G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

So hard to say goodbye...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
A luxury Prius? I understand the gas gripe. I drive between three cities during the week now...

Old 08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by GR6RR
^ Fkc yea!
I think I've read on the CL forum, this car can get 1000 Miles in 1 tank! ...or was that the HS?... either way, fkc yea!
The CT200 is rated at 43/40 and has a 12 gallon fuel tank. That means a range of 480 to 516 miles. I've heard combined averages amoung owners to be in the 36ish range. Drive in Eco mode and pay close attention to what you're doing and you'll see into the 40s around town. Thing is, in Sport mode, the car does 0-60 in about 10 seconds. In Eco, it's probably even slower.

And remember kids, a E92 M3 gets better MPG than a Prius going around UK Top Gear's track (ie the M3 was following the Prius that was going as fast as possible around the track)

Old 08-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB

And remember kids, a E92 M3 gets better MPG than a Prius going around UK Top Gear's track (ie the M3 was following the Prius that was going as fast as possible around the track)
The M3 is not Gay like the Prius, either.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks for the comments everyone!

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Sad day man. I loved your G and seeing you around the forums. Hope you still check back eventually!
Thanks Janik! I'll peep by here every now and then and make sure you kids are behaving well

Originally Posted by geesteezd
+1, ur car looked clean!! makes me want to get oem coupe 18s
You should bro, probably one of the better OEM wheel choices out there for the sedan.

Originally Posted by socialconflicts
if u wanted something more gas friendly.. shoulda looked around more.
As far as new cars, there are not many choices out there other than the Prius which pretty much every one and his mother has one. I wanted something different and tech-savvy with an edgy design, and this CT hybrid has it all (Bluetooth, XM satellite, USB port, ECO/normal/Sport driving modes).

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Hate to see you leave your G but i do like the way the CT looks, plus you'll get better MPG now. So, how do you like your new ride?
I love it man, got over 200 miles on it since I took delivery Monday, I'm averaging 41 mpg so far and the gas hasn't quite hit the halfway point yet. I do somewhat miss the performance part but the improved gas mileage and quieter ride far outweigh what I was used to in the G35.

Ehhhhh.......I would have kept the G. It has so much more to offer other than than the mpgs. Even though the CT will get better mpgs, my guess is it would take well over 12+ years to make up the difference in fuel costs vs keeping a paid for G vs buying a new fuel efficent car. Sure, you'll be spending less at the pump; however, that's offset by the car payment, higher insurance, and taxes. In the end, you're probably saving $600/yr in fuel costs with the CT (assuming you drive about 10K year) or about $50 a month.

I've got no problem with people buying new cars because they want something new, but I find amusing people will spend $20K+ (after trade or sale of the old car) to get into something more fuel efficent. If you want something fuel efficent, buy a used Yaris or older Civic. Of course, it's not near as luxurious as the CT and I know that's one reason for the purchase. As long as you're happy, my opinion doesn't matter
For some reason Dave, I figured you'd bring this up in this thread..

I totally see your points about weighing the cost difference between owning a hybrid vs keeping an existing paid off car. I have already done my research though, and with the way my finances are going, I'll be paying off the CT in 1-2 years (signed up for a 5 year loan with money down and the G35 trade). Plus I switched to a new insurance carrier where my premiums are much less than what I paid with my previous insurance at the same coverage levels (saved myself $400/year on that). Also 1st year of routine maintenance on the CT is free, and the car is backed by a 8-yr/100,000 mile hybrid warranty as well as the 4-yr/50,000 mile factory warranty. My overall goal was to get a gas-friendly vehicle that requires the least amount of maintenance required as possible, and I believe I achieved that

Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
If my G is paid for I'm not trading it or selling it.. That's just like giving a car away, cuz u are never really going to get what it's worth or u feel that it's worth.
The last part of your statement is very true but life is short, and I've had a good run on the G35 that I owned for 5 years. Ideally I hope it goes to someone who will take care of it just as well as I did..

Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
Sad you got rid of it, did you part it out or you just traded in how it was? Congrats on the new one i really like that interior and i to getting tired paying $70 a tank every week enjoy the new car.
I parted a couple things out (including the Z-tube) but I left the rest of the car like that when I traded (i.e., the Nismo and Strafe body pieces, OEM 18's, rear lip spoiler, clear corners). It's gonna be a rare find for anyone out there currently looking for a Nismo'ed 03-04 G35 sedan (currently listed at Lexus of Orlando here).

Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
If they have it listed for 10,500, I am afraid to ask what they gave you for it.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gas was killing you right?

Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
im assuming they prob gave him anywhere between 6-7k ?

Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
i at times also looked into a new car... i pay 200 or so a month... kinda sucks but yea lol

Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Dude dealerships are thieves if you want a trade in I took my 2006 G35 coupe 79000 miles excellent condition. On kbb it says it's worth 18,500 good condition. So i printed the paper n I went to the dealer ship I was looking to trade it in for a 2009 g37 coupe n they said they will give me $10,000 for my car! There was a 2007 g35 coupe 83k miles out there for sale for $22,000! I screamed Give me my effen KEYS at the sales man n I left. I hate car salesmen

Old 08-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That is why I always sell my cars out right before I buy.
I have had dealers tell me, "you should sell your car to KBB since they say it is worth so much."
Dealers / All car sales people are theives! All of them.
(If you are a car salesman and get mad at that statement, don't post up to justify your actions. You are a theif!)

I look at KBB trade-in and price my sale within 1000.00 of that.

I just sold a 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS. KBB had it for 27,700.00.
I took it to CarMax to get their printed offer and inspection report. (That seems to make out of state buyers happy.)
CarMax offered me 25K.

I listed my car for 27K knowing I would only accept 26K.
I sold it to the first buyer for 26K. He drove from Tulsa, OK to NC to pick it up for 26K.

I bought the car for 26K, Nov. 2010 drove it for 16K miles at .55 per mile and sold it for 26K.
I think I did pretty good.
The only problem I found with the newer Buick was the car payment.
That is why I am in a 2004 G35 Sedan now.
No Payments!
I was a mechanic in my early years, so wrenching on the G35 is fairly easy compared to some cars I have owned.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
You guys need to stop using KBB. That is a dealer supported appraisal group. You need to be using NADA which is the value banks use. Then you look at the KBB value and get a number between the two. That is usually a very realistic number. KBB works to the dealership's advantage because it underestimates trade and private sale and way overestimates dealer sales.

As for him selling the G as is, that's too bad. A lot of money could have been made on the parts, but sometimes people don't have the time or don't care to deal with yanking the parts and reinstalling the old ones. I don't look forward to the day I decide to sell my G because I'll need to remove and reinstall:

1) Aero bumper
2) JDM 05+ brake lights
3) Works Bell paddle shifters
4) Put the winged trunk lid back on
5) Put the stock Y-pipe and midpipe on
6) Yank out the 3.5 VLSD diff
7) Sell my 18s
8) Yank out the MD spacer and massaged lower plenum
9) Yank out the Cobb swaybar

I just can't let about $2500-3000 worth of parts remain on the car because I know I won't get it back on the sale of the car.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
wish i would have known !! i would have given you my 06 rear bumper for yours with the lip and had it painted for you man !!!!!

sucks to see a sedan local not around anymore ! there sure isn't many sedans in florida !

Old 08-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The CT200 is rated at 43/40 and has a 12 gallon fuel tank. That means a range of 480 to 516 miles. I've heard combined averages amoung owners to be in the 36ish range. Drive in Eco mode and pay close attention to what you're doing and you'll see into the 40s around town. Thing is, in Sport mode, the car does 0-60 in about 10 seconds. In Eco, it's probably even slower.

I'm a CT owner now myself, have owned it since early June and was able to sell by '04 G sedan on a private sale. I got $8500 and it had 157K miles on it.

Anyways, the mileage on the CT is higher than the EPA estimates. Using real math calcs (not the computer that's about 2 MPG higher) and I've been averaging 44-46 MPG on my regular commute and have gotten as high as 49 MPG on a 3-4 hour road trip with my wife & two kids plus bags in the car (with the AC on). I don't regret my decision getting the CT at all. I drive about 25K/year so this car is saving me about $2K in gas per year....it was a no-brainer.

lexusk8 - Are you over on Clublexus or CT200Hforum.com?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Sad to see clean sedan go, but the CT looks nice and you can't beat better mpg

Deff could've gotten more parting out though....

Old 08-26-2011, 11:29 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So hard to say goodbye...