G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
possibly.
would have to see the bottom end of it to get a good idea though.
also it might be too wide at the bottom.
what size is it exactly?

Edit:
Or if that one doesn't work out you could always order from this website I bought from before when I had this issue
http://autolumination.com/74.htm
Just make sure to order neo wedge type B 10mm diameter.

I would try the SMT 2
probably brighter than the regular LED they offered as their brightest a year ago

Last edited by WhipWhitaker; 07-19-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steezy777
just used seafoam for the first time yesterday(via BB), i drove out all of the white smoke but didnt drive it till today. my throttle response was AMAZING! like i hit the gas and it GOES!!! i love it, granted it had 185xxx miles worth of carbon build up and whatnot but it makes me love my car that much more now
What method did you use to put the seafoam in? Can you please walk me through real quick so i get an idea how to do it. I feel my car might need this because on a full tank of gas i get about 250-275 miles. Ive change the spark plugs, changed air filter, oil changed every 3k miles and idk what the problem it. Car runs great just horrible mileage.

Also would you suggest using seafoam with only 75,000 miles?

Old 07-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
how hard is it to adjust front arms once they are installed on car?

Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts
Is there any manual way to recline the driver seat forward on an 03 sedan, it moves front and back up or down and even reclines back, but not forward, i think i got a bad switch is their anything i can do to fix it...thanks...

Old 07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
think you have a jammed motor. something is blocking the forward lean gear. Do you hear it try to move?

Most of the time its just gunked up. If your motor was gone you would not have either movement, if you have backwards then the track/gear is being blocked. pull the seat out and look around. Its more like cleaning then anything

Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
how hard is it to adjust front arms once they are installed on car?
pretty easy but the car needs to be in the air with the wheels off to reach the nut on the top of the arms

Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts
I dont hear it trying to move, could it be the wire is loose...

Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mcaron
What method did you use to put the seafoam in? Can you please walk me through real quick so i get an idea how to do it. I feel my car might need this because on a full tank of gas i get about 250-275 miles. Ive change the spark plugs, changed air filter, oil changed every 3k miles and idk what the problem it. Car runs great just horrible mileage.

Also would you suggest using seafoam with only 75,000 miles?
PM'd on seafoam instructions...

Edit: yes i would, recommend it. i have heard every 60k u should. i did mine for the first time @185xxx miles

yes, that is horrbible mileage lol, one thing i did to increase my miles per tank is i reset my ECU, i disconnected my battery overnight(just unplug the negative lead from it). in the morning I reconnected it. now heres the crucial part! you must drive like a grandpa for the next 500ish miles(someone correct me if i'm wrong with this value), by drive like a grandpa i dont mean drive 10 under the speed limit, its about how u accelerate! when the light turns green, dont go like you normally would, SLOWLY press the pedal and dont even press it down as much as you would like to. press it so it CRAWLS up to 2k rpms until its next shift, it is painful/embarrasing and you will **** off people behind you, but it works. now why the he1l do you need to do this? so your ECU can "learn" how you drive, and adjust to your style. now if your going the other route(performance vs mpg) obviously do the opposite, not sayin floor it but more aggressive starts. and remember, this doesn't just apply to "off the line" acceleration, also when your on the fwy and wanna speed up, accelerate to your desired speed slowly. the whole acceleration thing applies to other vehicles too(not the "smart" ECU part), as much as i tell her, my wife is still sooo confused as to how i get better MPG, in my car and in hers, than she does in her 2005 Civic DX(bone stock, power nothing). if you saw her drive you would think shes trying to race you at every light lol but it works for me and i get at least 50-65 more miles per tank. so im up from about 320ish to 370-380ish. but now that its seafoamed i hope to see that number rise even more, and then the spark plugs are next

hope that helps! you, or someone else.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Wilg35j
Is there any manual way to recline the driver seat forward on an 03 sedan, it moves front and back up or down and even reclines back, but not forward, i think i got a bad switch is their anything i can do to fix it...thanks...
when u say recline u mean the backrest or the whole seat? on my 03 coupe, my driver seat reclines as a whole and then i have to pull a lever to adjust the backrest(or to make it slide forward for a passenger to get it the back). well if it is powered it sounds like it could be the switch, not that the switch is bad but it could have dust or whatnot in it. i had the same problem when i was installing my rear heated seats, some superglue seeped through the hole the rocker switch's axis rocks on and hardened inside and cut off a connection(B&3) so my heaters would only go low and now high.

sorry for the crude mspaint pictures but it works :P and in your case just substitute Low for back and high for forward or w/e. you could have anything in there, dust, soda, food... u never know, just clean off the connectors with a paper towel(or even your finger nail). since i had super glue on mine i took a mini screwdriver for glasses and scratched the top off as if i was trying to remove paint for a good grounding point.

be careful when dismantling your switches tho! mine seemed kinda cheap and idk if i would do it agian lol

Old 07-20-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
I've recently read that you really don't need to move the evap canister on the bottom of the sedan to open up enough room for a dual exhaust. Apparently you can turn it sideways and extend a hose or two....anyone familiar with this? Crazy their hasn't been a DIY in relation to this mod in the sedan section.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:31 PM
i have been seein 03 g35 sedans with a 350z midpipe does anyone know if it jus bolts up directly or if there is custom work involved in doing this and wat year pipe i would need...........i got an 03 G35 sedan RWD

Old 07-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by JaE35
I've recently read that you really don't need to move the evap canister on the bottom of the sedan to open up enough room for a dual exhaust. Apparently you can turn it sideways and extend a hose or two....anyone familiar with this? Crazy their hasn't been a DIY in relation to this mod in the sedan section.
This will only warrant enough room for a pipe, you won't be able to fit a muffler in there.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by Cmunizza1
i have been seein 03 g35 sedans with a 350z midpipe does anyone know if it jus bolts up directly or if there is custom work involved in doing this and wat year pipe i would need...........i got an 03 G35 sedan RWD
The G35 coupe mid-pipe is a bolt-up. The Z middy will need to be extended about 6"

You can either have an exhaust shop do it, or you can buy a small pre-fabbed extension pipe.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
X
anybody have any tips to get a sheared off bolt out????

Old 07-20-2011, 09:46 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^ooooo, that's a tough one. Where's it at?

Sometimes you can use an extraction bit, depending on the bolt/where it is/how it broke.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread