G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Thinking of getting a G35 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by prophylaxis
yah i read that, but i figured if it was a steal of a price over an 03/04 it shouldnt be too hard of a fix right? i hope? im new to this oil consumption business and i think its a step up from 4 bangers to v6 still searching and trying to learn more before i actually purchase one in the next couple of months! it seems like the best colors for coupe are black on black, silver and black does white come with black on the inside? D=
The fix is a new engine. So any deal you think you get on an OC burning car goes out the window when you factor in the cost of tracking down and installing a short block assembly.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
The fix is a new engine. So any deal you think you get on an OC burning car goes out the window when you factor in the cost of tracking down and installing a short block assembly.
oh snap, i thought it was like a change of fuel lines pan and what not D=
does the V series have like a frankenstein block swaps?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep its a new engine not just simple fuel lines lmao

Old 12-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe an 04 6mt is your best bet

Old 12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
oh snap, i thought it was like a change of fuel lines pan and what not D=
does the V series have like a frankenstein block swaps?

Swap a VQ45DE in

Or an LS7

Old 12-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Swap a VQ45DE in

Or an LS7
What? Not a Cammer?? What kinda Ford freak are you?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
yah i read that, but i figured if it was a steal of a price over an 03/04 it shouldnt be too hard of a fix right? i hope? im new to this oil consumption business and i think its a step up from 4 bangers to v6 still searching and trying to learn more before i actually purchase one in the next couple of months! it seems like the best colors for coupe are black on black, silver and black does white come with black on the inside? D=
yes but IP with black interior are very hard to find

Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^But they look sooooooo good

Old 01-04-2010, 04:36 AM
would you guys think places like cars.com autotrader etc etc is a good bet or should i just drive around and call dealerships / look for ads in the newspaper? i saw a dropped sedan and a dropped coupe side by side and i gotta say the coupe just has this younger appeal to it, where as the sedan seemed more of a 25-30 age wise kinda deal. <---21

Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Do both. Whenever I'm shopping, that's what I do. With the G, I found it on AutoTrader. It was in Tampa. I called the guy, haggled, (he was very honest) then I went and test drove it and made the deal. I had also left my contact information and what I was looking for with all the dealers in town, but never got a call back.
But with my last car, I found lots of stuff like I might be interested in on autotrader around the Tampa area, so I printed up a list, and spent a day driving around to each place. As it turns out, none of them had exactly what I wanted, or had already sold the car I was looking for, but I left my number and what I ideally wanted (also did this with dealers in town as well). A couple weeks later, I still hadn't got a car, and I got a call from one of the dealers I had left my number with down near Tampa. The guy said he had a car in that he thought would be what I was looking for. Ends up that it was exactly what I was looking for so I drove down, looked it over really good, test drove, then went inside and haggled them down a good bit (based off KBB, flaws, etc) to a price I could live with and bought the car.
So yes, use every shopping tool at your disposal, leave your numbers with dealers, and be willing to drive a bit if you really want a deal.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^ all of the above, although I'm partial to the internet advertising. So much more to choose from and you can spread your search out as far as you're willing to go. Deals can be found anywhere, so don't limit yourself. They can also fall in your lap when you're not even shopping like mine did

Old 01-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I have an 05x and im jealous of the 03-04 because of their nismo kits. 05-06 has nothing really for it YET, so if you want to wait like the rest of us then feel free.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:16 PM
As for the bit of research i have done on the internet and from what you AWESOME fellas told me here, do the 05/06 coupe 6mts have the OC problem or does it really does just fall onto the sedans? are the g35x's just hte ones with AWD? is AWD super awesome? / justify the price gap between the RWD?

I would also like to thank all of you guys for being so helpful and responsive!!

Old 01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go for it, I just purchased an 06 G35x CPO and could not find a better car for the price. Other cars I was considering were the A4 2.0T and the 330xi, both of which were few grand more than the G35x. My requirements were 4 door sedan, awd capabilities, and enough performance to make my 70 mile commute enjoyable. The only downside is mileage but I'd rather pay up at the pump and have fun than drive a hybrid!

In regards to the OC issue, it seems that it only affected the MT and the auto's were fine but I'm sure others will chime in. AWD is great but remember it's limited by the tires you have on. My CPO came with mismatched garbage tires which I'll be sure to replace as soon as I wear them down. My BMW which is rwd w/ Blizzaks performs better in the snow than my G35....

Is it worth the price premium? Guess it depends on where you live and the type of weather you get. For me, I could've gone by with winter tires but didn't want to go through the hassle of swapping each winter so AWD w/ a decent set of all-seasons was preferable.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 PM
? = 2B || !2B

As for the bit of research i have done on the internet and from what you AWESOME fellas told me here, do the 05/06 coupe 6mts have the OC problem or does it really does just fall onto the sedans? are the g35x's just hte ones with AWD? is AWD super awesome? / justify the price gap between the RWD?

I would also like to thank all of you guys for being so helpful and responsive!!
That completely depends if you're going to be dealing with snow or not. The AWD G isn't really performance oriented (like say an STi) So the price and decrease in economy is only worth it if you're going to drive in the snow alot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a G35 sedan