G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just picked up the 2005 AT Sedan!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked up the 2005 AT Sedan!

Hey guys,

New here and I can't begin to tell you how much my wife and I enjoy this car. The new 2005 Sedan is great. I have a couple of co-workers that have an 03 Coupe and an 04 coupe. They love them. I just wanted to chime in here and say Hi to everyone and especially to those in Southern California!

We got a GREAT deal with the help of a friends hookup, and the wife got all that she wanted. This is her car, but I'm glad she got a car that I can enjoy driving when we take it out. Believe you me, with the prices of gas nowadays we will be taking her G out every chance we get since my gas guzzling 9mpg (miles per gallon) truck and my motorcycle are impracticle for long drives.

She was in the market for a new car and she at first enjoyed the 05 TL. I was impressed with the NAV unit, as I'm a computer geek, but the leg room and ride was not all that impressive. We left to find the G35 and she was immediately in love with that car. I have to say that I did a bunch of research on these cars and this is what I found:

Added 20hp in 2005 - a big plus
Intellikey - Frivolously fun, but handy at times
NAV - I wanted but the wife didn't need = she won and no NAV in car
Leather - more plush than 2004
Automatic telescoping steering wheel and gauge cluster - really hand when the wife is only 5'0" and I'm 5'9"
Woodgrain dash - REAL wood used and not cheap vinyl overlay (impressed me)
Shifter surrounded with leather boot - classier look
Mp3 capable radio - I currently have 400 songs on 2 CD-RW's in the radio and my wife LOVES it
7 spoke Coupe wheels - nice look over stock 04 rims
Tail light clusters redesigned to look like coupe - HUGE difference aesthetically
Painted Matched side sills and front and rear lower bumpers - Very nice stock feature for 05
Hood lines and front bumper redesign - VERY sleek looking now IMO

For the money and the car, it is a GREAT value. This maybe an entry level luxury car, but in my eyes I would rather have this than pay WAY too much for a "luxury" car. Besides it is REALLY fun to drive.

Here are a few pics of our car and if you notice the picture in the middle with the sign in the background, yes it was her Christmas gift to herself!

Attached Thumbnails Just picked up the 2005 AT Sedan!-frontrightprofile.jpg   Just picked up the 2005 AT Sedan!-frontleftprofile.jpg   Just picked up the 2005 AT Sedan!-rearleftprofile.jpg  

Last edited by sirwrenchsalot; 12-29-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:54 PM
Wow! looks sharp. Do you have tints on it?

Old 12-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Talking

Yeah we had the windows tinted at the dealer (that way anything goes wrong we can talk to them about it). 35% on the front two windows and 20% on the back 3 windows. It makes a HUGE difference in terms of heat, but also makes it look BETTER. Thanks for the reply!

I also enjoy taking pictures as a hobby, so I decided to wash the car only after having it for a week (hee hee) and I took pictures with my Digital Rebel SLR 6.3MP camera with Circular Polarizer filter on to reduce most of the glare during the daytime shots .

Last edited by sirwrenchsalot; 12-29-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee. Congrats!...I thought about tinting too. But I have a black/black. If I would to add tint then it's kinda like a mob car you know...hehe. But tint does help in the summer. I probably would tint if I've gotten a different color car. Did you chrome the rims?

Old 12-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here are a few pics of our car and if you notice the picture in the middle with the sign in the background, yes it was her Christmas gift to herself!
That's cool, my '04 was my Birthday present to myself last year!

Old 12-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Hey sirwrenchsalot,

Nice way to summarize the pluses for you and your wife. I'm really glad to welcome you to a group of owners that really love their cars. I hope a lot of prospective buyers read your post and decide that the 05 G35 is the right choice for them.

In the meantime, I'll just have to suffer with my "not as good as an 05 G35" and "not yet a year old" 04 G35X.

Cale

Old 12-30-2004, 01:50 AM
The purpose of me writing this thread was to just chime in with all the other G35 owners out there about how much they love their cars, whether it be an 03, 04, or 05. I can tell from the quality and attention that Nissan put into their cars in this model. I'm not normaly an import car guy, but I have to agree that I enjoy this car VERY much, even if it IS my wife's. .

To answer to a previous question, she did have the stock rims chromed out(not my choice) as I wanted to put aftermarket wheels on it, but I lost that battle. Oh well.

