G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My mods suck!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by jshelquist
I had the car dyno'ed yesterday for the first time ever. Done by Bobby at S&R Performance. Result on first and only pull was 255 hp at the wheels. I took a pic with my phone of the computer screen showing the results, but it didn't come out very well. It shows second pull on results, but the first was just calibrating and checking.
Not to **** on the parade, but keep in mind that the Dynomite dyno reads about 10% higher than a typical Dynojet dyno. 255whp on the Dynomite is about 230whp on the Dynojet which jives perfectly for you tranny, mods, and 1/8 mile performance. Your numbers are solid, so the car does appear to be running in good shape.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GOAT35
....just a random interest....where did u get that grill buddy and how much did you pay if you remember?

is it gailla godzilla gorilla gialla?
I have one for sale, painted Diamond Graphite. I was sick of the look and painted my OEM grille black instead. Needs some work on reconnecting the mesh, other than that it's in great shape. I think I have a thread up here somewhere.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have tips on the best way to launch a G35X? Should I be doing a brake stand and then letting off the brakes or just launching with the gas?

Old 11-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by dfaulk3
Anyone have tips on the best way to launch a G35X? Should I be doing a brake stand and then letting off the brakes or just launching with the gas?

My technique i've used.

VDC off, manual shift mode. Drive around water box and line up. When other car stages, Mash the brake to the floor and give gas to maybe 2500-3000 RPM or so. Practive this beforehand as a good RPM before the car feels like it wants to creep forward. Don't do this too long as the trans is building heat and that is no good. That's why i want til right before the ball starts to drop.

If they are doing a sportsman tree, the yellows will light up 1 at time. On the last yellow, let off the brake, and feed in the throttle. You really don't need to worry about spin. Just leave on the yellow and floor it and start shifting.

I banged out 2.1 60-footers and a 14.7 @ 93MPH with a stock, fully loaded X with full tank of gas, 50 pounds of tools and full size spare inthe trunk

(i wasn't planning on racing that day...had to fill in for someone in a competition and almost took the trophy that day)

BTW, one thing i didn't see anyone mention yet...icing the intake.

If you take your engine cover off, you have a nice big flat aluminum plenum. One old drag racer tip was to pop the hood and stick a bag of ice on the intake and let it sit for 30 mins or so in the staging lanes. The ice would cool the big aluminum manifold and thus cool the intake charge. I used to do this on my Mustang and it was good for 0.1 or so.

One thing to keep in mind though, track ettiqutte is to not run the A/C in the staging lanes. Reason being the water drips onto the ground and gets on car's tires. They drive over this, and sand and dirt sticks to the tires. Over the course of the night, sand gets brought up to the starting lines and traction gets worse. Same goes for icing the intake. If you start dripping water everywhere, you are gonna **** off a lot of people. I typically did it when i'd take a 45 min rest or so to grab dinner. I'd stuff a couple bags of ice on the intake manifold and walk away. The engine would take hours to cool off on a 85 degree night...but the intake would be nice and cold to the touch.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: I ran with my 20's on (there's nothing like towing an anchor down the track). My nitrous bottle was low on pressure- never got past 600 psi so the car has a lot more than what is reflected in the times. The sub 9 ET made me smile though!! I gotta invest in some racing radials.

Best Run of the night was:
R/T :.366
60': 2.067
330': 5.841
1/8: 8.980
mph: 78.26

I will go back next Wed night with 16" wheels and a full bottle of NOS!!