G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Another one bites the dust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucky-G
=( so sorry to see this, Nat.

Everyone else is right, though. Your car can be rebuilt, reworked, and remade. You, on the other hand, cannot. Well, unless you wanna be the million-dollar-man..."We can rebuild him, we have the technology".

If we're gonna start callin dibs on the man's car already...I got dibs on the bent up CE's
lolol hopefully your car is fixable bro, but if its not, dibs on jdm dd if u have one

Old 03-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
how the fvck would they know? Are they some kind of auto body repair geniuses?
Because the insurance companies have claim estimators in staff that do this everyday? And it's the insurance companies that will consult with the bodyshop to determine it?

Look at the damage. To ME, it looks fixable. And when I say that, I mean fixable in terms of not being a total.

If it's a total, it might be worth it to get as much as he can as a total loss, buy it back for cheap and then have it fixed.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Yeah, it doesn't look totalled from those pics. I don't know who you have for insurance, but if you have one of the major companies you usually get a little bit of 'free' aftermarket parts and equipment insurance which will help cover the cost difference between oem and the a/m ones. Even if you don't they'd pay for the stock wheel, you'd just cover the difference. Try to get the manufacturer and 'name' of the exact wheel for them to look it up for you.

Very glad you're ok, any time you're completely out of control it's definitely a crap shoot. Take it easy.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn brotha im glad youre ok, so many accidents lately.

if youre going to part out the car
ill take the front passanger side window motor please!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:12 PM
glad you are ok,,,,, looks like around 2K in damages,,,, now body shop will charge about 4.5 to insurance

Old 03-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by NAT@FFTec
be safe out there guys....**** this long *** storm in the west coast....
what lip is that?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
That rear quarter damage looks significant. The trunk lid is way off which tells me not just the exterior panel suffered the brunt of the impact especially near the lower back corner of the panel. If the trunk opening is deformed, there has been strutural damage and that is labor intensive. I think the chances are more likely that this will be a total loss. My guess is $10-11K in damage.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Red Card Crew

I saw that. I'm hoping it might be just the right side quarter pushing the trunk up.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
What happened to the other 3

Originally Posted by NAT@FFTec
Thanks Marcus. I'm doing well just a little sad still to see my baby g all smashed up.

I'm starting to learn my lesson with modded cars though, especially this being my 4th money pit in the past couple years. I think it's time for me to cool off with the mods and just keep my next car stock

Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident.

1) The estimate will be very, very high. You have major body damage and I suspect significant suspension damage. New wheels alone are $700 each. Bay area labor is not cheap either. Over $7,000 by the time the repair is done. They may discover more as the repair continues.

2) Be your own advocate. Figure out exactly what you want and be firm about getting it. For instance they may want to give you re-man wheels, but if you let them know you want a good paint match so new OEM is what you want, they may get them for you. Or if you want it totaled because "it'll never drive the same and the body panels won't ever fit correctly," then fight them that.

Many insurance companies will give you what is right if you fight/ask for it. The people who don't say anything are often the ones that get screwed.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by commadanteb
What happened to the other 3
sold/traded for new cars

03 WRX full suspension upgrades, turbo, jdm bits etc etc. sold for s2k

03 s2000 top secret full titanium exhaust, coils, ap2 conversion, etc and too many sets of wheels. needed a car that was a little more practical so i traded it in for the g35

i also currently have a 550+whp 1991 galant vr-4 that has been the biggest money pit ever. fully built motor, fully built drivetrain, gt40r, all supporting mods etc

current estimate so far without a teardown on the car is $7600, and thats not including the 2 damaged wheels. looks like insurance might not want to include the cost of replacing volks, as it will most likely push the car towards a total loss....at this point its just a waiting game

Last edited by NAT@FFTec; 03-28-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:35 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Ummmm....yeah. These guys are no different than the guys that give estimates at a body shop. They know what's repairable and what's not repairable. It's their job to keep body shops honest. Have you never had a wreck before
You could not be more wrong my fella friend.

99.9% of insurance adjusters have no fvcking clue about cars damage and if it's repairable or not. They simply look at what's damaged and go online to look up parts that are located in that region of the car. If parts and labor combined are more than 70% or cars value..........car is deemed TOTALED.

It has nothing to do with the damage car sustained and if it's repairable or not.

I say it cuz I just been in a wreck few months ago and my car was deemed totaled by insurance and I convinced them to deem it repairable and give me money to repair it by simply getting a cheaper estimate.

Whoopty fvcking doo.........I made a none repairable car into repairable with a snap of my fingers.

Last edited by JOKER; 03-30-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Because the insurance companies have claim estimators in staff that do this everyday? And it's the insurance companies that will consult with the bodyshop to determine it?

Look at the damage. To ME, it looks fixable. And when I say that, I mean fixable in terms of not being a total.

If it's a total, it might be worth it to get as much as he can as a total loss, buy it back for cheap and then have it fixed.
once again........the severity of the damage has absolutely nothing to do with the car being totaled or not.

You can simply scratch the paint and cut up all of the interior to get car deemed totaled by insurance adjuster, and yet you can still drive it like you did yesterday.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Red Card Crew

I understand what you are saying.

Just don't understand how it applies in this particular case.

I know the Honda boys have been stealing GSRs and stripping them just enough for a total and then buying them back and putting them back to together

Old 03-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
You could not be more wrong my fella friend.

99.9% of insurance adjusters have no fvcking clue about cars damage and if it's repairable or not. They simply look at what's damaged and go online to look up parts that are located in that region of the car. If parts and labor combined are more than 70% or cars value..........car is deemed TOTALED.

It has nothing to do with the damage car sustained and if it's repairable or not.

I say it cuz I just been in a wreck few months ago and my car was deemed totaled by insurance and I convinced them to deem it repairable and give me money to repair it by simply getting a cheaper estimate.

Whoopty fvcking doo.........I made a none repairable car into repairable with a snap of my fingers.
Most of us understand that cars (depending on make and model) are deemed totaled if the repairs exceed 70% of value. That's what I meant by not repairable. An insurance company isn't going to spend $20K fixing your $22K G35 especially since costs tend to escalate a bit as the repair work progresses. Additionally, they tend to get a decent amount when selling the cars to auto recyclers.

Adjusters are definitely not clueless. They use the same exact estimating programs as the body shops. The most common programs are Audatex and Motor Crash Estimating Guide. The estimating guides keep the insurance companies and body shops somewhat honest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust