G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts
uh sedans fit more fat girls duh.

jkkk im just a sedan guy, always have been.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My son was born a week before I bought my sedan and my back would have been hating the coupe. If I get another G I'll be tempted by the coupe, that is if it looks better. I like the first gen coupe, the second...not so much. I don't really care what people think...chick car or whatever....if it's what I like I'll get it. Life is too short.

Compensating? Well, I'm hung like a light switch...maybe you're right.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Cheaper, Stealthier, More room can easily get friends in the back seat instead of having to move the chairs and stuff them in.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I don't even think you can fit golf clubs in a coupe?
The coupe has a diagram how to fit two sets of clubs in the trunk.

It actually helped during the high school golf season.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a sedan because it was alil cheaper than the Coupe, the 4 doors, and the trunk space.

If the Coupe actually had a decently sized trunk i would of probably bought that instead. The Con about having a sedan is when your going somewhere with friends, ur the one driving most of the time because they all own coupes

The following users liked this post:
Knightspeed (09-10-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
Because I like when people get in my car & they go "I never knew a sedan could be this cool, I always thought the G coupe was faster, sportier, easier to mod etc."

Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Insurance was the same for me with either coupe or sedan..so that wasn't a factor for me.

30 years old, no tix, no accidents, clean record....$1800/year. Welcome to Massachusetts

Thats just for one car....I own 3

Old 07-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
When car shopping I was looking for a FUN vehicle that was manual, leather, RWD and had plenty of power to get up and go. Price was a big factor as well since I wanted to spend right around $15,000 for a used vehicle. I also wanted to be able to have my child's car seat fit without taking up much space and still be able to carry a trunk full of stuff and fit 3 other people in the car. I love the Sedan due to the manual gearbox, 300hp motor and amazing handling skills for a Sedan. Since then I have turned my kids car seat around and it is forward facing unlike the pictures which show rear facing. The front seat can now move back all the way and my boi is still comfortable while fitting full size adults in the vehicle.

The following users liked this post:
05gmansedan (07-22-2011)
Old 07-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I once read this article of Modified magazine. The feature article was about a movement in Japan called "Lux Style". The feature car was a 93 Rx7 painted a deep candy red with no spiler smooth bodylines pulled fenders and wide chrome rims with a huge lip out back. The cars were low but not slammed and usually used similar to OEM body parts. Other cars that were popular for this in japan were skylines and supras. Ever since then I wanted a car styled similar. When it was time for me to go to get a new car there were a few options on the lot but the 04 G35 sedan caught my eye. Not because I thought it was some amazing looking car (stock 17s not an aero kinda bland looking). I thought this would be the perfect platform because it could be taken in so many different directions. An all out sports car like some have done. A good daily and grocery getter/family car. A VIP/Baller car slammed on big wheels. A practical alternative to a 350z. Or a perfect fit for the "lux style". Although I haven't had the funds to take my car in that direction yet the twin turbo rx7 I saw on that cover made me want the Sedan because I saw potential in it to be a streamline luxury car that still performs enough to be enjoyable.

So my actual reason...I wanted a Z but it just isn't a practical only car and neither is the G coupe IMO. So when I saw a sedan 6mt I like the looks and new it could look amazing so I jumped on the opportunity to grab it.

SORRY I just wrote a book.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:38 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
OK.... so, right now, I've read NOTHING MORE than just the first post... I'm predicting there's already a fight in progress ... let's see if I'm right

---edit---

Dang! I was wrong!
This must be the first time we've ever had a Sedan/Coupe thread make it more than 30 posts without a fight!

So, to answer the question of why I picked a sedan over a coupe... I actually didn't.
Well, that is to say, I didn't pick one G35 over the other...

I had already owned 2 coupes, and the Trans-Am I owned just before the G I wrecked driving like a punk (too fast on a twisty road) I decided I needed to get away from sports cars, and pick up something with 4 doors, but I wasn't going to get something pokey slow, and FWD was out of the question. Also, I wanted to buy Japanese, so that left me with very limited options:

Subaru Impreza (Decided that was still a bit too punk-kid like, and I was trying to get away from that a bit)
Lexus IS300 (They were mostly too pricy)
Infiniti G35 Sedan (Hey, I've always liked Nissan, and it's basically a Z for grown-ups, right?)

So in my mind, the coupe never even entered into the equation. When I was first shopping, I too was led to believe (and also assumed) that there was a performance advantage to the coupe, but it was only after actually buying the car and browsing around this site that I found out there was virtually no difference at all
Also, back then I knew some stuff carried over from the Z, but had no idea just how many mods we could use! (I assumed engine stuff, but didn't even realize brakes, suspension, exhaust, etc...)

If I had it to do all over, there's even LESS of a chance I'd get a coupe. The practicality and value of the sedan are impossible to ignore, and like Don said:
Originally Posted by dofu
Because if I wanted a two door version of this car, I would have bought a Z.

So, in RE: to some of the other comments...

Originally Posted by Massios
It's definitely weird getting a car that you rode back home from the dealer in as a kid.
No... it's weird that you were a kid in 02................ oh God.... I'm not even 30 yet, and I just became OLD!

Originally Posted by MikeERideWNC
Sweet shot! I know exactly where that is

Last edited by NFSP G35; 07-22-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:03 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
I bought a Sedan because at the time of making the purchase I was planning to have a kid within a couple years. Now I have two boys so I'm glad I got a vehicle with 4 doors.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
i got the sedan cause modded coupes are a dime a dozen, properly modded sedans are a rare sight, and now there's nothing to envy on the coupe that i have coupe Rays, coupe seats, coupe sound with my exhaust setup, so the things i liked on the coupe are now in my car

Old 07-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts
The car kind of picked me TBH...

I was thinking of selling my Prelude for something a little bigger and more grown up, and my sister was already car shopping so I figured I'd go along with her to check out a car she wanted. Hopped out of the car and there she was staring at me, my G35. They had just gotten the car, hadn't even cleaned it yet so it was exactly like the woman had left it. Took it for a test drive and liked what I felt, so I went home and did some research on the vehicle and model and went back the next day and picked it up. Ended up getting a great deal too because my sister ended up buying the Saab she found there and my dad also picked up the F150 he ended up seeing there, all in the same day.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
i was originally going to buy a sedan and almost purchased one as well then last minute said , meh, screw it,

Coupe it is.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:00 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by srv2nv
The car kind of picked me TBH...

I was thinking of selling my Prelude for something a little bigger and more grown up, and my sister was already car shopping so I figured I'd go along with her to check out a car she wanted. Hopped out of the car and there she was staring at me, my G35. They had just gotten the car, hadn't even cleaned it yet so it was exactly like the woman had left it. Took it for a test drive and liked what I felt, so I went home and did some research on the vehicle and model and went back the next day and picked it up. Ended up getting a great deal too because my sister ended up buying the Saab she found there and my dad also picked up the F150 he ended up seeing there, all in the same day.
Aaaawww, it's like a romantic love story

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy a sedan over a coupe????