G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

BMW E46 vs 2004 Infiniti G35X?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Given your situation, if your 325i isn't giving you problems, don't gamble and get in the G and it turns out you have to fix more than just a motor. As far as looks, the stock seven year old G won't look as good compared to your 3-series that has slight cosmetic mods. But if you browse around these forums, you'll see a lot of 03-04s that your car doesn't compare to. Personally, I hate the black molding. If you're buying it to flip, I hope you're 100% sure it's just the motor that needs replacement.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
The BMW is a better car. I have an 02 330ci and had an 06 g coupe.
His 325i doesn't compare to a 330ci, IMO.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you can bear the downgrade in interior quality go with the G.
My friend has a 330xi and the interior is much nicer than my 05 G35x but the G has much more interior room as already mentioned.

One thing I will say about the G's interior though and I have always thought is this.
Even though the bimmer has better quality materials for the dashboard and everything the design language still looks bland compared to the way the G's dashboard is laid out.
I love the simplicity and how easy it is to find all the buttons I need quickly while I'm driving in my car.
Just look a pics of both dashboards side by side and tell me which one is more appealing

Which cars' exterior looks better is up for you to decide though.

Also, you should probably read a little bit about Nissan's attesa-ets awd system as it doesn't behave quite like a typical 4wd or awd so you know what you're getting yourself into.
Not that I'm trying to warn you. I personally think it works great and it has gotten me though 6 inches of unplowed snow easily in the past (with all seasons up front and SUMMER tires on the back).

Finally, consider how many G sedans you see driving around your town on a typical day as opposed to how many 3 series bimmers you see. I always see a lot more bimmers and I feel like my car stands out a bit more just because there isn't as many riding around.
This might not matter to you but its more of a final thought to consider after you've considered everything else. GL

edit: oh and prepare for craptastic bose sound system

Old 08-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
not worth the upgrade.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
If you are worried about ppl saying you are spoiled then getting the G is not going to help that much.

Just dont wreck the car and dont worry about what other ppl say.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird I own both at the moment
My 01 330i Msports package 5 speed:

My 06 G35X NAV:

Overall I like the E46 better mainly because of the 5 speed but it feels more "sport" it seems to have more driver enthusiast feel to it. The G35X seems to have too many factors in the drive stability, traction control etc. But on the other hand maintenance, care and luxury goes tot he G35X I love the comfort NAV and AWD specially since I live in Colorado. In the end I would say that enjoy "driving" the BMW more not to mention the gas mileage is better but the G35X is a better "trip" car the family loves to take that over the E46. But then again I daily a teg I wish I could daily the BMW but once again maintenance and weather plays factors on when I take it out.

I had a 03 6MT coupe and that hands down was a better car overall than the E46 at least in my opinion I miss that the most out of all my cars.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
I just took the G35x on a 1200 mile-ish trip to canada. My only complaint was i couldn't break 23.5 MPG highway. But i wasn't driving in a manner of getting MPG, i was driving my normal way and with flow of traffic which happens to be 70-85mph. I think a 6th gear could of gotten me 25mpg

But that is really the only issue i have with the car. The AWD takes away from the sporty feel. If i dont count gas, this would be the cheapest car to own/maintain i have. Aside from mods.

coupes and sedan bumpers are NOT the same. Nor is the grill, fenders, hood, headlight. engine parts your chances are pretty high that it would work.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
keep the bimmer..

i dont think you could resell the G for more than $9k...

Old 08-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by incubus3612
If you can bear the downgrade in interior quality go with the G.
My friend has a 330xi and the interior is much nicer than my 05 G35x but the G has much more interior room as already mentioned.

One thing I will say about the G's interior though and I have always thought is this.
Even though the bimmer has better quality materials for the dashboard and everything the design language still looks bland compared to the way the G's dashboard is laid out.
I love the simplicity and how easy it is to find all the buttons I need quickly while I'm driving in my car.
Just look a pics of both dashboards side by side and tell me which one is more appealing

Which cars' exterior looks better is up for you to decide though.

Also, you should probably read a little bit about Nissan's attesa-ets awd system as it doesn't behave quite like a typical 4wd or awd so you know what you're getting yourself into.
Not that I'm trying to warn you. I personally think it works great and it has gotten me though 6 inches of unplowed snow easily in the past (with all seasons up front and SUMMER tires on the back).

Finally, consider how many G sedans you see driving around your town on a typical day as opposed to how many 3 series bimmers you see. I always see a lot more bimmers and I feel like my car stands out a bit more just because there isn't as many riding around.
This might not matter to you but its more of a final thought to consider after you've considered everything else. GL

edit: oh and prepare for craptastic bose sound system
Thanks for replying. I think that my bimmer has better interior also. I see many bimmers than G35 but they all are stock and look crap. Stock infiniti looks better than a stock BMW E46. and in snow: when it snows i dont drive my car on snow days because we have a Land cruiser so no worries about snow.
My car also had a crappy radio but i upgraded to Android Dynavin radio.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Naveed2126
Given your situation, if your 325i isn't giving you problems, don't gamble and get in the G and it turns out you have to fix more than just a motor. As far as looks, the stock seven year old G won't look as good compared to your 3-series that has slight cosmetic mods. But if you browse around these forums, you'll see a lot of 03-04s that your car doesn't compare to. Personally, I hate the black molding. If you're buying it to flip, I hope you're 100% sure it's just the motor that needs replacement.
it doesnt really matter about other problems, many cars have little problems which is normal to me.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
ok first off, to the guy that said the i6's are torque monsters, that statement = LMAO. no no they are not. well, maybe they are compared to v6 honda accords, but the BMW i6's are a fail when it comes to torque... not sure what other cars have i6 engines... a chevy s10 beat me up a hill when i was driving my 330ci... with the G's v6 you can fly up hills like they are flat land lol

granted there is a slight difference between 1st and 2nd Gen G35x's, but before this car i had a 2001 BMW 330ci and man was that thing slow compared to the G. the only thing i kinda liked better that the BMW had was that you could start out in 2nd gear for low traction conditions. handling to me is not that big a deal because with or without the body roll, i can still make the DSC/VDC kick in on turns........

Last edited by GXXXV X; 08-10-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by GXXXV X
ok first off, to the guy that said the i6's are torque monsters, that statement = LMAO. no no they are not. well, maybe they are compared to v6 honda accords, but the BMW i6's are a fail when it comes to torque... not sure what other cars have i6 engines... a chevy s10 beat me up a hill when i was driving my 330ci... with the G's v6 you can fly up hills like they are flat land lol

granted there is a slight difference between 1st and 2nd Gen G35x's, but before this car i had a 2001 BMW 330ci and man was that thing slow compared to the G. the only thing i kinda liked better that the BMW had was that you could start out in 2nd gear for low traction conditions. handling to me is not that big a deal because with or without the body roll, i can still make the DSC/VDC kick in on turns........
well, as i said I am not looking for more power because i am happy with the power of my bimmer.
If you want to compare power than a M3 and g35 make sense, 3.2L vs 3.5L.

Last edited by rizwan1377; 08-10-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
keep the bimmer..

i dont think you could resell the G for more than $9k...
really, A guy wants to buy it for 10k already.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Varao

My 06 G35X NAV:

Overall I like the E46 better mainly because of the 5 speed but it feels more "sport" it seems to have more driver enthusiast feel to it. The G35X seems to have too many factors in the drive stability, traction control etc. But on the other hand maintenance, care and luxury goes tot he G35X I love the comfort NAV and AWD specially since I live in Colorado. In the end I would say that enjoy "driving" the BMW more not to mention the gas mileage is better but the G35X is a better "trip" car the family loves to take that over the E46. But then again I daily a teg I wish I could daily the BMW but once again maintenance and weather plays factors on when I take it out.

I had a 03 6MT coupe and that hands down was a better car overall than the E46 at least in my opinion I miss that the most out of all my cars.
Get some clear corners for the bimmer.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Varao

Get some clear corners for the bimmer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW E46 vs 2004 Infiniti G35X?