G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ilv2xlr8
^^^2-4 minutes during what temperature? Are you going to do that tomorrow when it's supposed to be -15 in the morning as well?
yes. I've done it last year and have no problems doing it this year. I guess a difference maker would be i'm in a garage. Its not heated or anything but its normally like 15 degrees warmer. If i street park, the time it takes for me to clean off the snow is more then plenty.

wannabe... sounds 100% like you got a couple of air bubbles and/or failed T-stat. You give a lot of details but a good part of it doesn't help. Pretty much idle= cool/warm air and off-idle= nice hot air.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:56 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Where would the air bubbles be?

And yes, that is exactly what happens.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:21 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
It does sound like air bubbles, but if the coolant has never gotten low, I don't understand how you would have ended up with them

On a side note... you are setting your hvac on recirculate, right? Obviously if you're pulling in fresh air at negative temperatures, there's no chance it will heat up to 90 degrees with the fan pulling it through the heater core full blast.
I assume you know this, just have to cover all the bases.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
really no reason to warm up modern cars unless its insanely cold, just dont go around redlining it before the needle moves and even if you did I bet nothing would happen

Old 12-12-2010, 05:35 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^That's a bit of an argument starter, and really doesn't have anything much to do with Janik's problem

Old 12-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
not really, you can agree with it or disagree but either side would have one hell of a time definitively proving the other wrong.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^So, you want to argue with me now about your statement being an argument starter?

Old 12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
It does sound like air bubbles, but if the coolant has never gotten low, I don't understand how you would have ended up with them

that overflow/expansion tank is exactly that but at some points it could be low and while he was driving it could been empty and then sucking up air. Just because there is fluid in there now doesn't mean it was always filled while he was driving.

He could of messed something with it or replaced something. A lot of times people replace radiator caps and cause a bubble or 2. doing those samco hoses or w/e is a big possible air bubble thing. There are many reasons why an airpocket in the coolant can form that some people just dont realize. our cars are too new to say part failure aside from a stuck T-stat.

That is something he shouldn't be fixing in this weather in the parking lot tho. Just live with it for now. To me it does sound like air pockets/ t-stat failure but then again it doesn't... I would start off with that possibly consider replacing the T-stat, cheap part, should be easy DIY plus gal of coolant. Again... not worth it to do it at your school lot. Go home on your winter break and handle that.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:10 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I'm going to stop by the Nissan dealer tomorrow and asking them about it, but I'll be home Tuesday so I can always fix it in my heated garage.

How do you fix air bubbles?

Old 12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
^ There is a hose in the back with a Philips type screw on it. Near the ATF DipStick. But to the left of it, if you are looking at your engine straight on.

Thats the bleeder. But I have no idea how to do it.

I think you need to have the car on and once coolant starts spilling out you need to close it fast.

dont quote me, I really have no idea lol

Old 12-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
^ There is a hose in the back with a Philips type screw on it. Near the ATF DipStick. But to the left of it, if you are looking at your engine straight on.

I think you need to have the car on and once coolant starts spilling out you need to close it fast.

close.. turn the engine on and crack it until you see a steady stream and then tighten it.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Small question: if I want to replace the trim in my car from the wood finish to the aluminum, do I need to get just the small trim piece on the shifter, or do I need to switch out the whole shift ****?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I'm going to stop by the Nissan dealer tomorrow and asking them about it, but I'll be home Tuesday so I can always fix it in my heated garage.

How do you fix air bubbles?
Originally Posted by thescreensavers

I know of that hose but i didn't bother to read how it exactly works.

How i get rid of air bubbles is simple, with a cold engine. I pop off the radiator cap, start the car and leave the heat on full blast hot. Let the car get up to tempature. Your coolant will spill out off the radiator where the cap is, thats fine.. if you have air pockets you can see them come up to the top. I normally run the engine for 15 minutes and just watch it overfill, once you stop seeing bubbles you should be good to go.

Always make sure of your overfill tank is filled up while doing this or it can created more bubbles.

I understand that purge valve in the back can be used to remove bubbles/pockets too. I dont know how.

If you take it to the nissan dealership, they will recommend you do a coolant flush for $129-$159, and this is to "ensure we get rid of all possibly air pockets" bet you they will say this..

Old 12-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by The X Factor
Small question: if I want to replace the trim in my car from the wood finish to the aluminum, do I need to get just the small trim piece on the shifter, or do I need to switch out the whole shift ****?
That little strip comes out, Ive painted a few black before.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by The X Factor
The "Small trim piece" will come off... but it's probably just as easy to replace the entire thing.
In fact, it would probably be harder to track down just that little strip by itself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread