G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Battery Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery Problem

wtf this the third time my battery has died on me since i bought the car back in feb ...i noticed everytime i dont start the car for more than three days the battery dies.

and this week i didnt turn the car on for a day and it died ...what makes it worst is that i took it to sears for a new battery and they said my old battery is good no point in changing

is it true that the radio has something to do with this problem i have a 03 sedan HELP PLEASE

Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Did Sears do a "Load Check" on it? Did they do a full charge and then hook up a load tester and pull it down to see if it is not calcified? Running a standard battery down below 11 volts more than three or four times is a sure bet to kill it fast.

You need to get someone with an ampmeter VOM Volt Ohm Meter) to check for a drain of more than a few milliamps when the car is shut off. You may have a light on in your trunk that stays on.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Is your CD player acting up? If so, that's what's draining your battery.
Find the radio fuse in the under-hood fusebox, pull it, leave your car sitting for 3-4 days and see if it cranks.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 PM
cd player doesnt work

Old 05-10-2010, 02:25 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^There is your problem then.
The CD changer isn't allowing the system to shut down, so it's constantly draining your battery slightly. After about 3 days, it'll have the battery completely tapped out.

Ultimate fix: double-din kit and new head unit.

Temp fix: it is possible to remove the cd changer from the rest of the unit. That's what I did. Now I just have AM/FM and use a cassette adapter for my mp3 player.
Still, that's just to get me by until I can save up enough to finish my in-car PC.

One other temp fix, if you're not brave enough to lobotomize the OEM head unit, is to just find the fuse for the radio and pull it every time you park the car for more than a day.
Only problem is, you have to remember to do it, and if you leave the fuse out, you won't have ac controls either, as they are on the same circuit.

The following users liked this post:
Sl33zyvq (06-19-2019)
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
wow ****ing nissan man thats some bull here i am spending all this money on suspension ,rims and now i gotta swap out my radio.......yea i guess its a excuse to get a double din but **** the dam radio is like 500$$$$ its self plus the double din kit ac controls 200$$$ ,plus installation$$$$$$$$$ .....because im not doing none of this **** my self dont wanna risk it

Only thing i did my self was the curbside rim install lol ..but for real im mad

**** man there shouuld b a recall onn this problem and infiniti should fix it for free

Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Yes, it should have been recalled, it's obviously a defect... however, it's not safety related, so a recall is very unlikely. Quite a few of the members on here got thires fixed under factory warranty, but that doesn't do any good for those of us with older sedans with high miles.
Don't blame Nissan though, they didn't build the HU/Changer

Old 05-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
The CD changer isn't allowing the system to shut down, so it's constantly draining your battery slightly. After about 3 days, it'll have the battery completely tapped out.

Temp fix: it is possible to remove the cd changer from the rest of the unit. That's what I did. Now I just have AM/FM and use a cassette adapter for my mp3 player.
Still, that's just to get me by until I can save up enough to finish my in-car PC.

One other temp fix, if you're not brave enough to lobotomize the OEM head unit, is to just find the fuse for the radio and pull it every time you park the car for more than a day.
Only problem is, you have to remember to do it, and if you leave the fuse out, you won't have ac controls either, as they are on the same circuit.

SO i had the ***** to tear my car apart and actually remove the cd changer from the rest of the radio wasnt as easy as i thought the little screws on the radio were a bitch most got striped but i got the job done

sorry i didnt take pics but i sold my iphone recently and i have no camera

Anyway im happpy i went ahead and did it now im stress free THANks to NFSP he has been a big help ---SMART guy!!!

o i almost forgot i found my original spare key hidden inside my aftermarket remote starter alarm lol y would somebody put it in there idk

i just saw the tip stickin out the end and was like what the heck is that lol

once again thanks to NFSP lmao

Old 05-22-2010, 05:54 PM
? = 2B || !2B

No Problem man. Glad you got it done... Yeah I forgot about those tiny screws... but you're right, they were a pain. I almost striped mine too.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:16 PM
2004 g35x sedan
Originally Posted by NFSP G35

Hey man I have an 04 g35x sedan . I’m having serious battery issues. I thought it was old original battery and shitty terminals . That’s not the case . I do have a CD player that from what I know can’t read cds I also have a old parrot 3200 I believe that I’m trying to get rid of cause I believe it’s a parasitic drain . Any help any one where’s the CD fuse ? Any links to take the CD changer or help !

Old 06-19-2019, 05:28 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by Sl33zyvq
Hey man I have an 04 g35x sedan . I’m having serious battery issues. I thought it was old original battery and shitty terminals . That’s not the case . I do have a CD player that from what I know can’t read cds I also have a old parrot 3200 I believe that I’m trying to get rid of cause I believe it’s a parasitic drain . Any help any one where’s the CD fuse ? Any links to take the CD changer or help !
Holy 9-year necropost batman!

I actually don't remember off the top of my head where the fuse is for the CD player, but like I said, it's the CD, radio, tape, AC controls, everything...
Basically, there's 3 fuse panels where it could be... Under the dash (driver's side footwell, by the ebrake pedal)
By the battery (the one you can see)
By the battery (the one that's hidden and you have to take off the entire battery cover, not just the door)
​​​​​​