G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

So pissed at my dealership!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
Posted the pics in another thread It's the same rust that other members are finding I'm not in the mood to dig it up and link it. I don't understand why he's going to argue sending the claim to Nissan he gets paid either way.
Nissan isn't going to pay the claim unless the panel is rusted through or there is some specific volunatary repair program in place for the exact issue. If the shop repairs the rust, they're doing at their own expense because Nissan is going to deny their claim because it doesn't qualify as part of rust through warranty.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by bigjee
Using that logic ; every warranty claim thats done on a car is reimbursed by Infiniti Canada or USA to the dealership where the work is done.

The a-hole is just too lazy to ask the head office for the reimbursement so is denying the customer, in this case, the OP a warranty claim.

The dealership doesnt need to pay out of its pocket for a warranty claim.

And in case you missed it, their denial of this claim lost them a potential customer. Customer satisfaction goes a long way, not only for the customer but indirectly the company also.
Thats why this guy the OP mentioned is a douche.
What you're missing here is that the claim must be a valid one or the dealership is going to have to eat the cost of repair. Most of these advisors have enough experience to know what's going to go through and what's not. Surface rust on the trunk will not go through in 99% of the cases. Checking the car over simply because it feels slow will not go through either.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Many of the service advisors are @55 holes because they work off commission. No doing some things while doing other things under warranty will affect their commission. The good ones know that by treating you right you will most likely come back for something else and in the future will likely to trust them with other things.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
Yeah, I just picked my car up they only fixed the CD changer and I was like okay what ever that's fine, I'll figure it out and fix it myself, They fcking broke my dash finisher & shifter plate changing my CD changer!!! WTF, then I went back and told my usual service person about it and that i'd like to work with her or john instead of jeff because I didn't have a positive experience with him & when she asked jeff for the papers to order the parts he flipped out and was like "I don't understand why ur upset with me and acting this way" Ummmmm no **** i'm going to be upset u broke my car trying to fix it & pretended not to notice that the finsher is cracked while driving my car up to me!? wtf

Old 04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Yeah, I just picked my car up they only fixed the CD changer and I was like okay what ever that's fine, I'll figure it out and fix it myself, They fcking broke my dash finisher & shifter plate changing my CD changer!!! WTF, then I went back and told my usual service person about it and that i'd like to work with her or john instead of jeff because I didn't have a positive experience with him & when she asked jeff for the papers to order the parts he flipped out and was like "I don't understand why ur upset with me and acting this way" Ummmmm no **** i'm going to be upset u broke my car trying to fix it & pretended not to notice that the finsher is cracked while driving my car up to me!? wtf
more than likely he didnt physically brake it. he didnt purposely go into your car and broke it off, i think he wouldnt want to risk his job over a customer. most of these problems come from their mechanics. i have had a few instances where i get my car back and sht is bad.

for example my closer dealership (kearny mesa infiniti) scraped the hell out of my rear bumper, i took it back and they fixed it.

the other dealership i took it (riverside infiniti) scratched the hell out of my rim, sure the service advisor was like "you sure we did this? i mean your other rims are scratched" i was like "look at it... metal is coming off and the scratches arent horizontally but vertically and its in deep" they somewhat fixed it, but just a bunch of idiots working on our cars.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah but it was obvious the second I got in the car, & he drove the car up to me, he saw it but didn't care to say "Oh hey it looks like something is broken how about you keep the loaner for another couple more days & pick the car up later, I'm sorry."

Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Yeah but it was obvious the second I got in the car, & he drove the car up to me, he saw it but didn't care to say "Oh hey it looks like something is broken how about you keep the loaner for another couple more days & pick the car up later, I'm sorry."
ahh ok i see. i hate when people do that.. like seriously.. they dont expect you to know anything, just drive off and STFU. but nope, im not like that, if i see something.. i will bitch at em. i mean they charge a premium fir their work.. so it should show.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Papa
Exactly why I stopped going there many years ago. I originally bought my car there...was happy with everyone except for this one guy.....history
^ yep me too. Bought my car there, went in once for some work. Never again. You should have seen how they delivered my car. Nothing was gone over with me except for how to work the power seat. Come on. Then I saw the special room at Beshoff and watched them go over someone's car while I waited for an oil change.

I drive to Beshoff in San Jose for anything. It's just not worth the hassle anywhere else. I know it will be done right and they'll baby my car. I just have to find the time to drive down there...lol

Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 PM
SJ is just so far and niello is 5 mins away :/

Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
SJ is just so far and niello is 5 mins away :/
I lived in Concord until last year. Now I'm in Oakland. It's still far.
but completely worth it for the peace of mind.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Take the long drive to Beshoff

Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
ah niello infiniti...i was a loyal customer to niello until they cheated me on my oil consumption test for a new motor. If i ever need anything done on the car, beshoff infiniti is the only dealership i will trust

Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
That sucks about your issue Bro. That rust warranty thingy seems like a joke. It usually takes a while (years, depending on your location and such) for rust to eat through. It seems though that they would want to be proactive and do some sanding and a paint repair rather than a body panel replacement and paint repair.

I'm about done w/ my Nissan dealership to because of a similar situation. I'd been dealing with my usual service manager and writers for years, but had to take my Xterra in for a surging problem (would not throw codes) and delt w/ a new guy, who was nice, but straight up lied to me. They kept my X 2 days, ran 1/2 tank of gas (gave it back to me on empty) and could not find the problem. He admitted that something was wrong, but due to the fact that no codes were being tripped, they had NO WAY of determining the issue.
I had done some research on the clubxterra.org forum (which I've been a member for years) and all the guys told me to check the distributor for metal shavings from a bad bearing (that the rotor shaft rides on). Apparently it's a common problem w/ the 1st Gen Xterras w/ 100k miles or so. So, I called and talked to this joker and suggested that and he stated "Oh yeah, we already know about that and checked it. Your's is clean".
Long story short- they NEVER checked it, cause when I got it home (after it died on me several times), popped the dist. cap, rotor and dust cover off... There it was, metal chunks filled the bottome of the distributor. Took me 5 minutes to diagnose and $6.57 for a new bearing that I replaced myself.

Good Luck Brotha!
rob.g

Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Yeah I'm about done, I'd rather do this crap myself and spend a little money but save a lot of frustration plus I'll know that it was done right & the car was taken care of not hoping that the "test" drives they took didn't turn into joy rides in my car.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool

He tries this crap every time I come in with a warranty repair, every single time until I prove him wrong and he is forced to fix the issue, if I drop my car off with someone else I'm in and out within 10 min with everything being fixed, with him it's a 45 min debate (this time I was so pissed I pointed out EVERYTHING that could possibly be wrong with the car and told him to fix it) and then he usually calls me like 3-4 days later saying I can pick the car up and I ask if he fixed everything and he says no so I argue on the phone for 45 min and then he fixes it, It's just such a hassle with this guy. I'm going to request to work with Annaliese or John only from now on.
Oh and since I'm under 25 I had my mom go with me to get a loaner and they always just hand me the keys and put the car under my mom's name (My insurance is under my name so I am covered.) This time he handed the keys to my mom and said "HE CAN NOT DRIVE THIS CAR"...yeah thanks dumbass for treating me like I'm 10...
lol i got my loaner today by my self and i'm only 21 lololol!! frm neillo! LOL john is cool

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So pissed at my dealership!