G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Jdm power folding mirror question

Old 05-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Yes but as JDM_Cain mentioned below, I recall it being quite simple and straight forward. As such, I didn't really remember any specifics of it, I just did it. If it was hard, then I would have remembered.

Thanks for chiming in, I was assuming you did the same type thing I did.

Anyways. I am stuck in training today so I re-checked my auto-fold triggers, and now that I've got them tracked down, I should have the auto fold done tonight

This means I can finally put the kick panel back in my car hopefully if everything works as planned. Looking forward to the automatic fold shenanigans
Good luck!

Old 05-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_Cain
I switched the internals....i kept the USDM ****, and added the JDM switch. Its easy....
You mined expecting just a lil in detail (PM or post). I know how to take the frame off and the green backing that shows the circuity. Other then that, I'm lost. I dont want to broke anything, this is the last part for me . Thanks.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Received 357 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by neo_anderson302
You mined expecting just a lil in detail (PM or post). I know how to take the frame off and the green backing that shows the circuity. Other then that, I'm lost. I dont want to broke anything, this is the last part for me . Thanks.
Well that's simple. Take the old USDM one apart.

Learn on that. It's the same except for the toggle switch.

Turn the **** on that for practise.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Ok I got it apart. (JDM switch)

1. you take off the cage
2. pop off the fold mirror button.
3. twist out the bulb
4. Take the green circuit board off

Stop there so far.

Ok heres a question I swap out just the L/R button or everthing that makes up the L/R switch?

Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 PM
I just turned the **** for L/R 180*. That's literally all you have to do.

You're making this WAY more complex than it needs to be my man.

Step 2, 3, and 4 are NOT necessary, at all.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Come to Papa

Ok now I know how to assemble and disassemble the switccccchhhhhhhh!

So heres a few things I want to understand.

Could you just rotate the jdm **** 180* and put everything back together and serve the same purpose as switching the "internals"

Will the **** function as being upside down which it is but only look rightside up or it will also work rightside up.

I dont understand the need to change the guts because if you flipped the usdm switch upside down it would look like the jdm one without the fold button. So all you really need to do is rotate to L/R **** 180*

Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 PM
On a good note, I got my AUTO feature wiring all done tonight. Man it's sweet.

I still have to wire the switch into the circuit but that's a cake walk now. I've also got to replace the Driverside Folding Motor, the one they sent me doesn't close up all the way, it was defective from the moment I got it but I didn't realize it was supposed to fold more until it was already installed.....

Anyways, things are looking very good on this one I will post up a small Thread with a video on the AUTO feature, to keep it separate from the simple install.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Could you just rotate the jdm **** 180* and put everything back together?
So all you really need to do is rotate to L/R **** 180*

Dude,
I've said this about 7 times now. JUST TURN THE ****ING **** 180* AND WALK AWAY

Will the **** function as being upside down which it is but only look rightside up or it will also work rightside up.
It makes no difference to mirror selection, It's a circular **** that you're TURNING 180*.

When you want the LEFT mirror on, you're going to turn the **** LEFT. It makes no difference what location the lettering/indicator is when sitting static, LEFT is STILL LEFT, RIGHT IS STILL RIGHT.

It will however invert the adjustment, which is far from a big deal.
You can fix this by swapping everything over to the USDM one, or, switching the 3 wires around in the harness. Or you can just get used to it inverted, I prefer it that way personally.

Then put those mirrors in SON!!!! And enjoy

Last edited by TunerMax; 01-01-2022 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:08 AM
On a good note, I got my AUTO feature wiring all done tonight. Man it's sweet.

I still have to wire the switch into the circuit but that's a cake walk now. I've also got to replace the Driverside Folding Motor, the one they sent me doesn't close up all the way, it was defective from the moment I got it but I didn't realize it was supposed to fold more until it was already installed.....

Anyways, things are looking very good on this one I will post up a small Thread with a video on the AUTO feature, to keep it separate from the simple install.
Can't wait for the magic!

Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 AM

Dude, you're going to make me shoot myself in the face.
I've said this about 7 times now. JUST TURN THE ****ING **** 180* AND WALK AWAY

It makes no difference to mirror selection, It's a circular **** that you're TURNING 180*.

When you want the LEFT mirror on, you're going to turn the **** LEFT. It makes no difference what location the lettering/indicator is when sitting static, LEFT is STILL LEFT, RIGHT IS STILL RIGHT.

It will however invert the adjustment, which is far from a big deal.
You can fix this by swapping everything over to the USDM one, or, switching the 3 wires around in the harness. Or you can just get used to it inverted, I prefer it that way personally.

Then put those mirrors in SON!!!! And enjoy
I just got confused by you saying flip the **** and cain saying he change the insides. Man I'm still ways away for getting them ready. I have to ruun wire through the doors, cut and splice the wires. Take my pass. mirror off and apart and the jdm one. I broke the glass and I'm replace it oh and dremel. I say a good 5hrs to make it look clean. Next saturday is my goal.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I just turned the **** for L/R 180*. That's literally all you have to do.

You're making this WAY more complex than it needs to be my man.

Step 2, 3, and 4 are NOT necessary, at all.
I switched the guts and it works great. When I flipped the jdm **** 180 it didnt work b.c that white piece didnt line up right. I made the mirror move when I didnt toggle the switch.

So I used the USDM Frame, JDM circuit, JDM switch, USDM toggle pieces and **** flipped 180*

I like the inverted mirror adjustment

Old 06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I switched the guts and it works great. When I flipped the jdm **** 180 it didnt work b.c that white piece didnt line up right. I made the mirror move when I didnt toggle the switch.

So I used the USDM Frame, JDM circuit, JDM switch, USDM toggle pieces and **** flipped 180*

I like the inverted mirror adjustment
Interesting good info post pics with info if you have them!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 PM
finally hooked up one of the mirrors (driverside) It really looks nice. Didnt realize how close the mirror comes to the window.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Multi-Bump for the new thread with straight up answers

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ml#post6702773

Old 03-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll want to read through this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...e-mirrors.html
Some of my pre-lim pics and info for my DIY are in there. I also explained the Defrost element hook up in minor detail, as I wanted to hook mine up also, and did.

All of the wires are the same colour. You'll have a total of 3 extra wires on the JDM switch.

1 is black, it's for your Illumination Ground, because the JDM switch has a light and the USDM one doesn't. This can either be left disconnected, or if you want the light, you'll need to tap into any one of your illumination circuits on the Ground side. The dimmer is closest but hardest to hook up, I recommend the Cig lighter illumination, it's closer and easier to figure out.

The other 2 wires are the outputs to the Mirrors for folding. These are Neutral wires, they work just like your power window motor.

When you want to fold in, one is + the other is -
When you want to fold out, they reverse.

So all you need to do, to have this work in it's most basic form:

Splice the new JDM window switch harness into the USDM harness, use all the same wires and terminals, do not cross any wires.

Now you have 3 left over wires on the JDM harness.

disregard the black one, and hook the other two up to your window motors. You'll need to test which is fold in and which is fold out. this is simple enough to do once you run your wires.

I didn't know about it either. All I knew was I wanted them to function automatically. After doing some digging I found out that that's an option for the JDM V35's, this auto feature, and that's where the relays come in with this whole thing.

I'll be hooking mine up just a bit different though, I'm going to have my mirrors:

Lock = Fold in
Unlock = Fold out

The key in ignition "on" makes sense (how they did it OEM), but I want it fully controlled via remote. And parking isn't that tight that I'll need them folded in while entering/exiting the car.

All this talk about it is making me want to go wire those relays in and get the auto feature working
Hey did you ever have any luck with this? I'm really interested in this I have an 07 coupe but I'm DREADING doing electrical work.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jdm power folding mirror question