G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

One man's quest to make his G sedan what it should have been from the factory...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Ive got these OEM mods myself and Im very pleased. Last mods I did were maintenance stuff. Hawk pads which are great for the fact they are almost dust free. Stop Tech oe replacement slotted rotors for looks, quality and very affordable.

Maybe add stainless steel brake lines and rear arms to your list?

O and plus 1 on the Dspecs, they are great!

Old 09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What did the Dspecs do for you? I'm think of them for my G35x AWD sedan.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Added a great ride on the z springs and there is a dampening adjustment. 2 years later they still feel new.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
If you 05/06 guys want more sound from the OEM setup, consider swapping in the smaller 03/04 muffler. You're not going to notice much sound difference going to the coupe middy from your 05/06 sedan middy.

Suspension
I've been running 350Z/coupe setup for years now. I love it. But the one mod that really brought everything together was the 04.5 350Z shocks. Wow, did that change the characteristics of the suspension. They definitely have more dampening and give you so much more control. It's kind of hard to explain with words. I will admit the ride can get a bit busy on rougher roads though, but if you're into auto-x and road racing, they're a great OEM handling mod. I also have the Cobb rear sway bar (lowest setting) and 18X8 lightweight 18s with Pirelli PZeros. I recently started auto-xing this car and I've been very happy with my current setup.

Exhaust
HR Y-pipe, hands down. I can't think of a single downside here. Better throttle response and sound and according to a recent dyno, about 6 to 7whp/wtq. Another good one is the 05/06 sedan middy if you have a 03/04 car. I had the coupe middy, but the sound wasn't as fluid nor deep.

Intake
RevUp airbox gives better throttle response and a deeper sound. I've done so much experimenting with the OEM intake setup over the years, datalogging much of it. After years of running the OEM z-tube, I've gone back to the G-tube. I've noticed minimal difference in induction sound plus overall driveability seems have improved. The car just feels more snappy. The downside is I can never run a strut tower brace. MD 5/16" spacer = legit gains. It added a consistent 1.5mph increase in trap speed. There are no downsides to this simple and effective mod.

HR Y-pipe, Revup airbox, 05/06 sedan middy, 25% throttle

Works Bell Paddle shifters
Damn these are fun. I would have never thought something some so trivial as paddle shifters would improve the driving experience. They're not cheap though at $400.

Exterior
It's always a work in progress. I've painted the lower sills, added the Aero bumper, garage door rubber weatherstripping to extend the Aero bumper another 1.5" lower, OEM splash guards, reversed splash guards in front of the rear wheels, Altima exhaust tips, smoked OEM amber corners, 05/06 JDM taillights (amber turn signals), and blacked out door handles and grill. I did have the window trim blacked out, but I felt it blacked out the car a bit too much. I did use some 1/4"+ wide pinstriping to lessen the width of the window chrome. Right now I'm now trying to find a translucent lightly smoked vinyl to put on the window trim. I'm also looking for a non-spoiler equipped trunk lid and will add the OEM rear bumper lip.

Last edited by DaveB; 09-05-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:46 AM
And thanks for the compliments everyone. I'm truely glad some of my mods and ideas have been so well accepted. Contrary to what what certain members might say or think, I really try to help the G community and offer up modification ideas that may sometimes go against the norm. Yes, I tend to gravitate to OEM mods, but that doesn't mean that's all I'll use. I have aftermarket parts as well.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
good luck on your venture w/ the G. I wanted to make my G sedan a full show/race car but then went into trouble with getting too many tickets all the time. I do miss my G but I'll get another soon.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 4mermarine

First up, 350evo rear sway bar... Why? Well, it was on sale for $114 shipped,
Where did you get this? If this is new, I need that link ASAP.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:21 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
Where did you get this? If this is new, I need that link ASAP.
Me too!!

Just found it TurTLe.

http://www.350evo.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id/256

Last edited by Blue Dream; 09-05-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
now the reserch begins. So far i've found out these are the HEAVIST bars out there because a SOLID bar VS others. People say its a great mods but i'm looking for one with coilovers to state something.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm really surprised the EVO clears all the components under the car, especially those with lowering springs. My Cobb RSB (essentially a Hotchkis bar) has the same kinks and bends of the OEM bar and is a pretty tight fit with some really tight clearances near the diff. This EVO bar is very simple and straight. I'm really curious on how it looks installed.

If you guys get clunking, the problem IS NOT the endlinks. Yes, they're causing the sound, but the true problem is the poly bushings. They get too tight, don't the let the bar move freely, and makes the endlinks work overtime. The fix is to bore out the bushing a bit so that the bar can move more freely. It also appears the EVO bar doesn't have zirk fittings to add grease. You'll need to grease the bushings about every 4K miles.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
^ In order to improve handling you need to stiffen up the springs a little. So that's springs of some sort. Maybe try to find some sport springs and some good shocks - everyone raves about the D-specs which I'm leaning there myself.. That will give you the higher spring rate without a drop. Sways are a must when talking about handling, no way around it.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Sounds like you're off to a good start, can the sway bar cause the end links to snap?

Old 09-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by 4mermarine
^ In order to improve handling you need to stiffen up the springs a little. So that's springs of some sort. Maybe try to find some sport springs and some good shocks - everyone raves about the D-specs which I'm leaning there myself.. That will give you the higher spring rate without a drop. Sways are a must when talking about handling, no way around it.

I think you need to go for a spin in my car with the Z/coupe springs and 350Z revised shocks

Old 09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
edit

another thing on sways...has anyone seen one to fit an x?

**EDIT** nevermind! answered my own question...the evo site states the sway fits all g35

Last edited by elimelech12; 09-05-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: answered own question
Old 09-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elimelech12
another thing on sways...has anyone seen one to fit an x?
Would LOVE to know also becuase im like this Evo350 rear sway bar :]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One man's quest to make his G sedan what it should have been from the factory...