First Gen (03-06) G35 Sedan Tips/Tricks/Facts You May Not Know - Page 9 - G35Driver
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

First Gen (03-06) G35 Sedan Tips/Tricks/Facts You May Not Know

Old 03-16-2015, 10:41 AM

traction control

I installed a switch that turns off both traction control systems not just vdc like the button you already have, lift up the console around the gear shifter and the yaw sensor will be under where the passenger side cup holder would be, unplug it. It will say do not drop on it, then cut the orange wire and wire up a toggle switch. Now you can turn off all traction control and drift on dry pavement even if your all stock, I've done it. But unless you wire up a relay like I did you have to turn the car completely off then hit the switch the other way to turn it back on and when you turn the key back on and crank it your traction control will be on again. Also I always leave my key in the ignition with it cranked or not and lock it when I get out to go into the gas station and it will lock and unlock with the car cranked from the fob.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:00 AM

Old 03-22-2016, 09:05 AM

Old 06-06-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
I installed a switch that turns off both traction control systems not just vdc like the button you already have, lift up the console around the gear shifter and the yaw sensor will be under where the passenger side cup holder would be, unplug it. It will say do not drop on it, then cut the orange wire and wire up a toggle switch. Now you can turn off all traction control and drift on dry pavement even if your all stock, I've done it. But unless you wire up a relay like I did you have to turn the car completely off then hit the switch the other way to turn it back on and when you turn the key back on and crank it your traction control will be on again. Also I always leave my key in the ignition with it cranked or not and lock it when I get out to go into the gas station and it will lock and unlock with the car cranked from the fob.
Do you have a lsd, welded or stock diff