G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

crankshaft position sensor no SES

Old 07-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crankshaft position sensor no SES

Ok this is driving me nuts Is it possible for the crankshaft position sensor to be bad without throwing a code? A few weeks back while idling the car just shut off (no code) started back up and drove fine for maybe a week then when pulling off from a light starting bucking wouldn't stay running unless I kept the RPM's up..shut off again and wouldn't start, after waiting for 1/2 hour I did the pedal dance to reset the ECU..been driving every day without the above problem, but now I have the P0507 code...did the pedal dance 1000 times to do all the relearns Idle drops down to 750 but won't stick as soon as I restart it's back to the high idle...went to dealer they couldn't get it to stick (no charge)... I replaced the throttle body, pcv valve, accelerator position sensor cleaned the K&N air filter...still got the high idle Now the only thing I can think of to do next is replace the crankshaft position sensor, but I don't have any codes coming up for it So what do you guys think? Is it possible crankshaft sensor could be bad or going bad and not throwing a code?

Help!!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like I'm talking to myself here...well I am truly at a loss here...today I replaced the crankshaft position sensor with high hopes that it would solve my problem "it didn't" still idling @1000 rpm and during braking still surging as the car downshifts. So far I have replace the throttle body, PCV valve, crankshaft position sensor, accelerator position sensor, cleaned the air filter, had dealer do idle relearn...still got this damn P0507 code..sometime this week I'm gonna do the cam sensor's and if that don't work...lastly the MAF (most expensive of them all) At this point I don't know what else it could be ???? Then to top it off while I was changing the crankshaft sensor I saw what looked like trans fluid leaking from somewhere under the air box HELP!!!

Last edited by G35nNJ; 07-10-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: update