G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Jdm power folding mirror question

Old 05-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Received 357 Likes on 258 Posts
I was just going to say use the switch normally, if you have the console.

I'm sure its POSSIBLE to mount it the other way (so the switch sits the same as the JDM one does), I didn't look at it that hard. Surely it's nothing a dremel can't handle, if you're not up for disassembling the switch then I'd recommend modding the USDM console piece to accomodate.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I have no problem wit taking the switch if i knew how to. I just need to know how to flip the LR 180 degrees on the jdm switch like jdm cain did.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by neo_anderson302
I have no problem wit taking the switch if i knew how to. I just need to know how to flip the LR 180 degrees on the jdm switch like jdm cain did.
I think I snapped a couple pics of that but I'm not sure.

And I'm talking about keeping the switch orientation the same and dremelling out the mounting surface side to accomodate the 180* change.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Idk. All I see is if you flip the switch to be upside down 180 both toggles are up side down with the fold button closer to the steering wheel. This is fine but I see in jdm cain pic that the LR button is right side up and the other button is upside down. This is one switch so im confused how u flip half of a whole switch. I want to dremel next to the steering wheel hub side. Also use the oem screw holes to mount the switch. If you have pics let me know, thanks

Old 05-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Idk. All I see is if you flip the switch to be upside down 180 both toggles are up side down with the fold button closer to the steering wheel. This is fine but I see in jdm cain pic that the LR button is right side up and the other button is upside down. This is one switch so im confused how u flip half of a whole switch. I want to dremel next to the steering wheel hub side. Also use the oem screw holes to mount the switch. If you have pics let me know, thanks
If you DON"T want to modify the mounting from USDM, then you do need to disassemble the switch assembly and turn the **** around like Chris and I did (JDM Cain)

Pictures won't really help, you have to take the housing of the switch assembly apart, note where evertything is and don't let anything fall out of place.

Then there's a spring against the **** that needs to be compressed and turned 90* then it comes out, turn it 180* put it back in and turn it 90* to lock it back in, reassemble.

Note the toggle switch for the fold mirrors does ha ve a spring tab/locator pin, make sure this is alligned during reassembly.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:46 PM

How you flip the toggle button right side up when the whole switch is up side down?

See pic

Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the coupe switch is different than the sedan, but ya they are out there. every coupe and sedan in japan has folding mirrors.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 AM

How you flip the toggle button right side up when the whole switch is up side down?

See pic
What? The toggle switch is upside-down in both those pictures.

When you turn the whole assembly 180* so that it fits in the USDM console piece, you need to turn the L/R **** 180* also so that it's right-side-up again.

leave the toggle switch alone.

If you really wanted to (I might), you can pop the toggle cover piece off and turn it around too. Either way you need to test which is fold in/out before you connect the wires, changing the switch orientation won't make a difference.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:49 PM
I think I confused you. I'm talking about the L/R **** the whole time. I can care less about the fold/toggle button being upside down. I just want to know how to flip the L/R **** right side up when the switch is upside down to fit in the usdm console.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by tunermax
pictures won't really help, you have to take the housing of the switch assembly apart, note where evertything is and don't let anything fall out of place.

Then there's a spring against the **** that needs to be compressed and turned 90* then it comes out, turn it 180* put it back in and turn it 90* to lock it back in, reassemble.

Note the toggle switch for the fold mirrors does ha ve a spring tab/locator pin, make sure this is alligned during reassembly.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:33 PM
I took the toggle switch out. I see it can't be flip b.c of the bulb, and the level arm. I tried to release the spring. I push the **** in and turn to the left and right but its still not popping off. It just springs out.
It only lets me go about 45* or so when I have it compressed.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I took the toggle switch out. I see it can't be flip b.c of the bulb, and the level arm. I tried to release the spring. I push the **** in and turn to the left and right but its still not popping off. It just springs out.
It only lets me go about 45* or so when I have it compressed.
Take a picture.

There may be a retaining ring/clip like a snap ring or something that you have to remove.

I don't have pics man sorry I can't help you much more at this juncture. In a while I'll be able to take the time to take a switch apart and take pics of the whole thing, but I'm way too swamped to do that right now.

If you take pictures of it disassembled and post them I'll be able to walk you though it though.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Take a picture.

There may be a retaining ring/clip like a snap ring or something that you have to remove.

I don't have pics man sorry I can't help you much more at this juncture. In a while I'll be able to take the time to take a switch apart and take pics of the whole thing, but I'm way too swamped to do that right now.

If you take pictures of it disassembled and post them I'll be able to walk you though it though.
Ok I will. I just thought you already did it before. I assume you have right?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Received 467 Likes on 227 Posts
I switched the internals....i kept the USDM ****, and added the JDM switch. Its easy....

The following users liked this post:
TunerMax (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Ok I will. I just thought you already did it before. I assume you have right?
Yes but as JDM_Cain mentioned below, I recall it being quite simple and straight forward. As such, I didn't really remember any specifics of it, I just did it. If it was hard, then I would have remembered.

Originally Posted by JDM_Cain
I switched the internals....i kept the USDM ****, and added the JDM switch. Its easy....
Thanks for chiming in, I was assuming you did the same type thing I did.

Anyways. I am stuck in training today so I re-checked my auto-fold triggers, and now that I've got them tracked down, I should have the auto fold done tonight

This means I can finally put the kick panel back in my car hopefully if everything works as planned. Looking forward to the automatic fold shenanigans

Last edited by TunerMax; 05-31-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jdm power folding mirror question