G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Automatic Transmission performance parts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by SxExCx
*facepalm

None of the points list above will do ANYTHING...ZERO use for any of them.

I agree with you 100% this is what happens when you just copy paste. I have gone one step further and tried to figure out what actual points would be beneficial to the VQ35de. I plan to run out and measure and such and see if I can piece a kit together and put up a decent DIY. This will be later on maybe couple months but i will get started on the R&D.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Wow, where to start. The Big Three will have virtually no impact on the transmission. It's only value is if you plan on putting in an enormous sound system.

You're circling the engine, and other than the first cable, there's no benefit whatsoever to this configuration. Firewall to the strut tower to the radiator support? Why? And a loop layout is less effective than a star layout. You also forgot a major part (the ECU).

I don't know if you just found this, or came up with it yourself, but it's bad information. At least you got the Transgo part right.

I will agree that I was just copy pasting from the interwebz since I was not going into heavy detail. If it was my vehicle that I was planning on doing then I would go all out. I always upgrade the BIG 3 in all vehicles I own since I always end up putting a system in. I have tons of 8ga, 4ga and 0-ga wire lying around from when I use to install systems for clients.

From the looks of it for the VQ35 that I can at least notice from the PICS. Don't expect this to be spot on since I am inside the house and just doing my own research. I would go out to the car and look at all factory grounding point and look at the point I listed out along with common grounding points that are recommend on guides and decide which one is needed and which one is redundant. It would make a lot more sense if you look at some of the pictures on the web of the grounding kit installed and look at the point I listed out.

1) ECU ground to grounding point on plenum near cylinder 1 (front of car passenger side)

2) PS ground to grounding point on plenum near cylinder 1 (front of car passenger side)

3) Extension from Front of timing cover to same grounding point cylinder 1 (front of car passenger side)

4) Front of timing cover (same location at #3) to Intake mounting point on plenum. (where stock z/g tube screws into plenum)

5)Intake mounting point on plenum (where stock z/g tube screws into plenum) to brake/clutch grounding point.

6) Intake mounting point to plenum grounding point on cylinder 1 (same as Step #1 & #2) (Not sure if this is necessary )

7) Front timing cover to grounding point cylinder 1 front of engine near sensor / coolant hose.

8) Grounding point to transmission

9) Intake mounting point on plenum to grounding point around driver headlight grounding point.

10) Throttle body to grounding point in battery compartment

Last edited by faiz23; 07-03-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
i wanna do the trans go kit but i don't think i'm fully capable of installing it... i have some buddies that can... has anyone had it professionally installed? about how much was that?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper699
i have a 2003 g35 sedan automatic/ slap stick. i want to make it shift quicker or help on acceleration, but have no clue what to look for?
when u say acceleration u mean go faster now thats a easy question start moding do u have MD spacer yet

Originally Posted by ryanm8
Look into the Transgo kit for quicker shifts.
+1

Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
yeah i got, 350z ztube pop charger, test pipes, coupe mid pipe. i plan on getting the spacer next but i really want the shift kit but installing it may not be a good idea i don't wanna **** anything up. but a mechanic i'm sure would coast a ton idk though

Old 07-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by re-crue13
1) SxExCx Grounding Kit
2) 3.5 VLSD swap
3) Transgo Upgrade
+1

If you're feeling adventurous...GTM Motorsports can install the Transgo kit while adding more performance tweaks ranging from around $700 to $5k.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper699
yeah i got, 350z ztube pop charger, test pipes, coupe mid pipe. i plan on getting the spacer next but i really want the shift kit but installing it may not be a good idea i don't wanna **** anything up. but a mechanic i'm sure would coast a ton idk though
The Z-Tube and coupe mid-pipe will do next to nothing for performance. They'll make it sound different, but that's pretty much it. The test pipes in theory will help, but not unless you open up the rest of the exhaust. And the Pop charger will likely rob you of some horsepower due to heat soak. At best, you're about the same as if you'd left it stock.

And for actual performance, a plenum spacer >>>>>>>> transgo kit. Plus the spacer is considerably cheaper. It's by far the best performance bang for your buck.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transgo shift kit

I have a 2004 G35 coupe and live in Fresno CA. where can I get this kit installed?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
anyone that is interested!! I can have everything installed and ready to go for the asking price posted in my thread. The VB Would be plug n play back into your existing Car!! My price posted with the VB installed with trans go is the normal asking price. GTM's price is 700 dollars with you sending them yours which means you need to remove it yourself and wait a week or so for them to complete the Upgrade. I Can have it done and your car will not be down until you install yours.

Need to ensure that your 5AT has an internal TCM. If you do not your car is 03-04. If you have an internal TCM then you should be 04.5 up therefore my sale would be plug n play.

https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetr...2-options.html