G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 sedan A/T vs C230 kompressor M/T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
G35 sedan A/T vs C230 kompressor M/T

Before I get started with my question I want to clarify that G I love my G.
However my sister-in-law's bf has an 03 Benz kompressor 6speed manual. This is a 4 cylinder with a supercharger or whatever.
First of all I don't like the looks of it, given it's got some nice rims but that's about it. Anyhow, he's really cocky about his Benz, and I am not a car expert or anything, but I want to over debate him on how my G35 blows his Benz out of the water, if indeed it does, and I don't mean just speed (he thinks he can take me given that mine's automatic).

I mean we are guna go out, and he will be tempting me to race him a bit, so I want to make sure I will smoke him , and what else can I say to bring his benz down

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
not this idiocy again...
1. don't race on the streets - take it to the track
2. you will kill the benz.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by codeflux
not this idiocy again...
1. don't race on the streets - take it to the track
2. you will kill the benz.
Def. not on the streets, there is an old track behind a farm I go to....

and thanks

Old 03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah... you will destroy him:

For the 2003 model of the C230, Mercedes has largely addressed our engine complaint with an all-new 1.8-liter, all-aluminum supercharged four-cylinder. On paper, this engine would seem to be a step backward for Mercedes. It's down about a half-liter of displacement compared with the old engine, and it makes less peak horsepower and torque. And it makes those peaks at higher revs. The old 2.3-liter—still the base engine in the SLK hardtop roadster for 2003—makes 192 horsepower at 5500 rpm and 200 pound-feet of torque at 2500 rpm. The new 1.8-liter engine makes 189 horsepower at 5800 rpm and 192 pound-feet of torque at 3500 rpm. Indeed, the sprint to 60 mph for the 1.8-liter 2003 model is an unremarkable 8.1 seconds

Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I'd assume you mean the sedan, not the coupe correct?

Either way, his car doesn't have a chance in hell, from a dig (completely stopped) or from a roll. I had an '03 as well (M/T) and trust me, there is zero torque thrust when you mash the gas pedal.

Besides the clear advantage in engine performance, I'll give you my personal list (as an owner of both cars, I think my opinion is valid) as to why the G35 is a million times better:

G35 has much more comfortable seats and has a lot more spacious interior. The C230 is cramped and has smaller and stiffer seats.

G35 audio is miles ahead of the C230, a simple test of playing a song you both like on max volume in both cars will show the difference. The clarity of sound as well as the output is clearly better.

G35 has a much more spacious trunk. Can't fit anything of any size into the C230. Although this seems to be a small thing for some, for me it's the difference between taking a girlfriend on vacation, bringing both our sets of skiis and clothing bags for a week and going on a vacation by myself, with my skiis coming through to my right arm in the front seat.

I think the ride quality on the G is more plush, the C230 is a lot more stiff and although is better with handling, overall comfort I don't see comparable.

All in all, the G35 is really meant to line up with mid-level sedans, aka your BMW 5 series, your Mercedes E-class, your Lexus GS, etc. Those cars have a lot of bells and whistles that entry level sedans do not have. The G35 is not quite those, but I would not consider it an entry-level luxury sedan, regardless of the price.

The C230 is the definition of an entry level sedan. It cuts a lot of corners on class and comfort to maintain a low $30s price point.

So honestly, I don't really think it's even a close comparison. I give you permission to print this off and read to him. If he doesn't believe your argument, do a car swap for the weekend and you'll both see.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by 04g35sedan
i'd assume you mean the sedan, not the coupe correct?

Either way, his car doesn't have a chance in hell, from a dig (completely stopped) or from a roll. I had an '03 as well (m/t) and trust me, there is zero torque thrust when you mash the gas pedal.

Besides the clear advantage in engine performance, i'll give you my personal list (as an owner of both cars, i think my opinion is valid) as to why the g35 is a million times better:

G35 has much more comfortable seats and has a lot more spacious interior. The c230 is cramped and has smaller and stiffer seats.

G35 audio is miles ahead of the c230, a simple test of playing a song you both like on max volume in both cars will show the difference. The clarity of sound as well as the output is clearly better.

G35 has a much more spacious trunk. Can't fit anything of any size into the c230. Although this seems to be a small thing for some, for me it's the difference between taking a girlfriend on vacation, bringing both our sets of skiis and clothing bags for a week and going on a vacation by myself, with my skiis coming through to my right arm in the front seat.

I think the ride quality on the g is more plush, the c230 is a lot more stiff and although is better with handling, overall comfort i don't see comparable.

All in all, the g35 is really meant to line up with mid-level sedans, aka your bmw 5 series, your mercedes e-class, your lexus gs, etc. Those cars have a lot of bells and whistles that entry level sedans do not have. The g35 is not quite those, but i would not consider it an entry-level luxury sedan, regardless of the price.

The c230 is the definition of an entry level sedan. It cuts a lot of corners on class and comfort to maintain a low $30s price point.

So honestly, i don't really think it's even a close comparison. I give you permission to print this off and read to him. If he doesn't believe your argument, do a car swap for the weekend and you'll both see.
:bouncebounce:

Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 PM
I love how everone says "not on the street" like you have never done it... And where im from if you take your stock ish G to the track you would get flamed. the track is for race cars... IMO if you dont run 12.99 or better your wasting your time going to the track. Im not saying go race on the street, Just be smart about it When you do, No putting anyone in danger that is not competing in the race, eg: weaving in and out of cars.. My 2 cents.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:35 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
OP grow up.

IBTL

Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by C63someday
I love how everone says "not on the street" like you have never done it... And where im from if you take your stock ish G to the track you would get flamed. the track is for race cars... IMO if you dont run 12.99 or better your wasting your time going to the track. Im not saying go race on the street, Just be smart about it When you do, No putting anyone in danger that is not competing in the race, eg: weaving in and out of cars.. My 2 cents.
Are you talking about a dragstrip or a track? Regardless, racing should be done in a controlled environment. Anyone over the age of 16-18 should know this.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Im talking about the dragstrip... unless you know of a track that you can lap in under 13 seconds.... anyone over the age of 16-18 would have noticed this. And im not saying go street racing, Just simply dont be a hypocrite. We mod to go faster, turn harder, stop shorter, and look better, Im sure that all of you 16-50 romp on it from time to time, Weather it be doing a small pull with a friends car, Or comming off an off ramp at greater rate of speed then needed, As well as carving up some fun canyon roads. We ALL "speed" "race" and drive spirited from time to time, And if you dont go buy a yaris cause your simply wasting gas.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Who gives a crap about what other people think at the strip? I know I don't. I get a lot of enjoyment out of whiping up on previous gen Mustang GTs and LT1 F-Bodies with my sports sedan. I could care less about a non-streetable purpose-built insanely noisy 9-second, gutted, big block Chevy Nova with a 4500rpm stall converter. Real exciting.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^lol truth.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by 04G35Sedan
G35 audio is miles ahead of the C230, a simple test of playing a song you both like on max volume in both cars will show the difference. The clarity of sound as well as the output is clearly better.
I'm gonna have to disagree with the audio system. Having both BOSE systems in my C and G, the Mercedes' BOSE system sounds clearer and has a tad more bass. But agree with everything else. The C are slow unless it has AMG on it.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:14 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 04G35Sedan

All in all, the G35 is really meant to line up with mid-level sedans, aka your BMW 5 series, your Mercedes E-class, your Lexus GS, etc. Those cars have a lot of bells and whistles that entry level sedans do not have. The G35 is not quite those, but I would not consider it an entry-level luxury sedan, regardless of the price.

The C230 is the definition of an entry level sedan. It cuts a lot of corners on class and comfort to maintain a low $30s price point.

The G is an entry level sedan as well. I disagree with your car line up. The sole purpose of the G when introduced was to go against the 3 series and they have done that VERY VERY well.

C230, TSX, 1 series (maybe)
G35, 3 series, C-class cars, TL, IS250/350
M35/45, 5 class, i dunno what class benz, GS350

I might be wrong on some but i think this is a little more accurate then what your stating. Cars are cars. some cars fit better into a certain class then others.

people think cars are fast because of the badge and etc. owning a 3 series can be anything from a 318 (4 banger hatch) to a M3.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Im talking about the dragstrip... unless you know of a track that you can lap in under 13 seconds.... anyone over the age of 16-18 would have noticed this. And im not saying go street racing, Just simply dont be a hypocrite. We mod to go faster, turn harder, stop shorter, and look better, Im sure that all of you 16-50 romp on it from time to time, Weather it be doing a small pull with a friends car, Or comming off an off ramp at greater rate of speed then needed, As well as carving up some fun canyon roads. We ALL "speed" "race" and drive spirited from time to time, And if you dont go buy a yaris cause your simply wasting gas.
Really jacka**? Obviously 12.99 is a drag time, but since nobody said anything about taking it to a dragstrip I wasn't sure how that was relevant. To me a track means a track, not a strip.

Also, giving it a little extra gas on an off ramp or flooring it on an empty highway isn't the same as racing your buddy on public roads to see which car is faster.

Last edited by OKStateG35; 03-25-2010 at 09:18 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 sedan A/T vs C230 kompressor M/T