G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan
View Poll Results: Which option best fits your reasoning for buying the sedan?
The sedan visually and functionally fit my needs best.
51.19%
I'd rather have a coupe, but it is too impractical.
36.90%
If the coupe had AWD I would have bought it.
11.90%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Have Rather Bought the Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GAWDog
...with a dealer installed glossy wood package.
What does this package consist of, any pics?

Old 12-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've posted some interior pics at:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/newgee

This wasn't the factory package since it's missing some additional elements. I believe this was added by the dealer and only includes the added wood trim.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Good story GawDog...

I wanted the coupe at first, but not enough head room.... *%&$* my 6'-4" frame..

But Now that I've had my Sedan for 2 years and with some 19" Rims, Stillen Exhuast, Nismo Suspension and Nismo Body Kit... Who needs a coupe :P

Plus it helps with fact that I just bought a 350Z Roadster for fun on the weekends Surprisingly the 350Z has more head room then the G35 Coupe... Go figure..

Old 12-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GAWDog
I've posted some interior pics at:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/newgee

This wasn't the factory package since it's missing some additional elements. I believe this was added by the dealer and only includes the added wood trim.
That looks good, thanks for posting the pic's, yeah, factory is just the door handles and the shift ****, that is what mine is, I like the wood touch it adds.

Old 12-25-2004, 11:41 PM
I still want a coupe to this day...but I would never get rid of my sedan! The coupe would be a buy purely on looks.

With all the mods I have done, I have enough power and sporty feel of a coupe already (just waiting on JWT's TT ). Having 4 doors and rear seats that are actually funtional is the real reason the sedan is better.

Plus, I still love that some people don't know what a G35 is and they see this 4 door go zooming by !!!! (I guess it doesn't help that I had my emblems, and doggy door shaved off, side moldings removed and patched...not to mention my grill is black...but still)

like i said, the coupe would have to be in addition to the sedan. but if i was buying a 2-door, i think i could wait for the new "supra" (whatever they decide to call it) to be released

Old 12-26-2004, 03:06 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by coolie
I still want a coupe to this day...but I would never get rid of my sedan! The coupe would be a buy purely on looks.

With all the mods I have done, I have enough power and sporty feel of a coupe already (just waiting on JWT's TT ). Having 4 doors and rear seats that are actually funtional is the real reason the sedan is better.

Plus, I still love that some people don't know what a G35 is and they see this 4 door go zooming by !!!! (I guess it doesn't help that I had my emblems, and doggy door shaved off, side moldings removed and patched...not to mention my grill is black...but still)

like i said, the coupe would have to be in addition to the sedan. but if i was buying a 2-door, i think i could wait for the new "supra" (whatever they decide to call it) to be released
along the same theme, i have enough bolt ons equating to 245 hp and tq and have walked on auto 350zs...........folks usually don't even know what my car is cause it's debagged except for the fuji symbol...
.......back to topic...sedan suits me just fine with wifey and three kids(7,5 and 3)...............to me, the sedans looks very clean and mean when sitting on 18s w/245-45s and dropped with Tien springs it's docile putting around town, but drop the hammer, intake and exhaust combo comes to life big time........ besides, i personally like these funky one of a kind "rectangular" tailights.....
if it's a two door.......i likey the new RX-7, whenever they come out....i'll take mine with 3 rotors please! , then it'll be Supra vs RX-7 all over again, in another forumn of coures

Old 12-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by coolie

Most of the pics I've seen have been modified coupes - would love to see some photos of more aggressive sedans...any out there?

Old 12-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Here are some pics I just took. As you will see, it snowed last night (I'm in Chicago). Also, you will notice my dedication to this site and it's members as I started by taking pics from inside, but went outside in my shorts to snap some nice shots...dedication/stupidity, whatever

Click <a href="http://www.shaunmathur.com/_images/12-26-04_G35_Pics">Here</a>

Some mods you'll notice...
05 Taillights
18x8 Volk GTC Gun Metal Wheels on 245/45/18s
Tinted Windows
Custom Mesh Grill
Shaved Rear Emblems and "Doggy Door"
Removed Side moldings and patched holes

Some mods/accesories you won't notice...
TEIN FLEX and EDFC
Stillen cat-back
Eibach Sway bars
Z-Tube
JWT Pop-Charger
V1, G-Tech, iPod (gotta have the electronics!)

there are more, but I can't remember right now

Anyway, I hope you can see why I would keep my sedan
(btw, KALI G 35 means BLACK G35)

Old 12-26-2004, 11:30 AM
It's interesting reading the posts from you Sedan owners. From my perspective as a Coupe owner I'm suffering the same "Grass-is-greener" syndrome.

Everytime I see a sedan I start questioning whether I made the right choice. I would love to have the additional doors, more trunk room and better seating positions that you enjoy in your sedans. It would have been much more practical and fit my needs better but I gave in to my lust for the coupe and will continue to question did I make the right decision.

I'm sure glad it's time for my wife to get a new car. Now for my new dillemma, whether to get the Sedan or wait for the M35...

Old 12-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
Back in march of 03, I located the only ready for sale 6MT coupe in the five western states at the time. I called the dealer and reserved the car, then showed up 2 hours latter with a check to drive off with it. Much to my surprise when I drove it, it was no where as fun to drive as the Z, a 05 sport suspension equipped car it was not. I was still willing to buy it, but my tall torso ment my head was jammed in the ceiling because it had a sun roof like pretty much all coupes do. I sat in that thing for over a hour rationalizing how I could live with negitive head room. I apologized, collected my check and walked away. My sedan has served me well, but the coupe would still serve my eye's a whole lot better. I would have a 350Z first and foremost, but my wife steadfastly refused to let me bring one home.
Your name and info show Sedan but you say you got the coupe. I have the 6MT Sedan no sunroof and I have a good 3 inches before my head hits the roof (I'm 6' tall).

Old 12-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by SoCalG35C
It's interesting reading the posts from you Sedan owners. From my perspective as a Coupe owner I'm suffering the same "Grass-is-greener" syndrome.

Everytime I see a sedan I start questioning whether I made the right choice. I would love to have the additional doors, more trunk room and better seating positions that you enjoy in your sedans. It would have been much more practical and fit my needs better but I gave in to my lust for the coupe and will continue to question did I make the right decision.

I'm sure glad it's time for my wife to get a new car. Now for my new dillemma, whether to get the Sedan or wait for the M35...
I like the looks of the Coupe but also the Sedan. I own the 6MT Sedan and eat Stang GT's (4 wins 1 tie). It's a blast owning a 4 door sleeper, you should see the look on peoples faces when you blow by them in a 4 door.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:32 PM
I think sports sedan is the better looking type of vehicle. Not because of any practicality reason, I simply like the sedan's look more than coupe's. In my opinion the coupe is too fat and round with almost no rear bumper. Many people love the coupe's look, but not as much to me.