G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I finally got the car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got the car!

So after searching and searching (and asking many questions here: https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-...5-06-g35x.html - Thanks to everyone who answered them!) and a few cars getting sold under my nose I finally got my hands on an 06 G35x Prem C + Navi with 26K miles. I added a few pictures:

Everything has been great so far but I have found a couple weird thing I'm hoping people can shed some light on.

-Every time I press the brake, I hear a clicking sound. The clicking sounds like it's actually emitting from the brake pedal or the brake pedal assembly. However, I did notice that if I have the car off, the clicking sound comes from the brake pedal AND the center stack (under the gear shift.) It has been annoying but it hasn't affected any brake performance to my knowledge. No error lights are being displayed on the dash.

-I can feel the vibrations from the speakers on the accelerator. I don't feel it on the brake but when I have the music a bit loud (15-16) I can feel the vibrations on the pedal. Is that normal? I've had sound systems that were bassy before but never had that happen.

Other than that, things have been great. All the little features really add up. The power of the engine sure is nice, I just wish it sounded more like the coupe during lower speeds. When you go from 30-60 or if you accelerate with medium ferocity from a standstill you can hear the familiar grumble that is so addicting. My gas mileage for the first few months is going to be even worse than average haha.

The car itself is in good condition but does need a proper detail on the outside and a bit on the inside to bring it to showroom condition.

I also had a problem with my gas cap. The wire that connect it to the body was broken. Anyone know the fix for this? And I also had a random part in my glovebox, don't know if these two are related?

Lastly, what should I be expecting for 30K maintenance? Anything out of the norm?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Congrats!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Congrats and welcome to the family officially. I love the black dash/console with stone interior combination a lot.

The random piece you found in the glove box is your tow hook cover. There's an opening in the bumper behind the license plate frame that the cover would fit in if you weren't running a front plate. As far as the brake issue IDK, sorry. 30,000 mile maintenance is pretty routine. Change fluids, inspect belts, and so on. Most of it you can do yourself to save a lot of $$ if you're halfway competent with a basic tools, a jack, and jackstands. Ramps will also work.

Enjoy the new ride, it's practically brand new with 26,000 miles.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Welcome

Exhaust is easy to fix... just do a little searching

Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
check your brake fluid level, i have seen abs pumps making a clicking noise due to having low fluids..quick and free check there first...

Congrats! car looks good...

Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Congrats!! I picked up an 06 G35x a few weeks back. Lakeshore exterior and same interior as yours. I love the car. Mine has 48k and runs like a dream. I also have that weird cover thing and wondered what it was for until right now lol

Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by 05_Silver_G35
Congrats!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Congrats and welcome to the family officially. I love the black dash/console with stone interior combination a lot.

The random piece you found in the glove box is your tow hook cover. There's an opening in the bumper behind the license plate frame that the cover would fit in if you weren't running a front plate. As far as the brake issue IDK, sorry. 30,000 mile maintenance is pretty routine. Change fluids, inspect belts, and so on. Most of it you can do yourself to save a lot of $$ if you're halfway competent with a basic tools, a jack, and jackstands. Ramps will also work.

Enjoy the new ride, it's practically brand new with 26,000 miles.
Thanks! I had to do the black combo since there was no way I could buy a car with the the stone interior and the beige dash. It was just too much beige.

The belts were already replaced just recently and I plan on contacting the previous dealer to see if they would be willing to let me know what was done in their possession. Nervous to work on basically a brand new car. But hopefully I'll be able to have the ***** to do the regular maintenance work.

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Welcome

Exhaust is easy to fix... just do a little searching
Thanks. I don't really want to go aftermarket because I LOVE the way the G/FXs sound. I just wish it was more pronounced on the sedan but I understand why they made it a bit understated.

Originally Posted by 03GT35R
check your brake fluid level, i have seen abs pumps making a clicking noise due to having low fluids..quick and free check there first...

Congrats! car looks good...
Thanks. I'll be sure to check tomorrow. Hopefully it's just that simple so it's rather annoying.

Originally Posted by GreatDane001
Congrats!! I picked up an 06 G35x a few weeks back. Lakeshore exterior and same interior as yours. I love the car. Mine has 48k and runs like a dream. I also have that weird cover thing and wondered what it was for until right now lol
Thanks. It sure is nice, huh? I love the way the car handles. It is very composed.

Anyone have any other words of wisdom on the gas cap or accelerator or brakes?

