G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Transmission grounding wire for AWD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by SILVERAZG35
Hey Trickstyle,
Did you ever solve this problem? I put on a 4 gauge 10 wire grounding kit from Gordee's grounding kits and I definitely have smoother shifting when driving with the stereo down. Although I still have the engine jerking pretty bad when the bass hits. I also upgraded the alternator power cable to a 4 gauge wire. Thanks for your help.
yeah, kinda, I did a halfassed big three.(tranny to ground, block to ground, and extra battery ground added. I do have quicker shifts but I still have engine jerking when my bass hits too. I have a 4AWG cable waiting to be put on my alternator but I have been to lazy to tackle that small project. but I have noticed the 4AWG cable I have running to my subs amp is cooking the **** out of its insulation at the battery end as well as the amp's ground lead, so it may simply be a matter of needing a higher gauge wire for my subs amp... but thats money I dont have right now lol, so I'll just continue to hit the attenuator when I need to take off

Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the insulation is only cooking at the ends, that suggests that a connection problem -- cable to lug or lug to terminal -- exists. Too-small wire would heat equally along its length.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan in St Louis
If the insulation is only cooking at the ends, that suggests that a connection problem -- cable to lug or lug to terminal -- exists. Too-small wire would heat equally along its length.
a connection problem in what sense? not enough metal on metal? I even replaced the lug with a new one because the connection kept getting cut off. I checked it out and as the rubber melted it messed up the wiring to the extent that it must have been corroding the signal. so the new lug works fine and it's in the same spot but idk what else I can do to stop the ends from cooking. at first i thought it was heat from the battery but its happeneing at the amp's ground wire to car frame point also...