G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Picked up my 2005 g35x today!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Picked up my 2005 g35x today!!!!!!!

Picked up my 2005 g35x black/black today!!! Didn't really get to drive it too much. Just 50 miles so far. Couldn't really test it because it's still in the break-in period. Now I really miss driving manual. Spend most of the day using the self-shiftingtronic, but it's just not the same. Good and bad. Good at least because there's an alternative besides the "D" gear. I can probably drive the whole day using self shift mode. At least on shelf-shift, it holds it in the gear (except if you step on the brake, then it downshifts for you sometimes). It's better than nothing. This car must be flying if equipped with 6mt. Anyway, too bad they don't have manual for awd. Still have my old manual accord but doubt I'll be driving the accord anytime soon. As far as the car goes, it's very nice. Interior definitely improved by alot versus the 04's (nothing against the 04's) but the real aluminum, cd with mp3, round lights in back, etc, makes alot of differences). The real aluminum really makes it compete with the Acura's and BMW's interior now. I didn't get the premium package, just sunroof and trunk mat so I am missing some buttons here and there. The Xenon lights looks pretty damn good. The smell of leather is awesome!!! Hehehe....why couldn't they have manual for awd. I would die for that. The car is nice and fast, geezzzzzzzzz, I miss manual transmission. The brakes are new and when I step out of the car each time today I smelled like the brake pads are smoking or something.

Attached Thumbnails Picked up my 2005 g35x today!!!!!!!-dsc00036.jpg   Picked up my 2005 g35x today!!!!!!!-dsc00044.jpg   Picked up my 2005 g35x today!!!!!!!-dsc00033.jpg  
Old 12-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks real nice Mikeee.

Old 12-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice!!! Always glad to welcome a new owner to the fold. I too think it's a big mistake for Infiniti to leave out the manual option. Personally, I'm glad to have the auto, I'm no Parnelli Jones and traffic here in Seattle would be torture with a manual. (I did the manual thing for 10 years in an Acura Legend.) Just the same, so many folks like you have wanted the AWD/Manual combination that I think it's a serious oversight on Infiniti's part.

Enjoy your new car. Everytime I drive my G35X, I feel lucky to have such a nice car!

Cale

Old 12-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by calejohnson
Nice!!! Always glad to welcome a new owner to the fold. I too think it's a big mistake for Infiniti to leave out the manual option. Personally, I'm glad to have the auto, I'm no Parnelli Jones and traffic here in Seattle would be torture with a manual. (I did the manual thing for 10 years in an Acura Legend.) Just the same, so many folks like you have wanted the AWD/Manual combination that I think it's a serious oversight on Infiniti's part.

Enjoy your new car. Everytime I drive my G35X, I feel lucky to have such a nice car!

Cale
Yup, I think Infiniti is not treating the "x" model as well as the rwd's. 20 less horsespower because of automatic, plus NOT even option for sport tune or bigger tires. I drove a bit more before. Sweet ride but I haven't felt the power yet because I've been shifting at around 4,000 rpm...hehe. I am so afraid that if I get too comfortable with automatic that I won't know how to drive stick anymore...haha. I was looking for the HAND BRAKE before...haha. I didn't know what to do with my right hand and left foot now. This is coming from driving 13+ years of manual transmissioin. This is the first automatic car that I own.

Old 12-25-2004, 01:44 AM
Question for you guys. Do you actually use the foot brake when you park the car? Coming from driving manuals all the time, it's a must to pull the hand brake after parking. I've always though automatics, P means parking brake applied??? Then what the heck is the foot brake for? Do I need to use it?

Old 12-25-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Question for you guys. Do you actually use the foot brake when you park the car? Coming from driving manuals all the time, it's a must to pull the hand brake after parking. I've always though automatics, P means parking brake applied??? Then what the heck is the foot brake for? Do I need to use it?
Only use it on steep inclines.

Old 12-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
And...is there a downside to using the parking brake all the time? I use mine every time I put the car into Park. Kind of like an automatic reaction. Am I wearing out components early, or causing damage to something?

