive

3. protruding; projecting

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:55 PM
I must say I don't think any1 here thinks a stock 03 bumper looks better than a Rookie, the rookie bumper looks great, I dont own one and im saying this it doesn't protude like the Gialla and Gialla replica bumper and the holes openings are not huge like the extreme dimensions. Some Porches have the exact same look to this bumper I didn't know porsches were ugly

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:06 PM
Do you think I like my stock bumper? Not many options for me as I don't want a 'modified" look.

Don't compare an Infiniti sedan to a Porsche, but I see where you are coming from.

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:17 PM
Then why dont you get a nismo front bumper?

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Premier Member
Madness.

I don't really know what to say about the bumper having huge flaws. It is an aftermarket part, that is not very expensive.

Does this mean that it's a cheaply made cheaply sold part? Maybe so.

If anyone is expecting a perfect quality bumper for under 300.00, let me know where to purchase one cause I have seen much more expensive bumpers that fit worse, and are of even less quality.

These do not go out with the notion from me that it is ready for paint. These do not go out with the notion from me that they should not be test fitted before paint.

I have received in total of 1 person, which is clearbraguy that this bumper is below his expectations. I have received in total of 0 people that were charged more then they thought was correct for paint and install from a body shop they used.

Heist did his own paint and install. I've asked him to post what he thought of the prep and paint work he had to do. https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...ss-begins.html

this is the exact pm I just sent him.
I don't care which way you post, good or bad about the bumper. I know you did your own prep and paint on the bumper.

Check this thread. https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-bumper-8.html

thanks man,
viet
To anyone that thinks it is subpar or not good enough, I don't take offense by it. I don't take offense by people who think it is ugly either. Different people have different standards, just like different people have different tastes.

I think they look badass though.

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:20 PM
Get the stillen lip it will completely change the look of the stock bumper, im gettin mine soon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rookie bumper