G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Clear Bras - How, What, Why...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yeah, here are some more info for you....I did some research and found a layout for the G35 kit by Invica-shield. Wow, there are 5 pieces to the bumper kit. Oh well, as long as you are happy with what you have, then I guess it's all good.

Attached Thumbnails Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-kit_2022.jpg  

Last edited by gDriven; 01-10-2005 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:07 AM
It seems many people are viewing this thread, but aren't really saying anything. I wanted to stand back and stay away from this heated debate, but gDriven did make some valid points........in his own funny way of course. I'd just like to add some of my experience and expertise in the field to this discussion......hope you guys don't mind.

First, of all there are no standards in the paint protection industry as far as quality of installation goes. From the comment of this guy being probably the best, to doing more exotics nationwide than anyone is really going a bit far on the exaggeration scale. The debate between who's a better clear bra installer is the same as the guy posting my car is faster than yours kind of comment. To be honest, after listening to the debate, and out of curiosity, I took a look at his site. This guy's work may be good w/ multiple pieces in the pics posted on his site, but I personally didn't catch any one piece installations.........this is not to say that he cannot do it as you claim he did, but you referred us to his site and that's what it shows. I am not trying to knock on this guy and his work, but in the world of films application.....for example, let's take window tint - some companies tint the rear glass with one entire film while others that are not as skilled will do multiple pieces on the rear glass and join them in on the defroster lines, which still shows the seams. One large pc is always better aesthetically any day Perhaps, he does, but according to his site it's not the case.

We've done many g35 members' vehicles and have had a pretty impressive track record whether it is window tint, clearbra, or paintless dent repair. We work on exotics on a weekly basis, but we do not go about bragging to others about what we do......it gets too busy around here for that. We let our results speak for itself. It almost seem as if you are somewhat affilliated with this Alan guy because you are getting so angry over gdriver's comments.

again, you were exaggerating just a tad bit on this thread, which is probably what prompted gdriver to give such harsh (and humorous) criticism.

It seems you're getting all worked up for something very minor..........just take it easy bro.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wil
It seems many people are viewing this thread, but aren't really saying anything. I wanted to stand back and stay away from this heated debate, but gDriven did make some valid points........in his own funny way of course. I'd just like to add some of my experience and expertise in the field to this discussion......hope you guys don't mind.

First, of all there are no standards in the paint protection industry as far as quality of installation goes. From the comment of this guy being probably the best, to doing more exotics nationwide than anyone is really going a bit far on the exaggeration scale. The debate between who's a better clear bra installer is the same as the guy posting my car is faster than yours kind of comment. To be honest, after listening to the debate, and out of curiosity, I took a look at his site. This guy's work may be good w/ multiple pieces in the pics posted on his site, but I personally didn't catch any one piece installations.........this is not to say that he cannot do it as you claim he did, but you referred us to his site and that's what it shows. I am not trying to knock on this guy and his work, but in the world of films application.....for example, let's take window tint - some companies tint the rear glass with one entire film while others that are not as skilled will do multiple pieces on the rear glass and join them in on the defroster lines, which still shows the seams. One large pc is always better aesthetically any day Perhaps, he does, but according to his site it's not the case.

We've done many g35 members' vehicles and have had a pretty impressive track record whether it is window tint, clearbra, or paintless dent repair. We work on exotics on a weekly basis, but we do not go about bragging to others about what we do......it gets too busy around here for that. We let our results speak for itself. It almost seem as if you are somewhat affilliated with this Alan guy because you are getting so angry over gdriver's comments.

again, you were exaggerating just a tad bit on this thread, which is probably what prompted gdriver to give such harsh (and humorous) criticism.

It seems you're getting all worked up for something very minor..........just take it easy bro.

I'm not angry with gdriven's comments, but he is full of **** as far as the bra on my front bumper being in several pieces. It's a single, seamless piece covering the entire front bumper. gdriven, come to FL and look at my car and if you find any seams on the front bumper, I'll pay for your travel to Jacksonville and back to whereever you live.

I live in FL and why would I travel anywhere else to get a clear bra put on when Alan Seligman came up from Orlando and put the clear bra on my car in my garage? Alan was recommended to me by SEVERAL other G owners who live here in FL who were thrilled with his work. Why travel across the country for absolutely no better of an install, probably even a worse install?

