G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

car viabates when steering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation car viabates when steering

2 problems lately

1) car viabrates when i steer to the right but when i steer to the left its smooth.

2) when im on bumbpy road i hear noise from the right susupension it sounds like mettal ratteling.

3)my speedometer is 10miles off

it turned out the my right coilover was damaged and i had to replace it so i used that as an exuce to upgrade and changed the coilovers/shocks/springs F&R

and still the problem didnt go away...2nd problem became lighter but 1st is just getting worse

Old 06-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
1.) See if your tires are feathered. I get a little vibration from my tires because my toe is out of spec and the tread is feathered.

2.) Check all bushings and ball joints to see if there is any play. They may be worn to the point where they are out of spec and allow movement and free play. That could be causing your metal on metal sound.

3.) Speedometer is based off of the rear wheels, not the front. The fact that it's off is a coincidence and isn't related to the front wheels or suspension. How do you know the speedo is off? Is it under or over? What size tires are you running?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:43 AM
i checked the tires there fine. but i think this is connected with problem #2 so ill have the bushings changed to be on the safe side

regarding the speedometer, well i got 6 fines for speeding and i always drive under the limit by a few mph. so i had a look at my speedometer while i drove off from a full stop. the needle would delay a bit before it actually started to move. so i had my bro drive next to me with his cruise control set on 40 i was doing exactly 36 (i ment to say it was off my 10kms since we use the metric system). so its reading 6mph to slow .

i really appreciate you taking the time to answer, Thanks

Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 AM
S.o.s

Old 06-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check the brake caliper assembly. try to see if it's the brake pads retainer. if the brake pads move around when you touch it, that's your problem.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:53 PM
i Checked the brakes there fine

i went to the stealership and they refused to work on my car since its imported from the States and not local spec's

the thing is once i turn my stearing wheel 1 degree to the right the whole car viabrates but when i turn left its smooth

Old 06-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G_uAe
i Checked the brakes there fine

i went to the stealership and they refused to work on my car since its imported from the States and not local spec's

the thing is once i turn my stearing wheel 1 degree to the right the whole car viabrates but when i turn left its smooth
Usually with something like that, it's the OPPOSITE side that has the issue (IE you're putting the weight of the car on the left when you turn right ). Check ball joints and links on that left side especially. Does it make any noise just going straight? I don't think a left side wheel bearing would make the car vibrate though.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:29 AM
the car drives fine stratight. no issues but if i just tilt the stearing wheel 1 degree to th right it just viabrates and makes a loud humming side.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Wheel bearing!!!

Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is intresting how often this comes up. Unfortunalty, from experience, I know exactly what is wrong with your ride. Also how you can find out for yourself. The end links for your steering assembly have gone bad. Here is how to check it.

1. Lock your steering wheel then jack up the front end of your car until the tires are off the ground(use the frame)
2. Go to your front right wheel and face it.
3. grab the far right and left sides of the wheel/tire and try to physically "turn" it.

NOTE: you are turning the wheel like the car was gonna make a left or right turn,
you should not be able to make it move at all. Remember your car is
on jack stands so dont go wild here and make it fall off.

4. If it is infact the end links then you will hear and feel a metalic clunking sound.
5. Make sure you test both sides.

NOTE: The steelership charged me $300 to replace mine. The end link is connected to
steering assembly by a small ball joint.

MOD NOTE: TTRANK replaced his with some aftermarket end links and it enabled his car
improve the turning radius of his Sedan. It will cost you more though.

Last edited by TIRE_SMOKE96; 10-03-2010 at 01:33 AM.