G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

All-season tires recommendation for stock G35 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by V35MI
+1 on these as well. Great tire for the money. Bridgestones just are not worth the money IMO
How many sets have you owned?

You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to tires.

I've cheaped out on tires before. I regretted it and will never do it again.

The Turanzas are exceptional. V rated performance and all around versatility.

I see lots of recommendations here - I wonder how many of you are actually driving on the tires you're recommeding?

I've owned Conti's and I've owned 'Stones. Stones were superior for me for performance and noise. I've owned Pilot Sports and loved them, but the Turanzas are equal in performance (for my driving style) and are quieter (more important to me in the G).

Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I own the Conti extreme contacts. Just got them for the RX400h. I've owned the Pilot sport summer performance(great tire). I now have the all season performance versions(also great 90% of the performance of the summers). Owned the Bridgestone RE050s(great tire but crap tire life and heavy), Michelin MXV4s (got 60k+), Yokohama Geolanders (suck).

Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I pulled this from another thread...

On to the tires check out tire rack and read the reviews of the tires, my personal All season favorites are as follows:
1. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
2. Pirelli PZero Nero All Season
3. Yokohama ADVAN S.4
4. Kumho Ecsta ASX
5. Yokohama AVID EnVigor
6. Continental Extreme Contact DWS
7. Hankook Ventus V4 ES

I think that for the money you can't go wrong with the Kumho's. However these are my suggestions and you should make your own informed decision.

The following users liked this post:
Jeff92se (06-08-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got Michelin HydroEdge tires on my sedan. They are great in the rain, and have a 90k mile warranty. They have yet to see snow here in NC, so I cannot comment on their performance on the white stuff. But I love the tires and Michelin tires always wear for AT LEAST what they are rated. And I do not let the tires go bald before I replace them.

I did entertain getting the Continentals too.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Handcook Ventus they make this car drive so good in the snow compared to the stocks you'd never believe it V rated all seasons

Old 06-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob.On.Whidbey
How many sets have you owned?

You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to tires.

I've cheaped out on tires before. I regretted it and will never do it again.

The Turanzas are exceptional. V rated performance and all around versatility.

I see lots of recommendations here - I wonder how many of you are actually driving on the tires you're recommeding?

I've owned Conti's and I've owned 'Stones. Stones were superior for me for performance and noise. I've owned Pilot Sports and loved them, but the Turanzas are equal in performance (for my driving style) and are quieter (more important to me in the G).
I've run Potenza's on 2 maximas (2000, and an 2001) and turanza's on an 08 altima. Those lasted a solid 20k miles and were nothing special, I since switch to Kuhmo's on the altima (ecsta's maybe?) and had no regrets. I don't know what kind of driving you're doing, but I do mostly commuting on the beltway and I try to find some back roads for sanity on the weekends. I don't notice enough of a difference to justify an extra couple hundred dollars, especially if they're wearing out that quickly. Just my experience.

The DWS have been great for me thus far, though I've only been running them for 3 months now. They're a good competent all-season that can handle some fun driving. If you're looking for serious performance, then by definition you're looking in the wrong tire bracket.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman

On to the tires check out tire rack and read the reviews of the tires, my personal All season favorites are as follows:
3. Yokohama ADVAN S.4
4. Kumho Ecsta ASX
5. Yokohama AVID EnVigor
7. Hankook Ventus V4 ES

I think that for the money you can't go wrong with the Kumho's. However these are my suggestions and you should make your own informed decision.
Pretty good list in the high performance all season category

Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I have the Conti Extreme Contact DWS and I think they are an excellent value. However I have one complaint about them. I've had some hydroplaning at high speeds. Not sure if it's normal to hydroplane at 90 with a decent downpour.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
conti's are good.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:50 AM

3. Yokohama ADVAN S.4
4. Kumho Ecsta ASX
5. Yokohama AVID EnVigor
7. Hankook Ventus V4 ES

The "informed decision" part is dead-on accurate. Some of the tires favored by enthusiasts sacrifice versatility for smooth, dry road performance. As noted elsewhere, hydroplaning and tread life can be issues.

Others on the list are soft and comfortable but may not satisfy an enthusiastic driver. Given the condition of Saint Louis city streets and the desire for reliable four-season use, the Turanza Serenity series is great. My wife's SAAB has "higher performance," wider, flatter-tread Michelins and they work great in dry weather on the few smooth roads around Saint Louis but I have to put snow tires on her car in the winter.

The advantage of the survey charts at Tire Rack is that each buyer can choose which parameters are personally most important and make relevant comparisons. I have run everything on the street from pure racing slicks (on a race-tuned original Mini Cooper S) all the way down to El Cheapos from the local hardware store (on a beater Volvo wagon) and each suited its purpose, but there is no universal "best."

Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by grocerylist
I have the Conti Extreme Contact DWS and I think they are an excellent value. However I have one complaint about them. I've had some hydroplaning at high speeds. Not sure if it's normal to hydroplane at 90 with a decent downpour.

Really? One of the things i like about the DWS's is that they resist hydroplaning very well. I feel like i can hit a puddle at 75MPH and barely feel the water as the car goes through.

I routinely drive 80-90MPH on the highway in the rain..no issues here. VERY good tire in the rain IMHO

Old 06-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodyear Eagle GT's. I've been very happy with mine and we get every different kind of weather you can imagine here.

The sidewall and tread pattern are pretty sweet looking too.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

3. Yokohama ADVAN S.4
4. Kumho Ecsta ASX
5. Yokohama AVID EnVigor
7. Hankook Ventus V4 ES

He wants stock tires. Some makers dont make our stock tire size.

Last edited by apintojr; 06-10-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: mobile spelling errors.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Badboy8813
I would recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DWS

quiet ride and handling is great all around.

How are they on dry roads?

Old 06-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Herbbie Hablib
How are they on dry roads?
Depends on how you drive really. I drive semi-aggressively, and they've performed well, but I have AWD, so wheelspin is non existent already

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: All-season tires recommendation for stock G35 sedan