I'm not affilitated with Alan in any way.

Last edited by gspotter; 01-10-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by gDriven
Wow, is that the best you could come up with? Well I guess so since you have yet to back up any of your claims. What happened to the awards and stats on exotics?

And I don't recall that I've ever said anything about your G. Maybe You should learn to read. All I've been saying is that the installs he is showing on his website are done with multiple pieces. Man,..if I owned a Porsch, I would be pissed that someone is doing multiple pieces on my car. And by the way, if he is using multiple pieces on Porsches, what makes your G so special that he'll only use one piece on yours? Hmmm,...I guess you are just very special.

Hahaha..and I never knew that you have to have a lot of posts in order to own a G.

Here are pics of my ride. A clear bra is on it, and it is done with only one piece.

Hmmmm.....your bra install doesn't look any better than mine. In fact, in the second pic, you can easily see the edge of the clear bra on the hood to the right of the headlight. Doesn't look so hot having the clear bra edge so far away from the actual edge of the hood. I'll post even more pics of mine in the next couple days as I get time to do so.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
Hmmmm.....your bra install doesn't look any better than mine. In fact, in the second pic, you can easily see the edge of the clear bra on the hood to the right of the headlight. Doesn't look so hot having the clear bra edge so far away from the actual edge of the hood. I'll post even more pics of mine in the next couple days as I get time to do so.
And yet again, you fail to back up any of your claims by diverting the real issues. Maybe you should take some reading comprehension classes and learn to read. All you do is talk about your car, when all I'm talking about are the cars on this guy's website. But don't worry, I'm sure everyone on this forum knows why you are avoiding the real issues.

Aren't you tired of making all these false claims and then getting shot down repeatedly?

And as you can see, I dare to take pics of my car from a feet away, and the install is still flawless. And by the way, have you taken a look at the invicashield kit that I posted. Oh well, guess you just happened to miss that.

Old 01-10-2005, 01:35 PM
You keep implying that Alan can't do a seamless install. If he can't do a seamless install, why is my car seamless then?

I just called Alan up and he said although his company name is Invicaman because back when he started years ago the only supplier of the clear bra kits around was Invica-Shield, he doesn't even use Invica-Shield kits any more. He said he installed a Star Shield kit on my car. I'll scan the drawing of the pattern and post it tonight when I get home. Alan said he now has 4 suppliers of the 3M clear bra material and he selects the best one for each of the cars he does. He said those pics on his site with the Toyotas are approximately 4 years old and that was the best kit available for them back then. He just did a half-million dollar Porsche Carrera last week. There's tons of high-end cars here in FL and Alan does lots of them.

I'll be taking some more pics of my car from the same positions as yours, and you won't see the clear bra 1/4" away from the edge of the hood either, which looks like crap on your G!

If anybody would like me to e-mail large 1600x1200 resolution pics of my car, just PM me.

Last edited by gspotter; 01-10-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:18 PM
http://www.chipguard.com/search.asp...=2005&Submit=Go
This place looks like they have once piece films...

Old 01-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Blah blah blah....Alan said this...Alan said that....blah blah blah... I think Alan said I have a date with J. Lo next week....Hmmmmm....oh well...

And still nothing to back up any claims....

Say what you like, but the people have spoken. And you've been spanked once again. Later

Last edited by gDriven; 01-10-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by gDriven
Blah blah blah....Alan said this...Alan said that....blah blah blah... I think Alan said I have a date with J. Lo next week....Hmmmmm....oh well...

And still nothing to back up any claims....

Say what you like, but the people have spoken. And you've been spanked once again. Later

Attached below is the drawing showing the pattern of the Star Shield/3M kit that was installed on my G. An Invinca-Shield kit was not installed on my G. The entire front bumper is one piece. The chin spoiler even has a clear bra on it. gdriven's G doesn't have a front chin spoiler. gdriven is probably just jealous that he doesn't have Caribbean Blue.

gdriven, if you have such a problem with the quality of Alan's work, why don't you give him a call at (407) 927-1900. He'd be glad to talk clear bras with you, or anyone else. You can get all the info you desire from Alan. gdriven, I highly doubt that you have the gonads to call him. If you want to criticize someone's work, let them know directly. I'm just one of his many satisfied customers.

