G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-28-2011 | 01:50 PM
Mr.202?
Premier Member
Originally Posted by BlkSedan4me
my stock alarm doesnt flash lights when i unlock and then it doesnt beep when i lock but the lights do flash when i lock. Any thoughts?
Well the horn, just hold I think, lock and unlock at the same time till lights flash, but lights not flash when unlock idk

Old 06-28-2011 | 01:51 PM
time for an aftermarket alarm i guess lol

Old 06-28-2011 | 02:36 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
It's in "silent mode" just hold down lock and trunk (or maybe it's lock and unlock?) On the remote for like 5 seconds to toggle it back to normal mode.

Old 06-28-2011 | 03:45 PM
Was playing a CD, changed discs, then it stopped working. Just says Press Eject. Radio works just fine. From what I'm gathering the OEM head unit it toast, at least the CD portion. Or does anyone know of a fix other than going aftermarket, which will cost me an easy 1k.

Old 06-28-2011 | 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by TheGThirty5
My friend has the oe-rs its quiet though, want something
Louder
Take the resonator off the midpipe. Done. My Sebring got much louder with it off and no rasp. Only when cold upon startup, but give it a few minutes and it's good to go. Nice and deep (what she said ).

And I didn't forget bout your PM Blain, gonna check tonight and get back to you.

Old 06-28-2011 | 03:53 PM
Hold down lock and unlock

Old 06-28-2011 | 03:54 PM
Mr.202?
Premier Member
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
Was playing a CD, changed discs, then it stopped working. Just says Press Eject. Radio works just fine. From what I'm gathering the OEM head unit it toast, at least the CD portion. Or does anyone know of a fix other than going aftermarket, which will cost me an easy 1k.
try punching it. I am not kidding.

Old 06-28-2011 | 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
try punching it. I am not kidding.
Smacked it pretty good on both sides and the face of the HU a few times. Didn't spend too much time doing it though. I'll give it another shot.

Old 06-28-2011 | 06:56 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Levon, if you're handy with taking stuff apart, you might try dismantling the CD changer. One of the disks may have got jammed.

If for whatever reason you can't get it unjammed, and it runs the battery down, you can actually remove the cd-changer from the headunit and re-install without it (and just use FM or an MP3 player through a tape adaptor)

Old 06-28-2011 | 07:07 PM
Thanks Levon!

Ashley, what shrouds did you do on your headlights? I think I'm going to do the apollos in gloss black (while the rest of the headlight is matte) Unless you have a another suggestion that may look spiffy!

Old 06-28-2011 | 07:14 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
^I'll look them up and get you a direct link.
As for the finish. I think gloss black would be OK, but personally, I really like the chrome.
I mean, I understand de-chroming the car completely, but to me, headlight shrouds just 'need' to be chrome

Old 06-29-2011 | 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
Does the disk eject? I had a cd error code on My G35 sedan but I could still eject. What ended up happening is I used a cd cleaner a disk that has small fibers on it and ran it in the changer for 5 minutes or so and it started to work ever since. I guess I got lucky.

Old 06-29-2011 | 11:14 AM
Hi, my friend is getting the sedan g35, and he wants to get a new intake system. I did this with my car (not g35) and it required a tune to come with it...I was just wondering if we go with this K&N intake system (link is below), will it also require a tune for the greater air flow? I guess my main concern is the maf system not recognizing the new airflow.

Also, if there is a better product out there than this K&N that maybe even has the same performance gain...or for a cheaper price, would you care to share.

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...odel=G35%204DR

Thanks.

Old 06-29-2011 | 11:24 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Originally Posted by shoombie
Hi, my friend is getting the sedan g35, and he wants to get a new intake system. I did this with my car (not g35) and it required a tune to come with it...I was just wondering if we go with this K&N intake system (link is below), will it also require a tune for the greater air flow? I guess my main concern is the maf system not recognizing the new airflow.

Also, if there is a better product out there than this K&N that maybe even has the same performance gain...or for a cheaper price, would you care to share.

Thanks.
Better put your reading glasses on!

Seriously though, this is a fantastic thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...s-results.html

Old 06-29-2011 | 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Levon, if you're handy with taking stuff apart, you might try dismantling the CD changer. One of the disks may have got jammed.

If for whatever reason you can't get it unjammed, and it runs the battery down, you can actually remove the cd-changer from the headunit and re-install without it (and just use FM or an MP3 player through a tape adaptor)
I was able to get two discs out, smacking it real hard while pressing eject. My fists went a little numb though. Still got 4 more discs in there. I probably will try to take everything apart but it's gonna be a huge PITA.

I can't use a tape adapter though, mine didn't come with a tape player.

Originally Posted by shoombie

Thanks.
You won't need a tune. For barely any HP gains it's not worth it. I'd recommend a tune if he had several bolt-ons to make it worth while. I think the best gains would be the Z tube with the K&N filter, but regardless it won't be a huge difference from one intake to the next. It's just an intake. It's more for sound IMO.....or for looks if he wants to go with the polished route.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread