G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Gordgee's grounding kit or other kits?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Gordgee's grounding kit or other kits?

Planning on buying the Gordees grounding kit this week. Does anyone have any pros or cons from using this vendor. Any other kits that I should look into??

Old 02-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
We have two vendors here. Gordee and SxExC. Gordee was first with his design but i haven't heard about his stuff for a while. Last i talked to him was like 3 years back when i first bought my G35.

SxExC is on this site like hourly for the most part, so his CS is a lot better and faster. I haven't bought any of his products but plenty of people like his stuff.

I think blackbetty has a kit out as well.

I dont want to get into the whole does it work or not thing. I'll just say, i dont plan on running them for my car. But those are you main options. I think SxExC would be the one to buy from if you want one of these.

The following users liked this post:
SILVERAZG35 (02-05-2012)
Old 02-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
We have two vendors here. Gordee and SxExC. Gordee was first with his design but i haven't heard about his stuff for a while. Last i talked to him was like 3 years back when i first bought my G35.

SxExC is on this site like hourly for the most part, so his CS is a lot better and faster. I haven't bought any of his products but plenty of people like his stuff.

I think blackbetty has a kit out as well.

I dont want to get into the whole does it work or not thing. I'll just say, i dont plan on running them for my car. But those are you main options. I think SxExC would be the one to buy from if you want one of these.
Thank you for the response. I already contacted SxExC and from my understanding he only makes an 8 gauge kit and I really want a 4 gauge kit. Although SxExC stated that there is no distinguishable difference between the 4g or 8g, I am running a larger than normal stereo system and want to ensure that the ground is the best possible. I contacted Black Betty this week and he is not making them anymore, but has some leftover kits available still. Gordee's has a website and the name now is Grounding Gear LTD. I have been in contact with him and this is the route that I am leaning towards. Just want to make sure that others have had good experiences with his product and service. So far I am impressed with how thorough he is in our e-mail exchanges. Here is the link to his website http://www.groundinggear.com/Groundi...ome%20Page.htm

Thanks

Old 02-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by SILVERAZG35
Thank you for the response. I already contacted SxExC and from my understanding he only makes an 8 gauge kit and I really want a 4 gauge kit. Although SxExC stated that there is no distinguishable difference between the 4g or 8g, I am running a larger than normal stereo system and want to ensure that the ground is the best possible. I contacted Black Betty this week and he is not making them anymore, but has some leftover kits available still. Gordee's has a website and the name now is Grounding Gear LTD. I have been in contact with him and this is the route that I am leaning towards. Just want to make sure that others have had good experiences with his product and service. So far I am impressed with how thorough he is in our e-mail exchanges. Here is the link to his website http://www.groundinggear.com/Groundi...ome%20Page.htm

Thanks
If your that big into audio, why not have the guy installing your system to cut and create you some grounding wires. For car audio, you just gotta do the "big 3" that was the term in the 90's when i was look into things. The only difference should be the amount of wires one kit has and they go to things like the trans, ECU, BCM, which is mainly for engine performance not for audio performance.

JaE35 (02-05-2012)
Old 02-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Nothing but positives for Gordgee and his product, I run his 10-wire kit.

Invalid_User (02-05-2012)
Old 02-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Running Gordgee's 10 wire kit as well, with nothing but positive feedback for him.

I will add this, if you're running a large stereo system, you'll definitely notice a difference in volume thanks to the extra grounding.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by srv2nv
Running Gordgee's 10 wire kit as well, with nothing but positive feedback for him.

I will add this, if you're running a large stereo system, you'll definitely notice a difference in volume thanks to the extra grounding.
We'll see...I just ordered a grounding kit. Was going to build one myself, but managed to find one where the cost is not much more than the cost of parts.

Let's see if this is all placebo or not

Old 02-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i made a 5 wire one this weekend, i didnt really expect a noticeable difference but it definately feels more responsive and the stereo got a little louder. it cost me about 24 dollars

Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
i made my own 14 wire kit with gold terminals and everything is solder good for no loose connections over time with shrink tube and it only cost me 45$ gold terminals are a little expensive but well worth it

watch out for some of the kits out there most of them are copper terminals and use crimping instead of soldering

Old 02-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by artsVQ
i made my own 14 wire kit with gold terminals and everything is solder good for no loose connections over time with shrink tube and it only cost me 45$ gold terminals are a little expensive but well worth it

watch out for some of the kits out there most of them are copper terminals and use crimping instead of soldering
where all did you ground to, i just did these but if there are more that would benefit id like to do those

http://www.z-xtreme.com/installation.html

Old 02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
You have to send him a pm but i got this on my g as well. I love it. I got this about 16 months ago.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
eodg35

i copy SxExC grounding points in engine bay and tranny wire adding 2 more wires for a complete circle and copy grounding gear ECU grounding points

Old 02-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
GG ftw original and great quality love mine

Old 02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
^^^^ +1 for GG

Old 02-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Sweet thanks for the feedback. Now I just need to get a money order sent to him. I am going to get the blue kit and he is going to make up a red 4 gauge wire for my alternator to the battery.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's grounding kit or other kits?