I'll be at the Florida G Club meet at Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater, FL in early March if anyone wants to see my G and Alan Seligman's (the clear bra genius) install in person.

gdriven, it would be nice to see you contribute something positive to the board for a change. The original poster wanted information and suggestions about clear bras and installers, and I enthusiastically recommended Alan Seligman from FL because I was thrilled with my install, and because he was enthusiastically recommended to me by several other Florida G owners (who else better to know if a clear bra installer for a G is any good or not than other G owners?). The original poster can take my suggestion or leave it. You could have specified to the original poster exactly who installed your clear bra and gave him his contact information since you were so happy with your installer. In the meantime, grow up.

Attached Thumbnails Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-clearbra0081.jpg  

Last edited by gspotter; 01-10-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Hmmm......not again....do I have to keep teaching you????? Well, let's see, wow....a two piece jig saw puzzle for the side mirrors? and I have a better hood coverage.....

And you know what? I never meant give any recommendations for an installer. I was just amused when I saw someone making outrageous claims that I just had to speak for everyone on this forum. You are the one who turned this into a "you're clear bra is better than my clear bra" thread. I just found it quite annoying that your lack of self confidence made you qoute that you had "probably the best" installer work on your car.

Well, if that makes you feel better about yourself, then be my guest. But as for me, I'm getting extremely bored with this. I'm gonna go out, party, and have some fun. And I suggest you do the same. I heard Alan is free. Perhaps you two can go have some fun with your gonads.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:16 AM
hmm, given the cranky pants debate - pointless and way off topic - I can only surmise that gspotter is Alan...

For the original poster, just do it. I had my car done before we picked it up from the dealer and it looks great. I did my wifes car myself and it looks fine too. Took a loooong time and was tedious, but I guess I am patient. I would say have somebody put it on for maximum sanity.

Keep it real, and if the cranky people want to argue, do it over PM...

Old 01-11-2005, 03:54 AM
WildWildWest - agreed! it takes a lot of patience and is tedious work on a clearbra since you've never done it before..........hats off to you......

Old 01-11-2005, 10:24 AM
No, I'm not Alan. He lives near Orlando, I live near Jacksonville. I have a G Coupe. Alan doesn't have a G Coupe.

Yeah, real outrageous: "a clear bra genius"- I'm not the first guy to say that about Alan. A few of the guys who recommended him to me called him that.

gdriven thinks he speaks for everyone on this forum! LMAO, dream on. Talk about pretentious and clueless. Grow up. gdriven's probably some 18 year old kid who had his parents buy his car for him.

I'll be adding more high-res 1600x1200 pics to the gallery soon.

gdriven, did you call Alan yet? What, Mom took away your cell phone privileges? He would get a kick out of hearing from you. I'm sure you don't have the gonads to give him a call!

Last edited by gspotter; 01-11-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Don't worry Alan....I mean gspotter, we all know what's up. We all know why you are getting so upset. It's getting really boring talking with someone who does not have the mental capacity to comprehend any of the issues that has been raised. I'm glad you are happy with your G, since that seems to be all you can talk about. My G this, Alan that..... (Diverting the issues again) I've got better things to do with my time than to play with your gonads. "Gonads"? Who still uses that word? Oh well,...have fun with it since you enjoy it so much.

And as WildWildWest says "Keep it real"

Old 01-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by jstwong
I have the Venture clear bra on my car, and it is indeed clear and smooth in texture. I'm located in the South Bay area, and got my clear bra installed by Daniel Cook, who did an excellent job. [When a different detailer saw how good the job was done, he complimented it and was impressed enough to ask me for Daniel's phone number].

It blends very well with my DG sedan, and you can see picts of my car from my profile [or do I not have that feature with the new forum upgrade?].

Hey jstwong,

I actually moved to the San Francisco area, but
Thanks much for the nice comments! I like what you did with the car.

I meant to ask you about your bra and how it was doing with the wax you were going to use - was it Crystal Guard? If so, how did it work on the Venture film?

-Daniel

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bras - How, What, Why...