Old 05-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
The brake clicking is normal. When you press on the pedal, a switch actuates a solenoid near the shifter so you can pull it out of park. You're hearing both of them going off. I know it will happen when you have the car in park, but I can't remember if I hear it when I'm driving. I don't think so.

Congrats on the car. If it was just a dark shade of silver it would be perfect.

EDIT: Gas cap sucks even with the cord attached. It doesn't swivel very easily, especially in cold weather, and never stays in the little door holder clip dealie. Flops out and bangs against the car.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:27 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Beautiful car. I have looked around at a few 06Xs and might still pick one up, and keep it a bit more stock. I love these cars when they are loaded up with all the bells and whistles.

That car looks fantastic, by the way! I love silver.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:27 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by ilv2xlr8
Thanks. I don't really want to go aftermarket because I LOVE the way the G/FXs sound. I just wish it was more pronounced on the sedan but I understand why they made it a bit understated.
Again I say to you... easy fix, do a little searching

There are actually lots of OEM intake/exhaust options to improve sound (Such as coupe mid-pipe swaps, or Z intake tubes)

It really pays to do a little digging as there are soooooo many options, I'm sure you can get the sound you're looking for.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
u need to drop it ^^ trust me, u wont regret it lol

Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
The brake clicking is normal. When you press on the pedal, a switch actuates a solenoid near the shifter so you can pull it out of park. You're hearing both of them going off. I know it will happen when you have the car in park, but I can't remember if I hear it when I'm driving. I don't think so.

Congrats on the car. If it was just a dark shade of silver it would be perfect.

EDIT: Gas cap sucks even with the cord attached. It doesn't swivel very easily, especially in cold weather, and never stays in the little door holder clip dealie. Flops out and bangs against the car.
Hmm, have any idea what it could mean if I hear it during driving as well? Thanks. I'm really happy with the color since I think it suits the sedan very well.

Funny you mention that about the gas cap, the sales manager at the dealership said the same thing when I told him about it.

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Beautiful car. I have looked around at a few 06Xs and might still pick one up, and keep it a bit more stock. I love these cars when they are loaded up with all the bells and whistles.

That car looks fantastic, by the way! I love silver.
Thanks. At first, I wasn't sure if I really needed all the options but once you have them, they sure are nice. My experience with the navi so far has been good. It is a bit slower than a portable GPS but some of the POIs aren't always accurate (I typed in American food and one of the options was a great middle eastern restaurant haha.)

EDIT: Don't you have an 05x? haha

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Again I say to you... easy fix, do a little searching

There are actually lots of OEM intake/exhaust options to improve sound (Such as coupe mid-pipe swaps, or Z intake tubes)

It really pays to do a little digging as there are soooooo many options, I'm sure you can get the sound you're looking for.
Yeah, I might just have to do that.

Originally Posted by socialconflicts
u need to drop it ^^ trust me, u wont regret it lol
I've thought about it but I do live in Chicago so summer coming along means a lot more road construction so I'll see. If anything, I would probably go with some H-techs.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most likely you are nitpicking about the brake pedal. There is a selenoid for the shifter, and a relay for the brake lights.. Do you hear it over the radio or just when the radio is off?

edit: Like mentioned above, the z-tube is a must. You think your gas mileage will be bad now..wait til you get that...

Old 05-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
edit: Like mentioned above, the z-tube is a must. You think your gas mileage will be bad now..wait til you get that...[/QUOTE]

What are you considering to be bad gas mileage??

I have the Injen full CAI & get 21-22 city & 23.5-24 on hwy & i don't have a light foot...

Old 05-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by geew1z
Most likely you are nitpicking about the brake pedal. There is a selenoid for the shifter, and a relay for the brake lights.. Do you hear it over the radio or just when the radio is off?

edit: Like mentioned above, the z-tube is a must. You think your gas mileage will be bad now..wait til you get that...
I thought I was nitpicking at first but I can hear it sometimes over the radio. I guess I've started to tune it out. I just want to make sure the car is okay. As long as it's not a problem, I'll learn to live with it.

I'll have to try to find some sound clips of the ztube installed with a stock exhaust.

Originally Posted by 03GT35R

What are you considering to be bad gas mileage??

I have the Injen full CAI & get 21-22 city & 23.5-24 on hwy & i don't have a light foot...
Well I don't know how accurate the MPG is on the navi but at one point it was showing 13.5 haha. Then I put it on later when I was driving and it was around 19.5-20.5 and that's great for city driving.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally got the car!