G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Where to buy a Aero/NISMO kit for my 2003 G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by CROYCE992
Apparently they are pretty rare. Even more rare to find in EM. I don't think I should hold my breath that anything cool that's painted EM will ever come into market. Any suggestions on a replica one at least?

I want to get the front Nismo bumper and rear Nismo rep lip from Ionic (who doesn't give the option for EM)... thinking about keeping the stock sides and just painting those though.
Holy crap I didn't even notice you were EM. Unfortunately, mine was Garnet Fire. Such a shame to paint over the flawless factory finish, but it had to be done. I think all the reps I'm aware of have been listed here. I looked into some being offered by a West Coast company but the communication was sooo sketchy I was afraid I'd get something made of cardboard.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Can anyone comment on whether or not they have had any luck recently picking up any parts from BAUS?

Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
Thanks, and the signals were shaved by my body shop, it came with the sidemarker slots molded in, no bracket required. Its poly and the fitment is pretty close to OEM. My only concern is a bit of a gap maybe .3 cm wide at the side of both headlights. But that might be because of the fenders and I am also a perfectionist
I'm a perfectionist too. I consider the G to be a luxury car and I definitely want everything to line up right. It would kill me to see a 0.3cm gap as I walk up on the car everyday which to me would look like a full inch. I definitely want to do everything right... that's why I ask a lot of questions

Originally Posted by Swivel
Holy crap I didn't even notice you were EM. Unfortunately, mine was Garnet Fire. Such a shame to paint over the flawless factory finish, but it had to be done. I think all the reps I'm aware of have been listed here. I looked into some being offered by a West Coast company but the communication was sooo sketchy I was afraid I'd get something made of cardboard.
I absolutely love EM. I just hate that mudguards, Nismo bumpers/skirts/lip and eveything else that I want are always painted everything but.

Originally Posted by PAIXAO
Can anyone comment on whether or not they have had any luck recently picking up any parts from BAUS?
I want to get the Nismo front bumper/rear lip on by Spring after the grueling winter. I've been researching and I was under the impression that Baus was simply a reseller and what they had was actually the polyurethane Vis Nismo front replica?

Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
I'm a perfectionist too. I consider the G to be a luxury car and I definitely want everything to line up right. It would kill me to see a 0.3cm gap as I walk up on the car everyday which to me would look like a full inch. I definitely want to do everything right... that's why I ask a lot of questions
3 mm is a very small measurement...its about 1/8 of an inch.

Here is a picture I took just for you showing fitment, as I said it might be my fenders doing it.

The improvement in looks between the Nismo and the stock greatly outweighs the small amout of misalignment. The fit is extremely good for a non OEM bumper.

Honestly, I dont even notice this anymore

The following users liked this post:
CROYCE992 (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for snapping a pic for me! You're right, it is a really small amount. It's probably something that with some persuasion could be even smaller. Regardless, I don't think I would mind terribly, as you said, the better looks outweigh the small fitment issue.

Last edited by CROYCE992; 10-20-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
KBD Nismo replica

I recently purchased a KDB Nismo replica off ebay because a certain vendor cannot be bothered apparently. Heres what I think of it.

First off, very little attention was paid to the packaging. It was just thrown into a box without wrap or foam. It was shipped from CA to CT and arrived very bent up. My body guy had to leave it out in the sun for two days for it to regain its shape. Fortunately it did come back.

Next, the cut from the mold looked as is it was done with a hacksaw or box cutters. All the edges needed to be sanded and massaged. More $.

The bumper was covered in a gelatinous oily substance that required it to be repeatedly baked and washed. More $.

The amount of massaging for fitment was minimal and I do not notice any gaps. Finally a +

After two months I have a ton of small rock chips already. According to the body guy (whom does a good amount of aftermarket body kits) he says its due to the paint not sticking well to the bumper because the bumper was made with "really soft rubber-plastic". He did use a flex agent, I asked. He backed this up by showing me another poly bumper that didnt feel nearly as soft to me. Again, more $

Just wanted to pass my experience along.

Last edited by DRVNFAST; 11-25-2012 at 12:52 AM.
CROYCE992 (11-25-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM
DVG
I would also describe the bumper as very soft rubber plastic. Seems like a great material to use in case you bump into things, very heavy and hard to paint though. My painter did complain that it was much harder to paint than it looked, but he used A LOOOOT of flex agent and the paint is perfect now.

DRVNFAST (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by DVG
I would also describe the bumper as very soft rubber plastic. Seems like a great material to use in case you bump into things, very heavy and hard to paint though. My painter did complain that it was much harder to paint than it looked, but he used A LOOOOT of flex agent and the paint is perfect now.
Is yours a KDB or VIS?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:59 PM
DVG
VIS I think. Is KDB truly a different manufacturer or are they a reseller?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Its a different manufacturer I believe. On the back side it said "KDB" and the model number. No mention of VIS anywhere.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Just ran across this thread, sorry been out of the forum for a bit. I use to locate alot of authentic nismo pieces, but also been out of the game somewhat.

Since the last time I posted, there's been alot of vendor activity with replica stuff being brought to the market (Ionic, Strafe, VIS etc), but I was one of those guys that had to have "authentic". I got hooked up with an Infiniti rep out of Charlotte Infiniti and he was able to locate several pieces for me. Namely the rear lip (authentic and color matched).

His info is Brad (don't remember last name) @ (800)338-6351. It's Infiniti of Charlotte parts dept. Think they go by onlineinfinitiparts.com

The skirts are hard to find. I had a bunch of them at one time (ran across a warehouse auction) but have since sold all of them. I'd say aftermarkets would be the way to go, since they won't see as much action as a front bumper, would probably survive longer.

Nismo can still import authentic JDM front bumpers that come in a wierd grey/green color but last time I checked, they were in the $1500 range. Brad @ infiniti of Charlotte turned me on to those too, so he would have info on the subject, as well. They look like this:

I had purchased my authentic front from Ebay and it was missing the vents. I think Strafe sold me a set for about $100 or so that came from the VIS Techno R (Nismo replica), if you happen to find one that's missing those.

Hope that helps!
rob.g

CROYCE992 (11-28-2012)
Old 11-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Apparently they are pretty rare. Even more rare to find in EM. I don't think I should hold my breath that anything cool that's painted EM will ever come into market. Any suggestions on a replica one at least?

I want to get the front Nismo bumper and rear Nismo rep lip from Ionic (who doesn't give the option for EM)... thinking about keeping the stock sides and just painting those though.
We can color match this to any OEM color code, just send us your paint code. Please feel free to PM us with any questions or special requests that you might have, and don't forget to take advantage of our holiday sale that ends this Monday.

Also we are now painting all of the rear Nismo valances with the two tone color scheme at no extra cost.

Thanks!