G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

When I sell the car to someone never meet..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Here's another thing if you don't fill out the title to him.

Whomever he's selling to or working with arranges shipping, it's all in their name. He claims you took the money from him and never heard back from you. The title is signed to person #3 without any record of him in it.

He takes you to court for the $4500, and wins, since you have no record that he ever received the vehicle or title.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
hopefully all this is a big hype and all goes well, OP please inform of us the outcome.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:36 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Yeah, there's always a chance it's on the up & up, but moving fast, from far away, asking for your bank account/routing number, asking for title not to be signed, buying for somebody else...

It could be scam, it could be legit, or it could be a legit purchase to get a VIN for a stolen vehicle to be sold.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed the part about the buyer not wanting his name on the title - I'd ask my DMV about that one.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 AM
So what happened? Did it work out?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

I'm sure it worked out... Just whether it worked out good for the OP is the real question.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:46 AM
I was kind of curious myself....It is not a G but another make/model that I am going to do the same thing with. maybe not as shady as this sounds but non the less....Update?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Just deal local, in cash, and sign the title over only to them, never leave it blank. The big problem with the OP is that $4500 is that zone where it's not-quite big enough to be worth paying a lawyer for, dealing across state lines, the perfect zone for scammers.

But really, if the "buyer" gives him the money legitimately, has him sign the title without filling in the "buyer's" name, the "buyer" can sign it to his accomplice, who claims to have paid the seller in cash and has the title, shipping documents and such to prove that it was paid for and shipped. "Buyer" then sues for the $4500 he gave the seller without ever receiving the vehicle, which he claims was sold out from under him. "Buyer" may even be in an entirely different state from the accomplice, to make sure there's no way to link them.

If it's done locally and everything's signed there and (non-counterfeit) cash is handed over it's much easier.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Just deal local, in cash, and sign the title over only to them, never leave it blank. The big problem with the OP is that $4500 is that zone where it's not-quite big enough to be worth paying a lawyer for, dealing across state lines, the perfect zone for scammers.

But really, if the "buyer" gives him the money legitimately, has him sign the title without filling in the "buyer's" name, the "buyer" can sign it to his accomplice, who claims to have paid the seller in cash and has the title, shipping documents and such to prove that it was paid for and shipped. "Buyer" then sues for the $4500 he gave the seller without ever receiving the vehicle, which he claims was sold out from under him. "Buyer" may even be in an entirely different state from the accomplice, to make sure there's no way to link them.

If it's done locally and everything's signed there and (non-counterfeit) cash is handed over it's much easier.
i totally agree, anything that credit is very dangerous.. even if you get the cash out.. you never know if the account information was stolen.. its a bad way to deal business with, if it was me i would only sell it if i had the cash in hand, no check or credit is the same because those transactions can be scams.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Personally...i prob would have said i wasn't comfortable with the deal and called it off.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut

i totally agree, anything that credit is very dangerous.. even if you get the cash out.. you never know if the account information was stolen.. its a bad way to deal business with, if it was me i would only sell it if i had the cash in hand, no check or credit is the same because those transactions can be scams.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread has got me on the edge of my seat.... good thing I've got my popcorn ready

I agree with most folks on here, I would have done a local cash transaction. Keep in mind that just b/c you withdrew the money does NOT mean that it has cleared. the clearing process could take up to 2 weeks.

furthermore, I would not worry about giving him your checking account number and routing number, these are available on your checks, and the process is no different than him giving the guy a check.

as this point, I would advise to wait until the money has cleared (contact the bank to make sure). and if you still feel uneasy, inform the bank, and they'll change your account numbers.

hope everything works out...

Old 03-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Bump, 'cause I want to know what happened.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 PM
I would really like to know what happened as well, but being that it's been about a month since we've heard from OP I'd think one of two things happened, more likely the latter though in my guess:

A) Got the money, sent the car, all went smoothly, everyone is happy. He no longer has a G so hasn't come back onto the forums

OR.....

B) OP got so royally effed by what to me, appears to be an apparent scam attempt.. that he's dealing with so many legal issues and has been completely overwhelmed to the extent that he's completely forgotten these forums existed...

Although I would like to see his input personally...

Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by 04g35sedan
i would really like to know what happened as well, but being that it's been about a month since we've heard from op i'd think one of two things happened, more likely the latter though in my guess:

A) got the money, sent the car, all went smoothly, everyone is happy. He no longer has a g so hasn't come back onto the forums

or.....

B) op got so royally effed by what to me, appears to be an apparent scam attempt.. That he's dealing with so many legal issues and has been completely overwhelmed to the extent that he's completely forgotten these forums existed...

Although i would like to see his input personally...
lol!