Old 12-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 04_G35XPN
And...is there a downside to using the parking brake all the time? I use mine every time I put the car into Park. Kind of like an automatic reaction. Am I wearing out components early, or causing damage to something?
Actually it's the best thing you can do to keep it working properly.
There is mechanical linkage to activate the brake & if it's not used frequently,
it will break down sooner. They usally get seized up on a car that the
owner doesn't use the brake.
Also it takes the pressure off the stop cog in the tranny.

In other words it's good to use it a lot.

Old 12-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
There is mechanical linkage to activate the brake & if it's not used frequently,

Very good points inTgr8r, I wish I could teach myself that. I keep saying I am going to start using it all the time ,but I only remember on hills to keep undue stress off parking mechanism.
Wayne

Old 12-25-2004, 07:14 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sweet lookin' ride bro. Congrats and enjoy.

Old 12-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r

Hmmm...that's very interesting. I mean almost everyone I know that owns an automatic doesn't use it. Some might actually use the hand brake since it's there already. But as for foot brake, doubt anyone I know uses it.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:14 AM
I've driven an automatic car for the past 9 years and I only use the parking brake when on steep inclines, mostly for the fact that I don't want to forget that it is engaged if I use it every time and mess the car up even more by driving with it on.

Great car BTW, looks so nice n new. What are the planes for it?

Why do people like manual transmissions so much, I don't understand? Not having to shift gives you less to worry about when you are driving, unless you are racing the vehicle 1/4 mile times realy don't matter, the mileage isn't that much different, and in traffic it must be horrible to control.

Old 12-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Neil
I've driven an automatic car for the past 9 years and I only use the parking brake when on steep inclines, mostly for the fact that I don't want to forget that it is engaged if I use it every time and mess the car up even more by driving with it on.

Great car BTW, looks so nice n new. What are the planes for it?

Why do people like manual transmissions so much, I don't understand? Not having to shift gives you less to worry about when you are driving, unless you are racing the vehicle 1/4 mile times realy don't matter, the mileage isn't that much different, and in traffic it must be horrible to control.
Well, let's start with the fact that manual gets the 18 more horses. I mean I love my car but it'll be "even" better if it's manual. Why people like manual? Just imagine cruising on the local streets at around 40mph. It's free flowing traffic and assuming the speed limit is 40mph. In other words, you would gas it till 40mph, let go of gas, step on it again...then where theres a car in front of you and then off and on the gas yet you are still maintaing 40mph. During all this time, the transmission would upshift for you everytime you let go of the gas. It's unnecessary shifts and more wear and tear on the transmission. If you were driving a manual, all this time you could be on 4th gear and not shift ONCE. This is just one of the reasons I drive in self-shift mode. Of course not counting the merging power in the highway when you pop into the gear you want. I mean it's totally different. I have yet to get used to an automatic coming from driving 13+ years of manual. I find myself looking for things to do for my left foot and well as my right hand. But it's all good. The g35x still have plenty of horses for an automatic to pass most of the cars on the road. As for the plans for the car, no plans at all, if any. I do not want to modify a car that has automatic transmission. Especially something that is visible. At most maybe drop in a k&n filter or new wheels or something and that's about it. Like what I was saying. I have nothing against automatic but just that I love manual alot and if given a choice I would buy a manual awd version but they don't have it and I do need an awd because I live in NY.

Old 12-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Yeah I don't have anything against manuals either, was just wondering. For me it is just a lot of extra work, but I just like to relax in my car and not have to worry about controlling things with both hands and feet

Good Luck with it.

Old 12-26-2004, 08:22 PM
I will not compromise and get an auto-When I get

my sedan, I will get a set of wheels and snow tires. Everything I have read leads me to believe that the snows will do the job. Yes, I wish the G35X came in a stick but unfortunately it doesn't and I want a G35 6 spd so snow tires it will be as I live in NJ and it can get snowy there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up my 2005 g35x today!!!!!!!