G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

When I sell the car to someone never meet..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AARONHL
WOW Are you joking?
wat do you mean?
Did i somthing wrong?
I should not tell someone my acct number?

Old 02-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
he can always reverse it, call hims bank and deny it still i think... not 100%

he could also claim his stuff was stolen as well and then it would reversed. did you actually talk to the guy on the phone and etc. i would of least ask for his name and drivers lincese.

it seems a little more legit then the other stories i've heard. Hopefully all is good.

yea i know there are legit people who buy smashed cars and fix or even gut the car. dont care what they do as long as you get your chedder

Old 02-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
I would say you are fine, but I would maybe call the bank to see where the payment came from. If they can even do that?

You gave him your account and routing numbers, so hopefully he won't withdrawal anything!!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by reverse01134
wat do you mean?
Did i somthing wrong?
I should not tell someone my acct number?
Are you not familiar with identity theft? Or people abusing your bank account?

Old 02-26-2010, 10:19 PM
I would say you are fine, but I would maybe call the bank to see where the payment came from. If they can even do that?

You gave him your account and routing numbers, so hopefully he won't withdrawal anything!!!!
If it is a problem, I will close the account and reopen it.
And fortunately I didn't really put much money in the account that was used.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I would almost do that anyway...

Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I would almost do that anyway...
I will do that. Thanks for advice

Old 02-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
might want to check out an Escrow service.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Go to your bank and set up a special account to handle this transaction, that way no one has access to your other funds. When the cash is received close the account...easy and simple. Then send him the pink with a bill of sale stating the car sold in "As Is Condition!" Now this won't come back and bite you in the azz, all bases covered....
Gary

Old 02-26-2010, 11:20 PM
if it is a PENDING transaction. do not send him anything yet. this can be cancelled anytime. once the money is in your account normally takes 3-7 days then send him whatever. make sure you have a bill of sale attached with all the emails saved or printed just incase of a law suit. contact your bank, close that account and reopen it again. normally they will change your account number in that way he will not be able to charge you for anything again or cancel your payment. please be very careful and if anything consult a lawyer. to be on the safe side request him to fax you his Drivers lisence with his signature stating what he wants to purchase.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:29 PM
What do you mean you fail to see how it could be a scam at this point? you mean it is not a scam?
I mean the deal looks good to me. I would go to your bank, in person, and verify that you can withdraw the money in cash if you wanted to - verify there is no waiting period or other type of hold on the funds. I would also ask them if the person would be able to withdraw money from your account with the information you provided him. I suspect the answer is no, but if it is yes you could close the account and deposit the money into another one. Of course this may be inconvenient - if I closed my checking account I would need to order new checks, get a new ATM card, re set-up my direct deposit and my automatic withdraws for my car loan and insurance. It would be worth it though to be 100% sure I held on to the money. Also I like the fact that the deal was done through ebay so there is a record of the details you and the buyer agreed on there.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why not just mail him your credit card as well..

I hope you didnt give him your checking account number you use often.

Last edited by Bestswat; 02-27-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
i was going to sell this to a guy who offered $4000. and the guy who bought the car called and I told him that I already have offer for $4000. So he offered $4500.

I just got a mail. he said,
"Please don't forget to sign title and send it asap. Also please leave the buy blank. The car is for someone else. Thank you"

Is it ok to leave the buy blank? He said he will sign and resend the bill of sales. I am not sure that I can trust him.
I certainly wouldn't have given him my account number.

But that's done. I'd tell the bank the situation, and that you would like to open a new account and transfer all the funds into that, since you feel that the one is safe anymore.

You MUST fill out the buyer on the title, since you are legally obligated to send in that notice of transfer to your state vehicle registration authority.

I would have slowed down this process to make sure you had notarized stuff in writing from him that includes the price, method of payment, VIN and acknowledgment of condition of vehicle. Wait for it to clear, remove as cash. That way in case anything court-related comes up, you have stuff signed by him that he can't fight.

DO NOT release the car to any vehicle shipper until you have an original stamped (with that crushy stamping device), notarized document from him that includes the price, method of payment, VIN of and acknowledgment of condition of vehicle.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 AM
I don't know what the laws are in your state, but you should fill out the buyers name on the title. If you don't, he will 'jump' the title and there will be no record that he ever owned it. If the person that gets it down the road finds out it was damaged they can work their way back to you. At that point it would be good to be able to prove you sold the car to [insert buyers name here] and that THEY knew it was damaged.

-forgot to add-
It is my understanding that since there was no insurance payout for this damage, the carfax report will remain clean. That's why I'd have proof of who you sold it to and that they knew about it. If it doesn't get fixed right, they know who did it and how to get in touch with them.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Are you not familiar with identity theft? Or people abusing your bank account?
I would be concerned about the same. More so that he got hold of someone else information, by using the same type of scam, and gave you money out of their account. Basically, he could have done an ID theft on someone else to pay you. That would explain why he said the car is for someone else. He could easily explain why the money came out of an account with a different name than his on it if you questioned where the transaction came from. He gets G35 for free and resells it for a few thousand dollar to an unsuspecting person. If someone is scammed you are going to have to prove you are not the scammer when the police knock at your door. You will most likely end up paying back the money to the victim and be out a car. You might ask your bank if they can contact the bank the transaction came from to see if there is a dispute on the transaction. They can also ask the other bank to contact the account holder to verify the transaction. If they won't contact the bank, ask them what bank it is. Call the bank and explain the situation. They will contact the account holder because it makes them look like they are on the ball and security conscious. If the bank contacts the account holder, and they say it is legitimate, it would be hard for them to dispute it later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: When I sell the car to someone never meet..