G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Front End Creeking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2004 | 12:05 PM
|
Front End Creeking?

I have noticed that whether its cold out or warm out when I make slow turns & go over bumps I can hear a horrible creaking sound coming from my front end.... It sounds like it is coming from the shocks, has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks!

-Frank

Old 12-05-2004 | 12:26 PM
G SQUAD
I also have a creaking in coupe's front end. I dunno where it is coming from but usually occurs when I m turning the steering wheel and can be heard mostly like when u lock the steering for turn or something. I have no clue as to what it is but I have to take it in to get checked out.

-Vin

Old 12-05-2004 | 01:45 PM
I have the same thing. Easing over speed bumps or backing out of the drveway, etc. I think there is a TSB on it. I have a list of TSB's for the dealer to do when I take mine in for service. Nothing major just lots of little annoyances. Kind of a shame...

Mark

Old 12-05-2004 | 02:28 PM
even i have the same, i guess i am going to take mine in too..i have few others, i am going to have them change my center console(silver portion) it is always making noises and its irritating...

the sunroof squeek(no longer there since its winters) is also very irritating..had it fixed 3 times already...i dont know what i can force them to do for this..i dont want to live with it..is there something i can force them to do?

Old 12-05-2004 | 05:10 PM
How do you tell if it's the console piece making the noise, is it just the "circle" at the shifter or the whole top piece? I have a feeling this may just be a normal sound, I experience it too from time to time, I had the dealer check it out once already, still hear it, but it's not on every bump or anything, just ocaisionally.

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 12-05-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2004 | 06:56 PM
I have the same problem. The creaking (or crunching) sound is definitely coming from the front end, but my dealer couldn't find anything on the first try. The sound is most prominent at slow speed only. Speed bumps usually set it off, and it does seem to change sound if the steering wheel is being turned simultaneously.

Note that the TSB mentioned above only pertains to a very-few 2003 models. (Mine is a 2004)

My dealer lubricated the sway bars and check tightneess of all suspension bolts, but none of this helped. I'm now thinking it may be related to the steering rack, or even some underbody item.

Any tips would be appreciated!!

Old 12-05-2004 | 07:34 PM
|
I hear it just as all you guys described, I never noticed it before until one day when I was driving slow with the radio off and heard it............. Its so annoying and hard to pinpoint as to where it is coming from.. I am going to make an appointment for service this week to get it fixed because its rather embarrassing I think to have a 2003 infiniti that creaks as you turn or go over speed bumps....

I will keep everyone posted as to what the end result is.....

Old 12-07-2004 | 08:37 AM
Funny. Yesterday after reading this thread my 2004 Sedan suddenly started squeaking and groaning. Sounds like my dog's squeaky chew toy. Sounds like front end and/or console area. And...a bit of squeak out of the rear corners. Yesterday was the first day here on the coast of Maine where temp went from the 30 degree range to about 20. Could it be the temp?

Old 12-08-2004 | 08:23 AM
Must be the temp. Today its up to 38 with a lot of rain. No more squeaking anywhere. Or maybe its the rain lubing the undercarriage. Or both.

Old 12-10-2004 | 11:54 AM
There is a TSB for this. I just have it done yesterday. Explain to them that the creaking occurs when the body is twisted. They fixed mine.

Old 12-10-2004 | 09:43 PM
hotGspot,

Please post the TSB performed as you had described. I'll have to have the dealer do the same to my G.

Thanks

Old 12-11-2004 | 01:18 PM
I have this creaking as well. Glad to hear others are having the same issue. In fact, last time I took my car to the dealer the loaner had the same noise. Would appreciate if someone posts the TSB

Old 12-11-2004 | 11:33 PM
I did not see any TSB # on my receipt. I think you just need to explain that the body is torqued, and you hear a squak noise from front of the car. My receipt indicated that they adjusted the front support clearance per tsb.

Old 12-12-2004 | 02:46 AM
I had my sedan for 1 year, and i've just notice this noise from the front too. So i actually have 2 different noise from the front now. The squeeky noise from break and creaking noise from the front. It sounds like its from spring...How nice~ The noise doesnt occur often though...only when i make big turns or break.

Any of you brought it to the dealer yet?

Last edited by subrobo; 12-12-2004 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-12-2004 | 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by subrobo
I had my sedan for 1 year, and i've just notice this noise from the front too. So i actually have 2 different noise from the front now. The squeeky noise from break and creaking noise from the front. It sounds like its from spring...How nice~ The noise doesnt occur often though...only when i make big turns or break.

Any of you brought it to the dealer yet?
Bring it to the dealer, they have TSB. Its for your suspension. Break noise is the ABS check noise.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front End Creeking?