G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Official "Random Airbag/SRS Light" Thread: Lets find a permanent fix!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not sure if there even is a fix for this unless you tear everything apart and redo all the wiring or replace all the modules. Think about it. You do your reset and the light comes back on in a matter of minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months.

I may have said this in my posts before, but when my light came on and I brought it to the dealer for a free diagnose, I was warned from them that the light might come back. $1,000 and a week later sure enough the light was back. I did a reset and the light went away for 4 months! Now I've been doing this bloody reset for over a year now. Like I said earlier, sometimes its gone for minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months. However, I wasn't fortunate for it to be gone for months again. Longest was couple weeks.

I wish we could find a solution to this silly problem just like the 3rd brake light. 2 most annoying issues I have with this car.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by car12586
I would recommend doing both. My code pointed to the passenger seat occasionally. The rest of the time it was intermittent. I did the passenger and that failed. I then did the driver and no light since. If you have the tools out do both. Its not worth doing it a second time. And again I recommend dialectic grease for the connector. Great stuff.
I just did my driverside. It took 10mins. I didnt have to unbolt the seat. If it comes back on Ill do the passengerside since I have to unbolt the seat. Plus I need an impact drill because I cant get the bolts off with a ratchet.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm under the impression that the lights never came on until infiniti did the connector recall. The recall was based on the thought the connector would not work do to movement. I'm sure they got sued from someone and had to do the recall to prevent further lawsuits. It could be the way some dealers did the work could of mess things up. Hit and miss type of thing. I just think they cover there butt doing this recall but cause other issues that they could charge ppl for and not get a lawsuit over. Plenty off companies know they'll be a small amount of ppl with problems but they won't let us know that to save or make more money. ASBESTOS!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Silver85TC
Yikes! I feel your pain. Ya you're going to have to try to narrow that down a bit.
Here's the link to the page that deciphers the Air Bag System trouble codes;

http://infinitihelp.com/diy/common/i..._diagnosis.php

I was very intermittently getting the flash code for the LH Side Air Bag Module. Inspecting/cleaning/tightening the connector for that airbag under the drivers seat as described in my earlier post fixed it for me.
Thanks for the link but what is:

SRS-21 Diagnostic Procedure 2 or SRS-31 Diagnostic Procedure 6?

I see no information on this.

Can anyone tell me what this code means?

Last edited by neo_anderson302; 08-22-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got this light today, first problem I have had in my G. Looking at this thread and every other thread, there doesn't seem a practical solution to this problem.... Does this mean that anyone who has this problem, has a chance of getting into an accident and their airbags not being deployed? If so, we ALL HAVE A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH INFINITI! We are driving cars with airbags that may or may not deploy. Sure you may have found a way to make the light go away, but have you found a way to make sure the airbags work?

Old 08-31-2012, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by publicenemy137
Got this light today, first problem I have had in my G. Looking at this thread and every other thread, there doesn't seem a practical solution to this problem.... Does this mean that anyone who has this problem, has a chance of getting into an accident and their airbags not being deployed? If so, we ALL HAVE A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH INFINITI! We are driving cars with airbags that may or may not deploy. Sure you may have found a way to make the light go away, but have you found a way to make sure the airbags work?

Yes, if the light is on, the airbag may not deploy. I fixed mine. I undid the recall work and used so dielectric grease. Light been off since.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 AM
^ for the mechanically retarded such as myself, we are screwed

Old 09-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by publicenemy137
^ for the mechanically retarded such as myself, we are screwed
Its a 2 of 10 scale.

All you do is unbolt the 4 bolts on the passenger seat. Tilt it back. Take the airbag connector down. Cut the ziptie to release all tension. Put some grease in it and close and open it 4-5 times. I let my connector harness loose around other wires under the seat just in case I needed to get to it again, I wouldnt have to unbolt the seat.

Driverside is easier. Take the side cover off. Two screws front. Plug clip underneath back. Two plug on side and metal slide piece on the side near back. Then you can reach the airbag connector. Take it apart same as other side and let it hang if you like or tape it up. just leave some play to move around with the seat.

The longest part was me cleaning all the **** under my seat and on the console side carpet.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Is it safe to say the battery should be disconnected for this? I know to keep anything anything electrical (power tools, etc) away from the harness, is there a chance the airbag can go off?

Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Wouldnt hurt.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Infiniti updated the air bag recall procedures. I had the air bag light fixed for free at the dealer.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...vious-one.html

Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 PM
going tomorrow

I have this light coming for 6 months now. It really feels sick to keep driving with something flashing before your eyes. I got used to it after a while.

The first time I went I was charged 160$ to diagnose the problem and was told that one of the units should had to be replaced.I didn't want to get it repaired because I felt it was foolish to replace the whole unit because a light started blinking randomly. I was pretty sure it had something to do with the wiring and connections. I opened a case with Nissan and asked them to investigate it but they wouldn't listen. I also talked with dealer multiple times and asked them if the recall they did on passenger side seat belt caused this issue. They just kept denying.

I went for an oil change last weekend and I was told that there was a recall on the airbag issue and was asked to comeback so that they can fix the issue.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also have this problem how much would it be to fix it?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 PM
If you read you would know how to fix it, lol

Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow, this was an enlightening thread. I have 2004 G35x, just got the blinking light about a week ago. first couple resets didn't work, but once I had driven the car a ways and it was warm it reset and came back on a week later. It has been cold here again... wouldn't reset yesterday morning when I first got in the car. Drove to work and tried, stayed off when I drove home last night but back on again. the code is 21 best I can tell, 2 "long" and 1 "short" blink in diagnostic mode. won't reset when cold but will when warm. Really wondering about the connection at this point, scheduled to take it in next week and get reamed for them to read the code and see what they say...

Last edited by kjchevy3; 03-21-2013 at 02:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official "Random Airbag/SRS Light" Thread: Lets find a permanent fix!!!