G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Im kinda stuck in an ugly situation..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Ok, take it from someone that's already be through all this.
I have an 03 that was also draining the battery. Also jammed CDs... that was the problem.

To figure out if it's the problem, find your radio fuse, it's in the fuse box under the hood, and pull it the next time your car will be sitting for 3-4 days.
If it doesn't kill the battery, then you've found your gremlin (I'm 99% sure that's the problem anyway, but you should still check and see)

With mine, I couldn't get the changer to un-jam, and the radio and ac share a circuit board and fuse, so you can't just leave the fuse out, or you won't have any control over your ac, also, there wasn't any one plug I could remove that would keep the AC controls but shut off the radio.

So while I had it apart, I started dismantling the CD changer to see if I could get it un-stuck, and just as a test, I tried removing the unit entirely and testing it out with the CD-changer removed from the rest of the head-unit assembly.
Everything worked fine... AC / Tape / Radio.. just no CD changer. So I ended up just putting it back together without the disc changer and it's been fine ever since feb/09.
+ 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

could of had not said it better my self ... same thing happend to me and NSFP saved me a big headache ....now all is good!!!!!

Old 08-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
About your car not starting randomly- try your spark plug. It should be time to change it now.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:51 AM
i have seen this happen personally to my cousins Z. there is a power draining issue with the radio. it may be the cause. try removing the fuse for the radio. see if it still drains

my 2 cents.

didnt know there was two pages
+1 NFSP

Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
if ur battery keeps draining, and IF its not from ur radio...
Do u have any amps, subs, aftermarket alarm?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by hamdan6789
Yes I do have a bose unit, and my car is an automatic. I am definately going to call the dealership in the morning and see if I can do anything regarding having bose help, that would be great, and ill let you guys know as soon as I find out. To be honest I dont think I would ever have the opportunity to leave me car sitting for 3-4 days. And after researching the idea of adding an extended warranty...im totally not feeling that after reading some reviews. I definately want to make sure I take care of this the right way. Also, I tried one last time, for a good 20 minutes, trying to unjam the cd with a business card but its not working and the cd changer isnt even responding when I hit the eject or load button.
BTW, it took them two days to get the unit in and replace it. The dealership gave me a loaner (08 G sedan, which was very sweet) for the weekend while they had my car. Of course I live 1.5 hrs away, so maybe that's the reason. Nevertheless, they were serious about the repair, so best of luck!
rob g.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI...At 7 years old and 125K miles, the only extended warranties you can get will probably be aftermarket ones that just cover drivetrain and a limited number of major components, so I would just avoid them altogether. Good luck with your issue.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
If you can't leave your car parked for a couple days to check the radio, what you can do is get a multimeter that reads amps, make sure everything on the car is off and it's been sitting for at least 30 mins.
Remove the positive battery cable, set the multimeter to read amps, and put it between the positive lug on the battery and the positive cable, the car will read a little, but shouldn't read much. (Can't remember exact numbers, sorry)
Anyway, pull the radio fuse and check again. If the number goes down a lot, then you know it's the radio that's draining your battery.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I called the dealership earlier and couldnt get through to anyone so im going to check back with them later. In the meantime, l had one of the mechanics looking at my car leave a multimeter on my car and nothing was draining the battery, im not exactly sure how he had it set up specifically but nothing was draining the battery while my car was there, and this was before I even started this thread.. and no I do not have any aftermarket parts or subs etc., and i already checked the sparkplugs. If the dealer doesnt help with the bose unit (hopefully that will eliminate the issue all together) than im definitely going to have to park my car for a few days. One thing I did notice is that the longer I park my car, the harder it seems to be trying to start. and in regard to losing power, I have had my car for three years now and definitely noticed lack of power when it comes to performance i.e. acceleration and so on...and very rarely..my engine slip light comes on as i try to accelerate here and there.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Just called 3 different dealerships and none of them want to help me, all 3 of them gave me infiniti's corporate number to see if they can "assist" me in covering the costs. But they wouldnt help either because the car hasnt been looked at by a dealership yet. 2 of the customer service managers told me in "all the years" they have been there they have never replaced them at no cost to the consumer (that is out of warranty). So if infiniti corporate doesnt help im pretty much going to cough up 150 bucks for no reason (for them looking at it) because anyone with at least half a brain knows the unit is malfunctioning. This is very frustrating.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
DO you have anything plugged into your cig lighter/sockets? That will drain your battery.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Just called 3 different dealerships and none of them want to help me, all 3 of them gave me infiniti's corporate number to see if they can "assist" me in covering the costs. But they wouldnt help either because the car hasnt been looked at by a dealership yet. 2 of the customer service managers told me in "all the years" they have been there they have never replaced them at no cost to the consumer (that is out of warranty). So if infiniti corporate doesnt help im pretty much going to cough up 150 bucks for no reason (for them looking at it) because anyone with at least half a brain knows the unit is malfunctioning. This is very frustrating.
dont do that then go to a car audio place and have them look at it or just try disconnecting it to see if that fixes it then you know that you have an issue with the radio and can just gut the cd changer

Old 08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Infiniti of Nashville is where I went to get my Bose unit replaced. You might give them a call and see what the procedure is and if it's still a viable option. They may be able to assist you with some guidance in getting your local dealership to help out. Again, it wasn't a "Inifiti" issue, it was Bose. They picked up the tab. Here's a link a number that might help:

http://www.alexanderinfiniticoolsprings.com/

(615) 771-7171 or 866-910-2846

Hope I'm not leading you on a wild goose chase. Bose may not be even doing this type of replace/repair anymore, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a try.
If you think it would help, PM me and I'll give you my contact info that they can look up for job numbers, dates, etc.

GL,
rob g.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Man i really appreciate the help guys..you guys are all great. Im definatly going to call them tomorrow, I might as well give it a shot. One question though, im almost positive its my bose unit, would replacing it with an aftermarket radio help? I havent really got into radios and stuff before, the customer service rep i spoke to earlier mentioned that the circuit board is involved as well, so im wondering if an aftermarket system will help at all?

Old 08-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Man i really appreciate the help guys..you guys are all great. Im definatly going to call them tomorrow, I might as well give it a shot. One question though, im almost positive its my bose unit, would replacing it with an aftermarket radio help? I havent really got into radios and stuff before, the customer service rep i spoke to earlier mentioned that the circuit board is involved as well, so im wondering if an aftermarket system will help at all?
yes replacing it will work aswell if thats an option for you

Old 08-28-2010, 08:17 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
The general consensus is that going aftermarket IS the best fix for a failing blose unit.

As I mentioned before, the radio and ac controls share their primary circuit board (it's all just one big board behind there) so you'll need to get a double-din dash kit with it's own seperate ac controls.

You have two options:

The OEM dash piece from the Japanese version of our cars (search the site for JDM double din)

or

Metra makes an aftermarket kit.

The JDM one looks better, but costs more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Im kinda stuck in an ugly situation..