G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

can't decide wether buying a G35 is a good choice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't decide wether buying a G35 is a good choice

hi all G35 driver in this forum
i am currently driving a rsx right now and i'm tired of that FWD thing. i'm also looking for a car that i can drive on the highway without the feeling that the car is going to 'float' off the highway. i am planning to buy a new car which i want sth that is bigger (sth that i can move people with it) and a little bit more power without strugling the enging to 7000 RPMs. i also want sth that makes me look good not some rice boy if u all know what i mean. so it all comes to G35, a 4 door sedan, V6 with 260 horsepower but my concern is
i'm afraid that i won't have a lot of after market part for it or is the car still new so parts hasn't come out yet???
the car might look too old for me ( i'm currently 20 yrs old)
or should i go with the coupe???
so i was wondering if u guys could help me out and the main reason that i'm buying a new car is becos i commute a lot and me and my parents feel like i should have a car with a better protection that what i am driving right now. i also feel like i need more room in the back.

by the way what is the widest tire that i can put in the rear of the G???
for the rest of the group such as
330i which i test drove it, love it, like it, but since the car is more than 3 yrs in the market and pricey i cut it out
acura... i already have one and for the TSX it's a 4 banger.
IS300 umh nice platform but the car is old and the engine is extremely OLD although it's the famous 2JZ i still feel it could use more power
Mazda RX8 the rotary engine is really hard to maintain and it has only 169 lb ft @5000 RPMs of torque !!!
MB C class OLD, pricey need to say more???

so hope u guys can help me out and plz tell me if i can put 275/40 18 in the back or not???

Old 04-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Re: can't decide wether buying a G35 is a good choice

G35 sounds right to you...
i think you already have your mind set on this car.

-----

G35-Forum.com

Old 04-01-2003, 11:20 PM

I agree with TimSuper...get the coupe...but get the 6mt

"Dont start none....wont be none."

Old 04-01-2003, 11:28 PM

maxboost, sounds like the requirements you describe should run you to the coupe. Don't know if you're in for the 2003's or not but the CL might get an hp increase for '04 but, of course, it's BORING !! The G35C has mass hp/torque but may not be the smartest for commuting, gas wise, but doubt you'll be mistaken for 'rice boy' in the coupe. If you're hauling more than you and a friend, the G35S is built super solid, can really hustle and has a 6MT available for fun. Do a little tint and chrome and it won't be making you look 'old'. Oh, did I say your requirements should pull you to the coupe ?!? Have fun deciding. ...dean

Seattle area

Old 04-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't made my purchase yet and I'm considering other makes as well. I think you should drive the TSX when it comes out in spite of the 4 banger thing. I know I plan to. Granted I envision still going with the larger, more powerfull G35. I'm not really happy with the sedans behavior when it's pushed to its cornering limits. Yes FWD understeer is boring, but it is safe vs difficult to manage oversteer. I can only hope that my plan to run wider rear tires vs the fronts will help rein in its behavior. Sad thing is I'd really rather have a G35 6sp coupe, but no sunroof cars simply do not exist, least not UNSOLD one's and I refuse to wait. Curious, what about the G35 coupe?

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Gsedan35 on 04/01/03 08:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 04-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Floating is definately not associated with these cars. I had mine up to 120 w/o realizing it, they're that stable. As for your reference to the 3 series, I tested one of those too. Loved it, came close to buying it. But with the G35, you get something the size of a 5-series for 7k less than a 3.

There are a few other cars in the class that you didn't mention. The Cadillac CTS was nice. I also liked the Volvo S60 and Audi A4, though they are FWD. I tested a TL Type S, but it didn't feel like 260 horses, and the interior was too much like my old Accord with a little leather slapped on, I didn't feel it was worth the premium.

As for the coupe v. sedan, you're on your own. I'm married with 1-1/2 kids, so I didn't even look at the coupe.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-01-2003, 11:51 PM

Which half of your second kid do you have?

Old 04-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The half that's grown so far. He's due in July. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Did I forget to mention that Infiniti has a list of childseats that fit the backseats of their cars, including the G35?

The fully-sprouted kid (now 8) gets a kick out of the reclining rear seats and auto up/down rear windows. Luckily, the first I don't notice, and the second I can lock.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-02-2003, 12:22 AM
Re: can't decide wether buying a G35 is a good cho

If I did not have a wife and three boys under the age of 7, I would be all over a Coupe. The Sedan has it pluses, but cannot match the styling of the coupe. (did I say that)...

Are you thinking about a manual or auto? I drove a stick for 15 years in Atlanta traffic and do not miss it much ... I would consider a stick on a third vehicle, but it was not available when I purchased the G35 sedan last June. This is my toy auto ...

Old 04-02-2003, 02:43 PM

Hey 2003blueG35,
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt!!! The G35 sedan is one of the hottest sedans around. Even with a carseat in the back. The G35 sedan with a carseat or kids in the back says "Yeah I'm a daddy but I'm cool daddy with a cool family car.

If you disagree, drive your kids to school one day, make sure your car is spanking clean and park next to minivan unloading kids. Trust me, you'll see mothers watching two things which man is dropping off their kids and what car he is driving. I know from experience. Mothers are women too and they do notice and so do other dads. Enjoy the envy, I do!!!

Old 04-02-2003, 04:37 PM

Like I said ... did I say that??? I love the Sedan. It was an impulse buy and I have no regret. But the style of the coupe is just a step above. A small step, but still a step. A coupe was not an option for me.

Old 04-02-2003, 08:16 PM

first of all i am DEFINITELY going for the 6mt
as u stated above about volvo,audi, and cadillace CTS
i did take a look at all those cars
first of all my family has a volvo T5R wagon and we're kinda tired of it. Although i like the S60, especially the R one but it's going to be very expensive will all the options add on. For the S60 T5 i feel it's too "family car" for me and as i said above we have the T5R so i had to cut the Volvos out.
As for Audi i took a look at it and didn't like it at all. i didn't even take test drive cuz i hate the *cramp rear seats VERY much it was like sitting in the back of my RSX. I'd even notice at the back of the front seats that they have to craped out some parts of the seat to fit OUR knees. so i cut it out
and for CTS i'm not a big fan for american cars and don't plan to go for american yet.
today i saw the G35C and i drooled. i love the looks of it so much. the only thing that keep me from making the decision for the coupe is that i decide to get a new car cuz there's no space in the back on my RSX. So i decide to buy a Sedan and while i was check'in all those sedans i feel like i still want some sportiness.

Old 04-02-2003, 10:21 PM

Well if you are really looking for something sporty and with room then the G Sedan is a no brainer. Of course there is that new Porshe SUV (Cayenne I think it's called) but of course you have to take out a second mortgage on your house to get one. I was driving home from work today and saw one (black Cayenne), I damn near wrecked my G turning my head to look at it. It's not what I'd call a "good looking" SUV (The X5 is best looking to me, but the turbo model comes standard with 450 horsepower. WOW!!!!! What I could do with all those horses under the hood!! But back to reality and your question.......Like I said earlier, for the money there is no better sports sedan than our beloved G. Case closed!! Go get it.

Old 04-02-2003, 11:42 PM

Ditto. I came out of a 93 G-20 (180,000 miles) and tried everything including the RSX and TL. No comparision. It's a totally different beast. Go try out a 530i or an A-6 3.0 and then upgrade to a G35S MT and save 12 grand.

G35/S/MT....this car rocks!