G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Windows roll down when exiting!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows roll down when exiting!

When exiting my 03 sedan both the driver and passenger windows automatically roll all the way down. It doesn't happen until I exit the car. I took it to the dealer and they tried to reset the regulator and it did not help. They were unsure and wanted more time (and $$$) to dive into, so I left with the driver side unplugged. I found a bunch of stuff regarding the coupes issues, but didn't have much luck regarding this issue on the sedans. Is this a known problem?

Old 06-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Is this something that happens 100% of the time when you turn off your car and walk away? I was thinking if it only happens sometimes it might just be that something in your pocket is holding down the unlock button on your remote, or maybe the remote is just malfunctioning and sending out the unlock signal.

I would take your remote off your key chain to keep it out of range of the car and try exiting it without the remote. If the windows still roll down then you know its a problem with the car, if not then its a problem with your remote.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
yes, 100% of the time when exiting...i am going to go test things and see what happens if I wait a couple minutes after turning off the key and also when i remove the key FOB from the equation.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
From what I know, the key FOB is the only way to roll down your windows after you have turned off your car and opened your door. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that is where your problem lies. Have you ever tried pressing another button while the windows are on their way down? Just try pressing the lock button or something to interrupt the signal that the FOB is sending out.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Just remove the battery in your FOB and you're 100% certain that it's not still in range or anything.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 PM
The dealer unplugged both window regulators, so I have no way of testing without pulling the panels and plugging them back in...Is the aux power cut immediately when the key is turned off or is there a delay? I know with the coupes there is always power to the regulator since they don't have window frames...the window lowers a 1/4" when the door is opened.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 AM
The power is cut as soon as you take your key out and then open the door. Only the key FOB can roll them down at that point.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by GThirty-Kevin
The power is cut as soon as you take your key out and then open the door. Only the key FOB can roll them down at that point.
That's the issue...once the door is opened, the windows immediately go down. If i wait and let it time out before opening the door, the windows do not go down. The dealer is saying that it could be something within a modular and could cost $600+ if it is found to be defective. Both regulators tested okay, plus I knew it wasn't the regulator since it's happending with both windows.

Once I find time, I am going to plug them back in and test the key fob along with a couple other things.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Hmm, have you left the key fob in the house and see what happens?

Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You can also lower the windows with the key in the door. Check the lock cylinder in the door handle.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
old thread revival. Our underground was broken into a couple of days ago. My drivers door was jimmied open. Fecking Crack Heads!! Only parking coins stolen. Now, when I exit my G, all the windows roll down. Never did that before. Car goes into body shop on Monday morn. But I can't go anywhere if I have to leave my G behind. Took the rapid transit this afternoon to get downtown. I think when they broke the door lock they screwed up the device that lowers the window. $300 deductible from my pocket. Crack Heads should be shot!!

Old 11-14-2017, 07:49 AM
Same Issue

I have a 2003 G35 Coupe. I've been having so many issues with the car for the last 2 years. It started with the doors not locking automatically unless I manually do it. This is the least of my worries.

My passenger window (for 2 years) and driver side window (recently), fall down slowly if I open and close the door. The windows do not go up when I try using the window switch. I have to manually pull them up while having someone constantly flip the window switches up ( I do 1 window at a time). The thing is, the windows don't always fall down, they work on their own schedule (usually at the worst of times) and come down and refuse to go back up unless I manually do it. If the window drops all the way down, it's so difficult to get it back up.

I've done constant oil changes, but last year my knock senor or something went, and I got it replaced. My car was shutting off after 25 minutes of use and refused to turn on unless it cooled down. This issue was resolved, but the check engine light never went away. The mechanic says if the light is really bothering me, he'll have to change the 2 other sensors that are also gone, crank sensor or something along those lines. This issue exists, but doesn't bother me as much as the damn windows.

Lastly, I'm also having the wind shield wiper issues where the wind shield washer fluid does not come out of one of the nozzles. Does anyone have a YouTube link on how to DiY?

​​​​​​Thank you,
​​​​

Old 08-31-2019, 09:54 AM
g35x
Problem solved (easy fix)

Had the same problem. When i turned the engine off and opened the door,all four windows rolled down. Thought it was a FOB problem. Took the fob batteries out to deactivate them. Did not solve anything. Problem was the door key socket switch. G's have the option (useless) to open all windows if you hold the key in the unlocked position for a few secs. I just unplugged the switch. To access it i had to remove the door panel. When that was done i noticed the the open window blocked access to the switch. Had to replug the widow control, turn ignition key on, closed windows and unplugged the battery before turning ignition off. Now all four windows work fine and stay closed when left unattended. Hope this helps anyone with simular problem. Just don't forget to close windows and unplug battery to keep them closed before removing door panel.