G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x and STechs = Uneven drop...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by TehG35
It sounds like you just definitely need a camber kit and alignment. i would try to avoid driving it as much as possible.. and don't put the new rims on!
New rims are on and no rubbing. Though I have very little clearence on the left. Fender roll FTW

Originally Posted by Fr3shIngredient
is your car on a flat ground that is even? could be that.
nope, flat ground.

Originally Posted by thumper10s
lessson 1

dont drop without alignment. tires wear fast if camber is off.
Thank you capt obvious. Called the shop that installed them and they are going to take a look at them to ensure everything is correct. Also, they are installing my camber kit and rolling the fenders.

Originally Posted by h23sdominate
alright all of you guys are freaking out about camber.....yes its a tire wearing angle but most of the time you want a little negative camber ESPECIALLY if he is using his car for any type of track use or just loves to take hard corners. There are plenty of guys on here running crazy amounts of negative camber for their dd cars. Now if you have positive camber i would say fix it right away since you're actually loosing tire to road surface contact on most turns. I'd say give your car a little bit longer for your springs to settle, if they still dont settle right look at other variables like how much gas is in your car, if you have anything in the backseat, incorrect installation, any of these things can cause it to be a little lower on one side.

/end rant
what he said.... Seems like Tein has a slight history of uneven drops

Old 03-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had a bad experience with my S-techs so far as well.

I am almost +1" drop greater than expected in the rear (w/ empty fuel tank), with the RR sitting at -2.2" from stock. Also, my car is uneven side-to-side by .5". The R/S is lower than the L/S

I'm changing the suspension out again this weekend to correct the vehicle condition. I will let you know if my issue has something to do with the spings, installation, or the weld condition of the body/sub-frame.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by salsee
I have had a bad experience with my S-techs so far as well.

I am almost +1" drop greater than expected in the rear (w/ empty fuel tank), with the RR sitting at -2.2" from stock. Also, my car is uneven side-to-side by .5". The R/S is lower than the L/S

I'm changing the suspension out again this weekend to correct the vehicle condition. I will let you know if my issue has something to do with the spings, installation, or the weld condition of the body/sub-frame.
Keep me posted. The drop on S-techs was more aggressive than I expected. But HTechs are not low enough and nor are Eibachs. If I could do S-Tech front and Eibach Prokit rear, I would be very happy.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
^ same, the gap on the s tech is more in the front than the rear, in the front is 2 fingers and in the rear is only 1 not even

Old 03-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by myGi$Gangsta
^ same, the gap on the s tech is more in the front than the rear, in the front is 2 fingers and in the rear is only 1 not even
that is the nature of the wheel wells. The front looks good IMO, the rear is a touch too aggressive. 350z revised may work as well.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
i'd love my front to match my rear but my lip is already lowww on the floor, i'd def mess it up

Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
I am having my camber arms installed and fenders rolled this week. We will see what that does for stance. Also, they are gonna check out the space difference from R to L. Also need to get new rear tires as my OEM 19s are on now. AWD does not like unmatched rolling diameters.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
If you're going to run unevens, even if only for a short while, pull the AWD fuse or you risk damaging it.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
most drops are uneven. Not sure why or how but they are. stock i think mines lower on the right when i had on Z springs. THere isn't an exact math to measure to make sure your not seeing things. Cars just aren't designed perfertly. It could be the wear of the shock or stuff in the trunk. If you passangers tend to sit more on one VS the other.

Too many things to factor. I rarely care. I have coils now and tell you the truth its not even. Nor do i care that much. I try to get it even but i will loose sleep over .25 inches, unless i'm rubbing or something.

I ran last year without a camber kit for 3000 miles on a pretty low drop. camber signs on the tires but maybe about 2/32 difference. Not a big deal. You guys all all complain about camber and etc, remember donpisto is on like -5 degrees on PURPOSE.

Missouri, just ride it out for a bit. and get your alignment. It will not make a difference.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
If you're going to run unevens, even if only for a short while, pull the AWD fuse or you risk damaging it.
Getting them tomorrow, so def not going to pull the fuse. The drop I have now is pretty aggressive. Before I do the camber kit install, we are going to check out the springs and get it aligned. I like to space out expenditures

Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was thinking of coilovers, but then too expensive,
i hope my springs are even, putting them on soonn,
maybe ill get h techs instead of s techs hehe

Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by gshock
i was thinking of coilovers, but then too expensive,
i hope my springs are even, putting them on soonn,
maybe ill get h techs instead of s techs hehe
The cost of a coilover kit is about the cost of new springs and strut/shocks and entire hardware you need to put it on. Well maybe a little more least with RWD sedans.

AWD you dont have much options for front struts. Plus it elimates the " I dont like my drop" and the " its too low or high" and my favorite " i wish it was just a little more higher/lower"

Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
The cost of a coilover kit is about the cost of new springs and strut/shocks and entire hardware you need to put it on. Well maybe a little more least with RWD sedans.

AWD you dont have much options for front struts. Plus it elimates the " I dont like my drop" and the " its too low or high" and my favorite " i wish it was just a little more higher/lower"
Going coils next year. Just want to fix what I have now. Going to the shop today.