G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Is there at least an access door, or do you have to drop the entire tank?

Old 09-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
good grief. If ur gonna kurekt sumwuns spellin' at leest spell "ideeit" rite.
I fiel dum now...

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^Is there at least an access door, or do you have to drop the entire tank?
for the fuel pump assy? under teh seats. if you need instructions click my sig, its all in the 1st post of it...

The following 2 users liked this post by Trickstyle:
G35Papa (09-23-2011), NFSP G35 (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 11:44 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Gotcha. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:51 PM
np bro

Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^Gotcha. Thanks.
What makes you think yours needs to be replaced? (aside from theoretical "they have to fail/wear at some point")?...

Those that I know of that have dealt with it were upgrading fuel pump... I don't know of anyone that has needed to replace filter...

I'm wondering how many miles/gallons it's actually good for?... I'm sure it's listed as a maintenance item in the service interval manual - but I'll probably never see that many miles...

Or, it's just a "want to do thing" even though it's not needed... I've done plenty of that too...

Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 AM
What makes you think yours needs to be replaced? (aside from theoretical "they have to fail/wear at some point")?...

Those that I know of that have dealt with it were upgrading fuel pump... I don't know of anyone that has needed to replace filter...

I'm wondering how many miles/gallons it's actually good for?... I'm sure it's listed as a maintenance item in the service interval manual - but I'll probably never see that many miles...

Or, it's just a "want to do thing" even though it's not needed... I've done plenty of that too...
meh... well mine has 187xxx miles on it, its hard for me to believe that its still as good as it was when the car had 50k miles on it, even 100k miles on it. im coming up on 200k here and EVERYTHING on a car will wear. even your windows will get scratches and what not over time and use :[

Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Trickstyle
meh... well mine has 187xxx miles on it, its hard for me to believe that its still as good as it was when the car had 50k miles on it, even 100k miles on it. im coming up on 200k here and EVERYTHING on a car will wear. even your windows will get scratches and what not over time and use :[
so it falls in this category: "Or, it's just a "want to do thing" even though it's not needed... I've done plenty of that too..."

I'm not implying you shouldn't do it (as I stated, I've replaced as much crap unnecessarily as anyone)... but if there aren't symptoms - is it about preventive maintenance?... my reason for curiosity is the first gen Gs are getting old enough to start seeing reports of uncommonly high mileage with minimal repair/replacement...

Old 09-23-2011, 01:13 AM
so it falls in this category: "Or, it's just a "want to do thing" even though it's not needed... I've done plenty of that too..."

I'm not implying you shouldn't do it (as I stated, I've replaced as much crap unnecessarily as anyone)... but if there aren't symptoms - is it about preventive maintenance?... my reason for curiosity is the first gen Gs are getting old enough to start seeing reports of uncommonly high mileage with minimal repair/replacement...
very true... with the exception of changing my camshaft position sensors, i have had 0 engine problems. now my suspension on the other hand is done, but luckily there seem to be plenty of people lowering their Gs and selling their OEMs rediculously cheap. which i appreciate

Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 AM
? = 2B || !2B

It's on a "want to do" thing.... I've had a couple cars in the past with less mileage than the G, and changing the fuel filter felt like a freaking turbo. Makes me wonder how much (if any) effect it would have in the G... but it'd have to be a freaking good filter to not have any effect after this long, and something tells me Nissan didn't really go out of their way to make a "lasts forever" fuel filter.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:27 AM
It's on a "want to do" thing.... I've had a couple cars in the past with less mileage than the G, and changing the fuel filter felt like a freaking turbo. Makes me wonder how much (if any) effect it would have in the G... but it'd have to be a freaking good filter to not have any effect after this long, and something tells me Nissan didn't really go out of their way to make a "lasts forever" fuel filter.
+1, more money for them, either your buying a new filter(a lot of people dont know where do go to get one, or how to do it so they just take it to the dealership) or you buy a new car lol I for one will definitely be buying another Nissan when my G goes, they have tolerable problems that im used to by now and im still in love w/ the VQ. hopefully my G lasts for at least a couple more years so i can get a used G25 and i was thinking, how bout cleaning the filter? I cleaned my non-reuseable air filter on my civic and it worked like a charm

Old 09-23-2011, 07:49 AM
? = 2B || !2B

I could never bring myself to buy the slowest G ever.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 AM
but it still looks great and im going to be in college here soon so It'll be a gas saver!

Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

By habit, I constantly wait until my gas light comes on before I fill up. I don't know if any of you guys have also heard that you shouldn't let the needle drop below a quarter on the fuel gauge as that stirs up sediment at the bottom of the tank, leading to clogged fuel lines.

Would it be easier/worth it to replace the entire fuel pump assay as opposed to opening it up to gain access to the fuel filter? I may attempt it and snap a few pics for a DIY...

Old 09-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
So this year I've been bad for getting things done on my car and I just haven't had time to sit down and do it.

My car just hit 100k miles and will be around 105 when it goes away. I'm really not feeling like working hard when the shitty months start up so I'm going to jack up my coils and let me mechanic have at her.

Gonna have him basically safety the car and replace anything he think is starting to wear (as I don't need any misfortunes next summer) Also going to have him do plugs while he's in there.

Anything else I should recommend for him to do that he might not find in the initial skim?

Basically, what does the infiniti 100k service consist of?

Old 09-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I could never bring myself to buy the slowest G ever.
orly?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread