G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

rookie bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009 | 01:20 AM
The only reason people could get in any way so HOSTILE over the rookie bumper is that those people are actually influenced by competitors affected from the sale of Rookie's bumper. The fact is Rookie has been nothing but honest and truthful about his nice bumpers, and if you trolls have don't anything of value to say GTFO my forum.

Last edited by bigdano; 08-27-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-27-2009 | 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by djosephm
The only reason people could get in any way so HOSTILE over the rookie bumper is that those people are actually influenced by competitors affected from the sale of Rookie's bumper. The fact is Rookie has been nothing but honest and truthful about his nice bumpers, and if you trolls have don't anything of value to say get the **** off my forum.
Your forum? Really?

Old 08-27-2009 | 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by DaveB
Your forum? Really?
That's right. MY forum. If you really want to COMPLAIN about it, how about asking VIET for a refund and not FC@K up MY THREAD??

Last edited by bigdano; 08-27-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-27-2009 | 01:34 AM
This is what the box looked like:

The supports look good:

Even if the box was caved in and/or the bumper pulled out, dropped, kicked, whatever, the bumper is still pretty rough about the corner lamps, thin in spots, and a bit rough.
tricky play with words once again.. you say supports look good when clearly only one is visible

your credibility is declining rapidly in the eyes of many

Old 08-27-2009 | 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ we're both actors and dont even own a G (much less the bumper)

Thanks though

Then why are you here?

Old 08-27-2009 | 01:43 AM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
That's right. MY forum. If you really want to COMPLAIN about it, how about asking VIET for a refund and not FC@K up MY THREAD??
brettb21686 is the OP of this thread

Old 08-27-2009 | 01:51 AM
IM TOTALLY WTSASTED MANG :d

Old 08-27-2009 | 03:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Premier Member
This is what the box looked like:

The supports look good:

Even if the box was caved in and/or the bumper pulled out, dropped, kicked, whatever, the bumper is still pretty rough about the corner lamps, thin in spots, and a bit rough.
The edges should not be that rough. The corner lights should be adjusted per car as it is a point where the headlight, fender, and corner light meet. When test fitting the corner light bracket to the bumper before riveting it, the corner of the corner light area gets sanded down for a good fit.

The sedan corner light is harder to work with in a mold then the coupes. The coupes snap into place. During development I did not make a big deal about the corner light as it is an adjustment point. Make it too exact to the test car and it will undoubtly be off for someone else. I've seen different gaps on oem bumpers at this junction area.

Beyond the roughness of that area. The chips were not there when it left. The other areas that are "rough" spots or not perfect enough are going to be semi normal. As you have said in the past. Hand laid fiberglass is going to differ here and there from bumper to bumper. https://g35driver.com/forums/3217167-post61.html

1) Inconsistency in manufactuer between units. It's very rare you'll find an aftermarket FB part fit the same way everytime. When you have humans building them by hand, there will be QC problems. Poly is injection molded and tolerances are far tighter.
That box got owned. Due to the constraints of fedex ground the box is a tight fit for the bumper. I choose to go with fedex because it is 1 carrier the whole way. No blame game between freight companies like I've seen happen with other kits shipped out. I have had ZERO claims needed, and never had anyone report this type of damage to a box.

No blame or scapegoat or any other excuses really. The bumper is not to your expectations, or the person that bought it. I can tell you that if one of these bumpers is being prepped for paint and install at Auto Explosion they don't think twice about doing the work as it is better quality and fits better then 90% of the stuff that is brought to them.

If clearbraguy wants his money returned I will be happy to return it. No worries or offense taken. Destroy the bumper in a cool way for everyone to see.

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:52 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
brettb21686 is the OP of this thread
IM TOTALLY WTSASTED MANG :d

djosephm,

Old 08-27-2009 | 09:03 AM
Whoever is hating should just stop and start appreciating that there is another option for us sedan guys at a VERY reasonable price. I have a authentic nismo kit I bought brand new And payed alot for but been thinking about picking the rookie front up cause it's so cheap. I'd understand if he over charges you'd expect top notch quality but for this price we should all just be greatful.

Old 08-27-2009 | 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by stclairwest
Whoever is hating should just stop and start appreciating that there is another option for us sedan guys at a VERY reasonable price. I have a authentic nismo kit I bought brand new And payed alot for but been thinking about picking the rookie front up cause it's so cheap. I'd understand if he over charges you'd expect top notch quality but for this price we should all just be greatful.
Haha yea sell the nismo and buy the rookie, you were already thinking of spending money for a lip to put on the nismo, u don't need that with rookie's bumper

Old 08-27-2009 | 10:39 AM
I just really like how the rookie bumper sits so low and if I were to buy it I'd still keep my nismo since I paid so much for it. I wouldn't mine switching my look from time to time.

Old 08-27-2009 | 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by stclairwest
I just really like how the rookie bumper sits so low and if I were to buy it I'd still keep my nismo since I paid so much for it. I wouldn't mine switching my look from time to time.
I hear ya, do you get snow where you live? If so it'd be perfect to use the Nismo for the winter and the Rookie for the summer

Old 08-27-2009 | 12:04 PM
Ya it snows enough here in Toronto in the winter but the G will be hibernating so it won't matter.

Old 08-27-2009 | 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by AARONHL
Who the **** do you think you are? I can barely tell that's a rookie bumper. I asked for more pictures. Could I be complimenting his paint or the overall look of the car? Have you seen me compliment 4drGreatness' car? I guess I automatically hate the car because it has a rookie bumper on it!

You need to stop skimming the surface of people posts, or maybe you are taking them too literally.

GTFO of here bro
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Viet posted a link to Heist’s DIY of the bumper… I went to check it out to see what he had to say and saw a BIG A$$ PHOTO OF THE BUMPER – it looks great!

Two posts down YOU said it looked great too!!!

Now you say you didn’t even know it’s a rookie bumper???? It right in your face dude!!!! How can you not know its a rookie bumper???
https://g35driver.com/forums/4489874-post202.html

You are CLEARLY just being a little punk@ss stirring up **** in here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rookie bumper