G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

First no acceleration, now no start. ECU reset did not help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pdald1
U1000, U1001: CAN Communication Line

check your grounding wires to your ECU and and the other electrical components.

What would you guys suggest could be the best places to check?

Where should I look?

I would normally jump all over the internet and my manual to find this stuff but Im at work till 11pm. I hoping maybe I can find it quickly tonight so I have a car for school tomorrow!!

Its hard to work on the car at midnight, in the dark with -3 temperatures!!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The ecu is in the passenger kick panel I believe.. I guess find that and check the bolts/ground wire? I'm not sure really. On less complicated cars the click+no dimming lights usually means the starter is going bad, but again maybe that's not the case here

Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Probes continue

Update:

Tested most of the CAN system, no problems found yet.

I have 2 questions though:

When I put the key in and turn it as if to start the car, if I leave it in the farthest on position 2 things happen.

1. There is a hum, or buzz like sound coming from the throttle body. Any ideas what this could be?

2. On the gauge cluster where I think I would normally see a "P" for park, it is blank. Does the drive letter only show up once the car is started? If you turn your key all the way without starting your car, can you see what gear you are in? (Its automatic)

Service is closed for weekend. I am going to keep working. Otherwise on Monday it has to be towed in for service from the stealership.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Not sure what makes the "hum" is but it happens on my car. also the "P" does show up in the same key position your talking about.

When you checked the can system did you check the ground wires and connectors for being tight and securly inserted? if not check that, just make sure you disconnect the battery before hand.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:44 AM
won't start

sound like it thinks its in gear and it won't let you start play with the shifter try to bypass

Old 11-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by g35cad
sound like it thinks its in gear and it won't let you start play with the shifter try to bypass
I can move the shift all about, and gears DO change, (ie it will roll if in nutral)...but there is no indication on the dash.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:53 PM
check these fuse terminals 109, 111, 119 and 120. these four are for the ECM

do you have the service manual that is stickied in the tech area? if not download it! then go to the EC section and go to page EC-164 that will show you where the specific fuses are. and the section will help you trouble shoot the U1000, and U1001 codes

Last edited by bound4VIP; 11-05-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Edit: the thread is called "Factory service manual"
Old 11-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by pdald1
check these fuse terminals 109, 111, 119 and 120. these four are for the ECM

do you have the service manual that is stickied in the tech area? if not download it! then go to the EC section and go to page EC-164 that will show you where the specific fuses are. and the section will help you trouble shoot the U1000, and U1001 codes
Where are those fuses located? Which fuse box?

Im pretty good with mechanics, not so much with reading electrical.

I just noticed that when I try to start the car the VDC and ABS lights flash very fast, then begin to dim and go dark-but still flashing very fast, almost like a flickering.

Does this mean there is some sort of short or something with the ECM communicating with the VDC or ABS units??

Old 11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by G354u2nv
Where are those fuses located? Which fuse box?

Im pretty good with mechanics, not so much with reading electrical.

I just noticed that when I try to start the car the VDC and ABS lights flash very fast, then begin to dim and go dark-but still flashing very fast, almost like a flickering.

Does this mean there is some sort of short or something with the ECM communicating with the VDC or ABS units??
it is most likey behind the driver side kick panel. ( dont quote me, someone correct me if im wrong) That fuse box diagram is really simple to read (It is just a picture of the fuse box with the corresponding numbers with the fuses.). when you find it, take the cover off (if one is there) and match the pattern with the picture of the fuse box. There is no way to mix up the pattern, and check the specified fuses.

It could be a short, here is the part that is going to suck. check all the wires that go to the ECM and check for shorts (exposed wires touching metal, loose wires in the connectors (dont pull to hard, just a light wiggle to see if the wire moves excessivly), the connecters (to make sure they are properly in the ECM), grounds.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:32 AM
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Hey guys, so I got the car back from the dealer yesterday and I wanted to let you guys know what it was so if anyone has the same problem they can check back.

There was a break in the wiring harness that controls the trunk lid. (You know, the same one EVERYONE replaces as Infiniti messed up on it). So the wiring harness broke, caused a short, blew a fuse and that was it.

They replaced the fuse and the wiring harness and I am back on the road.

This is why there was no indicator of what gear I was in on the dash, and also why my trunk would only open intermittently .

Hope this can help anyone down the road!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Sweet glad to hear that your back on the road!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
been hearing alot about throttle bodies since the temp has started dropping..id say go witht he majority of what ppl are recommending

Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's great that you are able to locate the problem! I'm in the EXACT problem. where when i turn the key, lights go on and goes off when i turn it and comes back on. EXACT engine symptoms EXCEPT..... I don't have a button in the car to open up the truck? It's all on a remote on my key chain.

Can anyone point me to where I can find the harness to the trunk? thanks

I'm also checking for disconnects.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts
There is a trunk opener on the left side of the dash unless you have a early 03 model sedan in which case it would be on the trunk lid. The harness that they are talking about is the one on passenger side that you see once trunk lid is opened. I have never seen those wires cause CAN codes but anything is possible. I am working on a car similar to yours now and I found water inside the ipdm-er which is behind the battery. Also check the three connectors next to the battery for damage from rats chewing on the wires. This is also very common. The three connectors are all side by side close to where the negative cable bolts to the body. Hope this helps bro.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will attempt all of this after work tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help. Is it possible to have caused a break in the soldering or wiring when I plugged in my OBD2 device?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First no acceleration, now no start. ECU reset did not help!