I'm sure that you will get a GREAT driving experience out of your G35x

I'm glad to be here among so many other car enthusiasts.

Old 12-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee. Congrats!...I thought about tinting too. But I have a black/black. If I would to add tint then it's kinda like a mob car you know...hehe. But tint does help in the summer. I probably would tint if I've gotten a different color car. Did you chrome the rims?
Just a quick note. My wife fell in love with originally an 04.5 G35 that was black on black with Birds Eye Maple dash (really knotty wood for those who don't know) that had tinted windows as dark as ours. The car also sat on 19" wheels that were black with a polised lip. The car had only the premium package with sport suspension and aero kit. It looked good, but I recommended to her that she look at an 05 since we were getting such a GREAT deal on the car and also because that if she bought it, she would've been asked if it were her husbands car. It was a VERY sweet ride, but not for a female.

My point was that the tint on a black G35 with black interior looked really good, not to mention how helpful it would be in the summer time when the months are warm(here in Southern California).

Old 12-30-2004, 03:24 AM
sirwrenchsalot,

Would you mind sharing how much you paid and at which dealer?

Old 12-30-2004, 03:58 AM
Not at all. Ok according to Edmunds.com with everything except the spoiler and window tinting added into the price, we should've paid around $36,452 for it not including tax/license fees. We got everything including the spoiler added and window tinting + Tax/License for $36K OTD. The price for the vehicle base was for the Diamond Graphite on Graphite leather, with the Premium C package was for $31K which is what the dealer invoice was. The additional things that were put on the car were at their cost as well.

Keep in mind that because I know a Sales Manager at a high end dealership that's been a friend for 28yrs who knows the General manager of the dealership we went to was that price given to us. I know that sounds like a roundabout way of getting a deal, but this is how I was able to get hooked up on the vehicle. We were given the choice to either get the 2004 at $1K UNDER their dealer invoice at 1.9% finance or a 2005 AT their invoice (actual dealer invoice and not the "dealer invoice" papers shown) and 3.2% rate. My wife toiled between a tricked out BRAND new 04 on the showroom floor or an 05 model. The main reason why she went with the 05 was that we got the payments around the same as the 04 and when she test drove the 04 the aftermarket exhaust they had put on it (brand name unknown due to lack of attention on my part) was "too loud"(but that's because she's girl and doesn't know any better )

I hope that helped.

Last edited by sirwrenchsalot; 12-30-2004 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Thanks, sirwrenchsalot.. although I dont think it helps my situation much since I dont know a GM at any dealer .. but I'm glad you got a good price.. hopefully I'll be able to get a comparable deal when I hit the dealerships.. thanks again

Old 12-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Congrats man! That's a beautiful car,I really like the rear lights on the 05's as it looks sharp.Speakin' about tints man I just got hit by the POPO last week and had the front sides taken out That and a speeding ticket I've only had my G for barely 2 months too........ARGHHHHH! BTW..ENJOY your ride!

Old 12-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new car. I've got pretty much the same car. Still waiting to find some time to get my windows tinted. Funny that I was gonna do pretty much the same %. Have fun w/ it. I've managed to put 2000 miles in 3 weeks on mine...

Old 12-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Congrats!
I have 51K on my 2003.0 ride and still love driving it as much as I did when I took it off the lot.

That is a really awesome deal you got on your car (wifes car ). I paid just a little under that when I got mine. (purchased in August 2002)

Ive added the tail lights off of the 2005 to my G because I liked them so much I had to have them
Good call on the tint too. I went and got the same setup you have this past summer. Made a difference when the family and I took a trip down south.

Welcome to the site and have fun drivin this mechanical beauty!

Old 12-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Ratboo, I'm sorry to hear about your ticket! Since this is my wife's car I'm sure she will not get a speeding ticket or drive this car as it was meant to be driven....hee hee . What can I say, except that it will only get driven the right way when she is not in the car with me (rare occasions).

As for the tailights, I really liked the restyled look on them as well! Real big kicker for me when I saw the '05.

As for the rest of everyone here, thanks for the warm greetings and welcomes. Glad to see car enthusiasts that aren't EXCLUSIVE JERKS as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just picked up the 2005 AT Sedan!