G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Newb to 06 G35 sedan & board, Have a ?..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010 | 02:11 AM
|
Newb to 06 G35 sedan & board, Have a ?..

I have a 2006 G35 Sedan, 5AT i've only had it a week or so, I have a few questions....

1.) does the glovebox light supposed to stay on even when the glovebox is closed? Mine does..

2.) Tonite i had to kinda slam my trunk to make it close completely, that was a first....any of u had this prob?

3.) I bought the car used from CarMax, the two front tires are new but diff name brand from rear tires, road noise seems a lil loud. Or is that common? Front tires are Capitol, rear tires are Bridgestone Turanza.

4.) Lastly after freeway speeds 70mph+ when i do normal speeds say 40-50mph seems like the car has a rough idle & is geared high or seems like the accelerator is sticking....

I do have warranty im taking it tomorrow, but i rather take it to the dealer than CarMax which i prob will, but i have the 30 warranty deal with Carmax with no deductible. Anywho so far I love my G!

Old 06-02-2010 | 09:12 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
1) Normal... you can adjust it so you won't see as much light
2) Not Normal
3) Get better tires... though the G does let through more road noise than you might expect
4) Hmmmmmmm... IDK, maybe someone else can help here.

Old 06-02-2010 | 11:24 AM
On the trunk, mine doesn't just close. I have to either pull the inside handle with a bit of force or "slam" it a bit. Mine feels normal though, not like there is any issues. It is not nearly as easy as my other car.

If your car is still under factory warranty, go to the dealer. Maybe a power train covered item since it is idle/gears.

Old 06-02-2010 | 02:29 PM
|
Thanks for all that replied. Its at the dealer now...will update...

Ooh 1 more ? My G is a 2006 46K miles, according to the Infiniti Sales sheet, All Infiniti's have a 4 year 50k warranty and a 7yr 70k some other warranty. My question does anyone kow if this warranty transfers over to the new owner? BTW my car is a one owner. ok found this on Infiniti website a copy & paste:

Every new Infiniti comes with the peace of mind of Standard Infiniti Limited Warranties:

* 4-year/60,000-mile Basic coverage
* 5-year/50,000-mile Emission Control coverage
* 6-year/70,000-mile Powertrain coverage
* 7-year/unlimited-mileage Corrosion coverage
* 10-year/unlimited-mileage Seat Belt Warranty
* 4-year/60,000-mile Genuine Infiniti Accessories Basic coverage (when purchased at time of vehicle sale)
* Up to 7-year/100,000-mile Infiniti Extended Protection Plan (optional)
* 2-year/24,000-mile Federal Emission Performance Warranty
* 4-year/60,000-mile Federal Emission Defect Warranty
* 8-year/80,000-mile Federal Emission Long Term Defect Warranty
* 4-year/60,000-mile California Emission Performance and Defect Warranties
* 7-year/70,000-mile California Emission Long Term Defect Warranty

Old 06-02-2010 | 02:59 PM
Mr.202?
Premier Member
Originally Posted by djthart
I have a 2006 G35 Sedan, 5AT i've only had it a week or so, I have a few questions....

1.) does the glovebox light supposed to stay on even when the glovebox is closed? Mine does..
Originally Posted by djthart
Yep Normal.

2.) Tonite i had to kinda slam my trunk to make it close completely, that was a first....any of u had this prob? This can be related to the ( what do you call them hmm) The things you pull to open the trunk if you are locked in the trunk. There are two of them, The one that glows in the dark and then that smaller black one. I have had problems in the past with the trunk not closing at all, after I pulled that, You just need to pull them both and seat them back until they go back into normal position. Sometimes they don't fully go back to normal once you clip them back in. I am betting its this.

3.) I bought the car used from CarMax, the two front tires are new but diff name brand from rear tires, road noise seems a lil loud. Or is that common? Front tires are Capitol, rear tires are Bridgestone Turanza.
They put hella cheap tires on your car. They are probably making all the noise, what model are they?

4.) Lastly after freeway speeds 70mph+ when i do normal speeds say 40-50mph seems like the car has a rough idle & is geared high or seems like the accelerator is sticking....
Explain? There is a idle relearn procedure. You can try that out, do them all.

How to reset your ECU and perform the Throttle Pedal Release and Idle Air Volume Learning procedures on an Infiniti G35

Before attempting any of the following procedures, it is advisable that you read through the instructions thoroughly and familiarize yourself with them.
A stop watch or an analog clock with a second’s needle will be useful.
**a quick reset can be accomplished by disconnecting the negative battery terminal, and depressing the brake a few times.

ECU Resetting Procedures
Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON.
Operations Procedures
1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.
Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning
Operation Procedure

1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
Operation Procedures

1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch to “ON”.
3. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.
Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock. 1. Perform “Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning”.
2. Perform “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning”.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Confirm that the accelerator pedal is fully released, then turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11. Wait 20 seconds.
12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

I do have warranty im taking it tomorrow, but i rather take it to the dealer than CarMax which i prob will, but i have the 30 warranty deal with Carmax with no deductible. Anywho so far I love my G!
Answers in line and yes the warranty is good for you as well.

Old 06-03-2010 | 12:31 AM
|
wow thanks! @ thescreensavers good info! Carmax still has my G, I will have it tomorrow. I spoke with the Infiniti dealership today and my G is still under warranty, according to their records it hasn't been seen since the end of 09. So I will mos def be dropping it off to them Friday.

As far as the idle issue I spoke of, I asked the tech at the dealership, he said its prob the "downshift rev matching" either im not used to it or it may have an issue. Which they will look into Friday.

And I must say I also own a 2000 Chevy Tahoe Limited, I am a member of a tahoe forum also and they take days to respond.... this forum is wayyyyy better! Will update with the info! Thanks again..........

Old 06-03-2010 | 12:40 AM
|
ooh also thescreesavers those crap tires they put on there, the service adviser calld me earlier today and stated that the rear tires are under 50% percent worn so they will have to replace those tires. Of course I reminded him that i DO NOT WANT those cheap dollar store capitol tires and will refuse to pick up the car if they put a full set of them on there!

And that's another question I asked the tech @ Infiniti he did say there will be some road noise but if the tires are mismatched the noise increases. "which i already knew" So hopefully they will do the right thing and put those bridgestones back on there! **fingers crossed** Im puttin sum 20"s on there in two weeks anyway but still want those good tires for later....later!

Old 06-03-2010 | 02:07 AM
Mr.202?
Premier Member
^ sweet

Good luck on the tires. Care to explain more about the accelerator sticking?

Old 06-03-2010 | 03:07 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Do a drop before you do 20's, otherwise it will look funny.