G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Racing seats in a sedan (Again)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about corbeau? has anyone had experiences with their seats?

Old 09-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
You guys gotta remember all of these companies have to get the product over the border so I kind of need to find a retailer locally or an online distributor that ships freely to Canada.

I have heard good things about Corbeau, I'm going to look into them a little more now.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
nobody mentioned bride yet?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Nobody has $4000 to spend in seats.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Had coupe seats in my sedan. They weren't as comfortable and could not justify spending that much on them so I gave them back (it was a friend).

Had Z seats in my sedan (carbon cloth version). They were so much lighter than stock since they offered no side airbags, no elect seats, no heated. They were comfortable as hell but needed to be raised up so i don't look like a midget driving a clown car.

Have Bride Lowmax seats in the car now. They are harder to get in and out but most supportive and super reliable. I don't think most people would opt for this since it only fits up to size 34 waist, if you're bigger, it will get uncomfortable. Would I rock these over other stock looking seats? HELLS YES. they look bad ***, and people look at my seats all the time. Altho the gf complained so much I put the stock seats back on. The one racing seat look does look weird but who cares haha.

I wouldn't mind rocking those leather recaro replicas on ebay just because I have checked one out locally and sat in them. super comfy and too cheap to pass up with my wholesale account (around $150-200 for pair). People are so worried about crashing and seats breaking. Just get decent set of rails/sliders and you should be good to go. My rails/sliders were custom made by Wedge engineering and haven't had an issue.

In the end , it's your choice. You won't know the supportiveness of the racing seats until you've sat and driven in one. You can't just sit in it, you have to drive it and let it hug you in the corners and stuff. IMO stock looking seats are waste of money. What's the point if you're only upgrading minimum amount? WASTE is what it is. Hope your search goes well. If you're local I can let you drive my car in the bride seats no problem

EDIT: And NO these seats do not cost $4000 neither do any other seat made by Bride. To be honest with you I have Canadian Brides (not jdm japanese brides). You guys can call it fakes or whatever but hey it gets the job done. And plus for the price I paid, i could not pass them up.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:43 PM
The JDM bride low max are $1800 a piece lol that's crazy so not quite $4000 but pretty damn close.

So you like the Ebay brides? I have been looking at those but not sure if they were be comfy or if the material would sag. But you've nearly convinced me. Do they bolt up to stock rails? or do I need to replace the rails?

Can you post a photo of your interior so I can see what just one looks like?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
I'm not a fan of knock off parts so I would not support any fakes but that is a personal choice.

As for $4k, yes the carbon or kevlar Brides are that much as are some of the Spacro and Recaro once you figure in everything. That is a bit much IMO but very nice.

My seats /sliders/rails retail for ~$2600 but can be had for ~$2k with everything if you look around. Mine was a partial sponsorship from Sparco so I paid less but am not allowed to say exactly how much.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by 4DGS

What did you pay for yours Tim? And how's the comfort since you DD your car. Yours are by far the best looking style I've seen.
Oh and as for comfort, I love them. I'm ~5'11" 180lbs and they fit great. They don't make sedan brackets so I used Z brackets which fit perfect but sit lower. It works well because I can still fit with my helmet on.

This cali trip next weekend will be my first drive longer than 2 hours each way with them so I'll let you know how I end up. So far they have been great.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I'd rather buy knock offs of something that's expensive than something that is inexpensive and stolen from nobodies designs.

But Sparco has some seats that look alright for around $250 before rails and I have a local sparco dealer so I'm going to a get a quote on those. I've also email corbeau about they're A4 seat which also looks pretty nice and comes in microsuede

Old 09-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
if u want to look in to more seats and try to get the best deal on them i would suggest to check out www.zilvia.net (its a 240sx forum) 240sx owners are always buying and selling aftermarket name brand seats, reason i know is i retired from the drifting sean about 8 months ago, check it out, it wont hurt, look in to the vender section and keep checking back and fourth because there are new thing every day on that site, its HUGE!

but thats just my advice
good luck

Old 09-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
The JDM bride low max are $1800 a piece lol that's crazy so not quite $4000 but pretty damn close.

So you like the Ebay brides? I have been looking at those but not sure if they were be comfy or if the material would sag. But you've nearly convinced me. Do they bolt up to stock rails? or do I need to replace the rails?

Can you post a photo of your interior so I can see what just one looks like?
It wasn't really ebay, i bought it from a private seller locally that intended a groupbuy but so many people hated on it, he was left with few pairs that he just wanted to get rid of. So i picked them up, went to wedge engineering to make custom brackets for my G for about $200-250 i forget. The template was for g35 coupe/350z but it fits my sedan as well, just sits alot lower than I wanted. So i had to add spacers to raise the whole thing up. They are comfy, they don't sag, they look like the real thing minus the carbon back (mine is black frp back). It's really a bargain and good quality. There is a vendor on honda-tech that sells these seats all day long and there's different types or replicas of brides and recaros. You should check it out

I know Tim probably doesn't support this idea of buying cheap fake stuff. I usually don't either if it's terrible quality. But IMO as long as you educated yourself by doing firm research and you have first hand experience like me buying it local it's not all bad. It is just when you play the guessing game of the quality of something you've never seen in person, is where you get in trouble. I personally don't mind my stuff being fake or whatnot as long as it gets the job done. ie BC racing coilovers instead of teins or stri gauges in stead of defi gauges.

Good luck I will try to post some pics but none today, since I'm going to be out!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Grocery getter

It's more that I don't like supporting the fake parts market. It hurts the industry, there was a great article in Modified all about it a few months back. There are a lot of kick @ss parts that companies who build parts for street/race have made for our platform (and many others) but "decided not to take beyond the track because it would just be copied and they would not even get their investment back".

It's a personal choice. I'm not trying to preach to everyone.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Agreed, but Bride sells one seat and they've made enough profit for a year haha.

I am still waiting for my sparco quote. I am really starting to like the look of them.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Oh and as for comfort, I love them. I'm ~5'11" 180lbs and they fit great. They don't make sedan brackets so I used Z brackets which fit perfect but sit lower. It works well because I can still fit with my helmet on.

This cali trip next weekend will be my first drive longer than 2 hours each way with them so I'll let you know how I end up. So far they have been great.
The z brackets fit the sedan? I thought I saw somewhere around the forum that it didn't fit.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Seem like you could get the OEM sedan seat remade for that much money. Get them to fit like you want at a custom upholstery shop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Racing seats in a sedan (Again)