G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

A really rotten Christmas (someone violated my G)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry A really rotten Christmas (someone violated my G)!

I'm so ****** pissed. I had a horrible Christmas Eve. Around 6:30 in the morning, my GF and I woke to the sound of a car alarm going off. I looked out the window and didn't see lights flashing on my car, so I figured it must have been someone else's alarm.

We went out around 1pm to run a few errands when I saw that my driver window had been shattered all over the seats, floor and console, and the XM radio unit was stolen out of my car. Add to that the fact that this @sshole had to use a crowbar to pop the window, so there is a nice big, severe dent in the window pillar. I spent about 45 minutes vacuuming out glass out of the seats and floor in 10 degree Chicago weather. Ended up with bloody hands and prolly some frostbite, but at least I got the glass up without scratching the seat. Of course it was too cold for any tape to stick to the car, so all I could do was trap some plastic in the door jamb so no snow gets in. I can't friggin' drive anywhere.

Of course it had to happen on Xmas eve, so I can't get the window fixed until tomorrow. After that, I have to take it to a body shop to get the window pillar fixed. The kicker is that the @sshole wasn't able to pull out all the wiring and antenna, and didn't even have time to go into the glove box. Nothing else was stolen. Plus I called XM and reported the radio stolen so it's absolutely useless and I'm out my $250 deductible all for nothing. I really hate people.

So here's my question: why on earth weren't my taillights flashing?

Old 12-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Man that sucks

Dont let it ruin your holidays though, things could be much worse

Tinted windows are great theft deterrents.

Old 12-26-2004, 06:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear that. They will fix it up good as new.

As to the tail-lights not flashing: Try the alarm button on your keyfob. When mine is activated, the horn sounds intermitently, and the headlights blink, not the tail-lights.
There is only a blink in the rear lights (as well as the front turn signals) to confirm that the system is activated properly when you lock the doors.
Sorry.

Old 12-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Reply to topic post.

That sucks but at least you're alive unlike 11,000+ other people since 24 hours ago.

Old 12-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Sorry to hear that. They will fix it up good as new.

As to the tail-lights not flashing: Try the alarm button on your keyfob. When mine is activated, the horn sounds intermitently, and the headlights blink, not the tail-lights.
There is only a blink in the rear lights (as well as the front turn signals) to confirm that the system is activated properly when you lock the doors.
Sorry.
Exactly. Page 2-16 in the 2004 owner's manual states:

The security system will give the following alarm:

* The headlights blink and the horn sounds intermittently.

I just tested mine by getting inside, arming, waiting 30 seconds, then manually unlocking and opening the door. Headlights and horn, no tail-lights.

Sorry to hear about the incident. Good luck with repairs!

Old 12-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Make sure that the company fixing your windows for you clean out all of the glass inside the door. If there's any stuck on the vinyl molding, tracks, etc, this could end up scratching your newly installed window. Good luck w/ the repairs!

Old 12-26-2004, 10:52 PM
That really sucks. It's amazing though how well auto body shops can put your car back together. I've unfortunately had 3 somewhat similar experiences with my old SAAB and the car looked like new when I got it back from the shop. Keep your spirits up and don't let the d**kheads get you down.

Old 12-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear that man! My Christmas gift (bashed fender, and paint damage) pales in comparison - more like a stocking stuffer of sorts.

I hope the mother ****ers burn in hell.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:00 AM
OEM alarm is really only good for keeping the car from being stolen (immobolizer), not for keeping the car from being broken into. You should get (or add) a shock alarm.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Speaking of aftermarket alarms, does installation void the warranty of the G35? Has anyone looked into this? I was thinking of getting a Viper alarm with a remote start, and I know there's a lot of wire splicing involved.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 12-27-2004, 05:44 AM
An aftermarket alarm will not void your warranty in any way.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks everyone, especially xswl. I had to laugh when I read "shock alarm." Seems like a good idea. Yeah, it sucks but overall I had a great xmas otherwise and I am lucky everyone is healthy. Hope you all are having great holidays.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Hehe, by "shock alarm", I of course meant "shock sensor alarm" :P

Although you may be interested in something like this: http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/

Old 12-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xswl0931
Hehe, by "shock alarm", I of course meant "shock sensor alarm" :P

Although you may be interested in something like this: http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/
Damn, that would stop them for sure, I can see the lawyers lining up now!

Old 12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeh, That would be cool.

I personally would choose the flame thrower version like we've seen posted b4. I believe it was installed on a vehicle in south Africa, if memory serves.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A really rotten Christmas (someone violated my G)!