G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2004 REAR window regulator reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 REAR window regulator reset

Hey guys,

after getting my rear window smashed and replaced by a shop today, they couldn't figure out how to reset the regulator. So the symptom is: the window will go up but then retract till almost half way when you do the one click or AUTO up.

I've searched this forum and found various "reset methods", and it bewilders me why there can be so any. So I tried the easier one of manual up for 5-10seconds and manual down for 5-10 seconds. This didnt work.

I also read about some regulators having a reset button. But this was discussed only the context of a coupe... can anyone confirm if this is also the case with the sedan rear windows?

If not, can anyone comment on the reset method of sedan rear windows?

Everything worked prefectly before the window was smashed.. so I highly doubt that it is a mechanical issue..

thanks guys!

Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charju, I share your frustration regarding the number of posts and the differing solutions for this situation. From what I can tell, the correct answer is that there is NO RESET SWITCH on the rear window regulator of the sedan (at least not the 2003 that I have; your 2004 should most likely be the same). On the sedans, the reset switch procedure is only mentioned in the service manual in the section on Front Door Glass and Regulator. (see attached pages from service manual, for front and rear windows)

For the REAR window, the instructions say:
Resetting
Remove the window regulator assembly from the door panel, follow the steps below.
1. To remove the window motor from the regulator assembly, operate the power window switch until the window
motor mounting screws can be seen.
2. Remove the window motor from window regulator.
3. Connect the window motor to the switch harness. And run the motor more than 5 seconds to upward position
by using power window switch.
4. Assemble the window motor and window regulator, then install it to the door.
5. Install window glass to the regulator assembly.
6. Use the Manual up position of power window switch to run the regulator to the top of its travel to set the
limit switch.
7. Use the Manual down position of the power window switch to run the regulator to the bottom of its travel.
CAUTION:
Do not use Auto up or Auto down functions for step 6 and 7.
Hope this helps you. I'm getting ready to try it myself.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Binder2.pdf (27.1 KB, 290 views)