G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Test pipe o2 sensor help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Test pipe o2 sensor help!!!!!!!!

installing megan tp every thing was goin fine until the little plastic clip for the o2 sensor stoped me dead in my tracks i cant get it unpluged i dont remember the coil thing on top of the spark plug being this hard to unplug. im trying not to be so rough with it can any one guide me through this ohh yea i also took off one of the tranny pan bolts this wont cause any leaking will it

Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
ok as far as disconnecting the sensor connectors, when you're under the car the sensors will be on their little bracket. on my 05, on the driver side under the car, the connectors are different colors. on the top (engine side, not floor) of the grey connectors there's a little clip(it'll be on the wire side, not where they join) you need to push down on. once you push on the top you need to hold down the little clip and slide it away from the other connector. do this for both the driver and pass side. on the pass side the connector with the clip you need to hold down is colored black. what i did was hold the clip down with one hand and use my other hand to hold the opposite side while i used my thumb to help push the connector away. also, make sure you replace the tranny pan bolt. it will leak.

also, you may wanna try spraying some wd-40 or something on the connectors so it loosens up any dried dirt/grime that's helping the connectors stick. just spray thoroughly and then wait a few mins and then dry off the outside and try unplugging again.

The following users liked this post:
BRANDO23 (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by funnyscreenname
ok as far as disconnecting the sensor connectors, when you're under the car the sensors will be on their little bracket. on my 05, on the driver side under the car, the connectors are different colors. on the top (engine side, not floor) of the grey connectors there's a little clip(it'll be on the wire side, not where they join) you need to push down on. once you push on the top you need to hold down the little clip and slide it away from the other connector. do this for both the driver and pass side. on the pass side the connector with the clip you need to hold down is colored black. what i did was hold the clip down with one hand and use my other hand to hold the opposite side while i used my thumb to help push the connector away. also, make sure you replace the tranny pan bolt. it will leak.

also, you may wanna try spraying some wd-40 or something on the connectors so it loosens up any dried dirt/grime that's helping the connectors stick. just spray thoroughly and then wait a few mins and then dry off the outside and try unplugging again.
one more thing driver side cat the very top bolt rite next to the stearing rod thing do i unbolt that this top bolt has given he hell iv took off my intake too see if i can reach it from the top but no luck im thinking that little rod thing has gotta be unbolted so you can take the cats out and put tps in. i so under estimated this job lol!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
when we put mine in we also removed the intake pipe but we used a long extension and a swivel socket to get to the bolts. other than the intake, we didn't remove anything else. we also put the o2 sensors in the megan pipes before installing them. that's probably the best thing to do.