G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Anyway i can fix this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:55 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Anyway i can fix this?

I feel like my car rides too rough. When im on the freeway, i feel every little bump and whenever i hit a crack or something in the road, the car like slams into it and shutters everything around. Knocking my GPS down in the cubby and all that.

Idk if different tires would help? Mine are like, getting down there and are wicked loud.

Not sure what to do, i just want a smoother, more bump absorbing ride. Been contemplating buying my friends OEM sedan 18s and maybe throwing my stock suspension back on, but im not sure. Need a little more love for this car lately it seems..

Old 06-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Tires first man, that's the way to go and they make a huge diffrance.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What's your tire and suspension setup? Can't go forward till I know where you're at.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
New tires and smaller rims will make a big difference, but don't expect it to ride super smooth especially in the Midwest. Frost heaves, potholes, and general winter damage leaves us with less that stellar roads. If you want smooth roads, you need to move somewhere warm and without a real winter. I don't know how miles you've got on the shocks, but that could be a problem too. As the shocks wear out, they lack the ability to properly dampen the springs therefore causing a harsher ride. Unfortunately, the 1st gen Gs are known for riding fairly harshly with the OEM Sports suspension and Z/G coupe springs/shocks. I really like it because I feel connected to the road. I'll trade excellent feel and response for a bit harshness.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:15 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
For you... I would recommend a Clomipramine Rx

That, or you can trade cars with me for a couple of months and You'll feel alot better... though you may never see lil G again

Old 06-19-2010, 02:42 AM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by itgogitrev
What's your tire and suspension setup? Can't go forward till I know where you're at.
Running Z/G coupe setup with coupe 19s on Falken FK452s that i put on almost 20k miles ago...
Originally Posted by DaveB
New tires and smaller rims will make a big difference, but don't expect it to ride super smooth especially in the Midwest. Frost heaves, potholes, and general winter damage leaves us with less that stellar roads. If you want smooth roads, you need to move somewhere warm and without a real winter. I don't know how miles you've got on the shocks, but that could be a problem too. As the shocks wear out, they lack the ability to properly dampen the springs therefore causing a harsher ride. Unfortunately, the 1st gen Gs are known for riding fairly harshly with the OEM Sports suspension and Z/G coupe springs/shocks. I really like it because I feel connected to the road. I'll trade excellent feel and response for a bit harshness.
Shocks should have 50-60k on them, and they feel fine. Just feels like it may be my big wheels and less than perfect tires.

And bleh my car wallows through corners regardless, so the only feel i get is vibrations through the steering wheel from my big 19" wheels rumbling down the road
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
For you... I would recommend a Clomipramine Rx

That, or you can trade cars with me for a couple of months and You'll feel alot better... though you may never see lil G again
Yea, ill pass

Old 06-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
i had 19s and now back on 18s but this time im on sedan sport rims.. i like how different they look... webbbby! rides better 19s felt big and bulky for me. but idk.. it can be that or shocks or wheels or tires lol

Old 06-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
man we forgot to swap rides for a short drive lol. I like how my G rides

Just get a used Bentley Like james may did

Last edited by thescreensavers; 06-19-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Janik you sound like an old man lol

Old 06-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
if you would like to see the sedan sport rims let me know. i currently have no spacers though >.>

Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
You'd hate the ride of my car then Janik...it would give you sad pouty face =(

lol

Old 06-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd swap the 19s and try to find the 18" wheels that look like the Rays, but aren't forged. I had 19s on my car for a week and immediately noticed the NVH difference. Going with 18s would allow you to get a decent UHP all season, which usually have softer sidewalls than most of the summer season tires.

With a G/Z combo, the spring rates really aren't that much stiffer than the stock sport suspension, so I'm gonna chalk the problem to the tires/wheels.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:37 PM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by socialconflicts
i had 19s and now back on 18s but this time im on sedan sport rims.. i like how different they look... webbbby! rides better 19s felt big and bulky for me. but idk.. it can be that or shocks or wheels or tires lol
Thats kinda how mine feels. Big and bulky.
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
man we forgot to swap rides for a short drive lol. I like how my G rides

Just get a used Bentley Like james may did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6x07RCuidk
I'd love to lol
Originally Posted by Beebo
Janik you sound like an old man lol
Dude, its gotten worse. I am craving some practicality and comfort lol
Originally Posted by socialconflicts
if you would like to see the sedan sport rims let me know. i currently have no spacers though >.>
Yea, can i see pics? The ones im looking at are chrome and thats one of the things im concerned about..
Originally Posted by G35papa
You'd hate the ride of my car then Janik...it would give you sad pouty face =(

lol
haha ride like crap?
Originally Posted by itgogitrev
I'd swap the 19s and try to find the 18" wheels that look like the Rays, but aren't forged. I had 19s on my car for a week and immediately noticed the NVH difference. Going with 18s would allow you to get a decent UHP all season, which usually have softer sidewalls than most of the summer season tires.

With a G/Z combo, the spring rates really aren't that much stiffer than the stock sport suspension, so I'm gonna chalk the problem to the tires/wheels.
Yea, i'd probably toss some performance all seasons on the 18s. Hopefully quiet em down a bit..

Old 06-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
J,

Here's my car at stock height with the sport 18's. This should give you a point of reference as to how they would look on your car.

Here are the same wheels on H Techs.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:19 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
I rode around on my new 19s today, and they really don't ride much worse (if any worse) than the 17s... of course the 17's had kinda meh tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyway i can fix this?