G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

HELP - G35 electrical system malfunctions in rain -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP - G35 electrical system malfunctions in rain -

and my dealer can't figure out the problem.

After a couple wet days, my G35 will no longer recognize the key. I can open and close doors and turn the electrical system on, but I cannot start the car.

The "no key" light goes on indicating the vehicle can't see the key.

After a little while, the electrical system will start randomly turning itself off and on. It will do this until the battery dies.

If I leave the car in dry weather for a couple days, the problem goes away by itself after a couple days. But it's frustrating, to say the least.

I have taken the car to the dealer 3 times with this problem. They say they believe my reports but cannot find a problem. It's now in for the 4th time.

It would seem that water - probably condensation or a slow drip - is getting into the controller somewhere. Does anyone have any idea what the fix could be?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:26 PM
I've been reading up on this issue since it's been happening to my 07 and evidently its from water dripping off of the battery onto the IPDM, which is located right by the battery. I'm not for certain (and as a matter of fact mine was towed to the dealer yesterday and I will have the chance tomorrow morning to see if it's the problem on my car), but it wouldn't surprise me if this is the problem.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:33 PM
thanks, i'll talk to my dealer as well. maybe we are on to a solution. what you are saying does make sense.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had water leaking in during rainy days and would leave my passenger side floor wet. Finally got it traced to the lead from the engine compartment to the computer at the right of the front passenger side had the rubber grommet tweaked to some degree when some kind of work had been done with it. It was finally fixed when a new lead was run with a fresh rubber seal.

I only had the water leak until one of the times they "fixed" it. By the time I drove home, I had the same type of thing go on....including walking by the car realizing it was making noise. The radio was on. I couldn't get it to turn off. I finally called the dealer and took it right back to them....which is when they finally replaced the lead wire.

Good Luck,
Dave

Old 01-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks. We'll look at that as well.

The dealer had already checked for the battery leaking onto the IPDM. They replaced the IPDM and the seals around the IPDM but that didn't work.