G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

So pissed at my dealership!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
So pissed at my dealership!

So I have rust on my trunk and like a few other body panels, car was shifting weird and felt slower & my CD changer stopped working (Again) so I decided to make an appointment and get it checked out, I show up and wait 20 min after my appointment was scheduled (what ever I didn't mind)
then we go out to take a look at the rust, the guy tells me "It's just surface rust and I'm not going to do anything about it" I told him that it's a common problem with infiniti's paint and thr is a 8 year rust warranty and there have been members on G35Driver reporting rust on there 07+ G35's and that is not normal.

then he says nothing about the CD changer and says he will order one & then I tell him about how the car shifts weird and doesn't engage into gear like it used to and how the car just feels over all sluggish/slow and that i'd like for them to look into that and maybe check all the belts/fluids and i'll replace them if they need to be and he says okay.

Then when we go to sit down and talk about everything he tells me "you need to tell me whats specifically wrong with the car I can't just write down that it feels sluggish" I said well I'm not sure it could be a lot of different things, you could just scan it for codes and check fluid levels to start off your diagnosis (i have extended warranty) then he pulls the "well the car has 57k miles it's not going to feel brand new" which pissed me off cause i've driven a G35 with 140k miles that felt better than mine...

He started to tell me that to scan my car for codes and to check fluids/belts he would have to charge me...I mean come on I told him that my car doesn't feel right usually I give him a better idea of what wrong but this time I actually have no idea...what happens when oblivious soccer moms drop thr cars off and say "the thingy doesn't click to the other thingy like it used to" and they diagnose it and fix it without any of this BS

So after arguing with him that this isn't normal he told me I'm a lot pickier than the average person and I told him that the repairs aren't up to him they are up to Nissan corporate and his job is to hear me out and send my claims over to Nissan and they can decide so he did that. but wtf is up with them wanting to charge me to diagnose a warranty claim & not covering rust cause it hasn't rusted thru...yet... Maybe he just pissed me off and i'm over reacting...what do u guys think? Should I be calling consumer affairs or should I wait and see what he does? I don't think he's even going to put the claim in for the rust.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:43 PM
PS my cars an 03.5 G35 Sedan with 57k miles with extended warranty till 130k miles or 2013 and Infiniti extended our rust and corrosion warranty till 100k/8 year (My car will be 8 in November so he's just trying to run the warranty out..)

Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
can you try to go to another dealership? he is being an ***.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
well he is a jerk but you need to know that you have to approve any diag. and agree to pay. Then if its covered the warranty should pay for all of it, but if they don't you are still on the line.

That is what he should have told you, but that doesn't give an excuse for him to be rude and treat you like crap.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
This isn't Niello in Concord by any chance is it?

I would call Infiniti direct and talk to them about the rust and tell them what the dealership told you. I've found out more than once that the service people I've worked with have zero clue about the warranties on the cars they service I've had to inform them a number of times on what they need to do.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
wait bay area? hmm which infiniti this might be? I want to take a guess but ill wait for u to say lol

Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts
^ my guess Peninsula Infiniti?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Niello...this isn't my usual service adjuster, I always work with Anallese & John they always treat us like family and we have bought 2 infiniti's with Anallese, this time I was forced to work with Jeff and let me tell you, My mom was thinking about a M56 and yeah she was with me today, she now doesn't want to deal with infiniti anymore. I'm beyond pissed, I was treated like I'm stupid and don't know anything about cars, I felt like getting up & telling him to fvck off & leaving but seeing as he was like 75 years older than me I felt like maybe being respectful would get me farther...

Old 04-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
Niello...this isn't my usual service adjuster, I always work with Anallese & John they always treat us like family and we have bought 2 infiniti's with Anallese, this time I was forced to work with Jeff and let me tell you, My mom was thinking about a M56 and yeah she was with me today, she now doesn't want to deal with infiniti anymore. I'm beyond pissed, I was treated like I'm stupid and don't know anything about cars, I felt like getting up & telling him to fvck off & leaving but seeing as he was like 75 years older than me I felt like maybe being respectful would get me farther...
Exactly why I stopped going there many years ago. I originally bought my car there...was happy with everyone except for this one guy.....history

Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
What a douche bag.. hope you get this sorted out because that's total BS.

The CD changer is retarded.. I'm not even sure if mine still works.. I never use it. The person before me got it replaced like 20k miles ago or something. Think the reason why it stops working is because something might be loose. Been having a problem with my headunit too where sometimes the whole thing just randomly shuts down. Like the radio is still going along with the AC, but i'll have no control over it.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here. The guy might lack tact, but I agree him.

1) Surface rust in not covered by the rust-through warranty. The rust must go through the panel for them to do something about hence the term "rust through". It sucks, but that's the way it is.

2) As for the sluggish and slow shifting, there's not much to do about it until codes start getting thrown. If the CEL light isn't on, then there's not an easily diagnosable problem yet. There has to be a clear and reoccuring problem or else they're wasting their time and you'll get a "Could duplicate problem" on your invoice. Consider reseting the ECU and cleaning the MAF sensor. If you have an aftermarket intake, toss it in the trash.

You could request scanning the ECM and checking the belts and fluids, but you're going to pay a diagnostic fee. There's no free lunch. It costs them time and money to do these things.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I was just about to post that up about surface rust vs perforated Rust. Please post some pics of hte rust up!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Posted the pics in another thread It's the same rust that other members are finding I'm not in the mood to dig it up and link it. I don't understand why he's going to argue sending the claim to Nissan he gets paid either way.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by G35Papa
Exactly why I stopped going there many years ago. I originally bought my car there...was happy with everyone except for this one guy.....history
He tries this crap every time I come in with a warranty repair, every single time until I prove him wrong and he is forced to fix the issue, if I drop my car off with someone else I'm in and out within 10 min with everything being fixed, with him it's a 45 min debate (this time I was so pissed I pointed out EVERYTHING that could possibly be wrong with the car and told him to fix it) and then he usually calls me like 3-4 days later saying I can pick the car up and I ask if he fixed everything and he says no so I argue on the phone for 45 min and then he fixes it, It's just such a hassle with this guy. I'm going to request to work with Annaliese or John only from now on.
Oh and since I'm under 25 I had my mom go with me to get a loaner and they always just hand me the keys and put the car under my mom's name (My insurance is under my name so I am covered.) This time he handed the keys to my mom and said "HE CAN NOT DRIVE THIS CAR"...yeah thanks dumbass for treating me like I'm 10...

Old 04-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I guess I'm in the minority here. The guy might lack tact, but I agree him.

You could request scanning the ECM and checking the belts and fluids, but you're going to pay a diagnostic fee. There's no free lunch. It costs them time and money to do these things.
Using that logic ; every warranty claim thats done on a car is reimbursed by Infiniti Canada or USA to the dealership where the work is done.

The a-hole is just too lazy to ask the head office for the reimbursement so is denying the customer, in this case, the OP a warranty claim.

The dealership doesnt need to pay out of its pocket for a warranty claim.

And in case you missed it, their denial of this claim lost them a potential customer. Customer satisfaction goes a long way, not only for the customer but indirectly the company also.
Thats why this guy the OP mentioned is a douche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So pissed at my dealership!