G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My babie is sick. Someone help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My babie is sick. Someone help...

I just got my car on Sunday. Everything was going super. The car was in good condition, it changed gears like pro. Smooth gear change, smooth braking, good feel, even on bumpy roads. When the car goes into grooves in the road...that a whole different story. Wide wheels =p

I figured I'll be cheap and change my engine oil at Strauss auto. After leaving the dealer I felt the car not moving after letting go of the break pedal, but I accelerated thinking that it's just the new oil, after that it was fine. Later that night I went out and I drove it slow until I reached a longer straight road. I floored it and the car jumped and then it seemed like it cut fuel. This happened once every few acceleration. I figured I'll go to the dealer later the next day. I drove to work and on the way back the engine light came on and the engine started jerking. When i pressed the gas down it would jerk really bad, fuel with cut on and off. I was only half a mile away so i decided to slowly come home.

Now on start the car turns on and it moves when i let go of the break but it will not accelerate. I'm moving it to the dealer tomorrow.

Does anyone know what the problem might be. Do you think that the guys at Strauss might have screwed something up? Do you think it might be engine or something else?

If it comes out to be a problem after changing the oil and the engine is screwed up I will kill them. So if you hear of a crazed lunatic stabbing Strauss car mechanics, you know it's me. ROFL

Please help,
Marcin

Old 01-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Marcin, welcome.

Dude........get it flatbedded to infiniti right away.......stop driving your car. Sounds like something Strauss or whatever those bootlegged shop guys did, it f'ed up your car. Get ready to release hell on them. That's why I never take my car to unknown mechanics........I just can't trust them.

I would think it's MAF sensor.....but who knows.....just get it fixed ASAP. Who did you buy it from? Dealer or privatE? still in Warranty?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 PM
have you checked yoru dip stick? maybe the numb nuts forgot to put your motor oil in after draining it LOLOL.....or they might've mixed up the bottles and gave you a totally wrong weight....

Old 01-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Yea, I don't know. It seems like there is barely any oil. Just a little on the tip. 1 inch maybe.

I still didn't buy the extended warranty. My dealer said that he is going check it out tomorrow. He should be sending a truck. (1 month warranty from dealer)

Btw, you think I should by the warranty tomorrow and have it shipped to Infiniti, or go to my dealer's shop?

Either way I'll take a video or something at the shop and if they screwed something up and the engine is hurt in anyway now, I'm suing for the price of an engine replacement.

I have been doing college and working for 2 years to buy this car and these people screwed me in a matter of hours. I will not let this go easy!!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Did you ever check the temp gauge when all this was happening? If you ran with no oil, the engine would fry and the temp would shoot up

Good luck and keep us posted

Old 01-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
damn man sorry to hear that, Good Luck

Old 01-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Engine temp is low. I check few times.

I don't know what the problem is. The only thing that comes to mind as of now is the oil/engine problem. Everything was going really well, till the point I changed the oil.

Maybe it's something else, but if there is anything i learned, is that nothing happens for no reason.

On my dad's car the breaks went out after getting some work done. A day after the pressure in the breaks went away and the car stopped breaking. The guys who were working on it damaged the break line or something down those lines. I'm not very good with cars so I don't get how this stuff work, but if you want to talk computers and technology, I'm all ears. hehe.

I'll find out tomorrow and let you guys know.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Might be a throttle body problem. Happened to me. Check it out.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:51 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having problems. Keep us posted.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Have you popped the hood and verified ALL connections around the intake are secure, tight, etc. Sounds to me like a vacuum leak and/or bad MAF. My guess is they loosened something on the intake tract, maybe because they could get the dipstick back in. The smallest of leak on the engine side of the MAF will cause major driveability issues.

BTW, "brakes" = things that stop your car.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:55 AM
keep us updated.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:53 AM
sucks man. I wish the best for you

Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know when you spin out on snow etc. the slip light goes on and the fuel 'cuts' etc. Maybe you have a bad sensor? Check your dipstick and see if you notice anything unusual, smell it to see if anything is burnt. I highly doubt someone messed up an oil change... BUT, check for yourself, there is a DIY video for how to change the oil in our cars, its incredibly simple. Check to see if they put the oil plug back in, the filter was changed etc. Try your car with the traction control off and see if it makes a difference. Keep us posted daily man!!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am guessing MAF as well... you can pick up a can of cleaner for cheap and clean it. Not a bad idea to do in general anyhow...

Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 PM
so it was not the engine oil. Even though they did not put back my shield/plastic cover back on and for some reason they took off the air sensor an put it back in such a way that wire was cooking on the engine block (twister wrong direction).
I would go back to get my cover back but i made a big deal and I'm embarrassed now =/

Here is my new thread.
I don't know what to do

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...g35-sedan.html

I got my g35 sedan. 60k miles 2003.
The dealer gave me 30day warranty on major parts.
I still had to paid 340 for repairs.
The car still has a Check Engine Light on.

After 2 days of driving the car broke down. The gas throttle needed to be replaced. The car lost power and was unable to move.
After replacing the throttle body the car acted funny. Whenever you break and the car shiftsdown the revs shoot up by 1k. When breaking it feel a little dangerous because i feel like the car pulls forwards. Also the engine idle is high, or I feel that it's hight 1100rpm.

My friend check out the car and he said that the throttle body looks used. It looks more oxidized than my old one. Also, we found 2 more problems,
Code:
P0550 : PowerSteering sensor
P0113 : Air Intake Pressure & temperature (i think)

What do you think of the revving up problem? Should I get my money back for the repair? Do you think I should keep the car?

Thanks,
Marcin