G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Need new brakes. Help please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brakes Need new brakes. Help please!

Hi yall, I'm in desperate need to replace my rotors and pads and I just wanted some help with the purchase. I want slotted and drilled rotors. I was going through ebay because I don't want to spend too much and I came across a few rotor/pad packages so I just wanted some help to figure out if they'd be legit because the prices are pretty low, almost too good to be true. So, I wanted to know if anybody has had experiences or problems ordering rotors/pads from ebay. FYI, I have a 05 G35X Sedan. So here are the links. Thanks a lot for the help!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-C...63a08b&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-Perf...18e430&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-G35...14b9ed&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-K...1126d1&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-K...0a346c&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-K...d2de74&vxp=mtr

Old 03-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
I would never buy anything as important as brakes off eBay, you never know what you're getting! Check our MARKETPLACE under vendor brakes. You can depend on these vendors to get you quality products at a good price including immediate delivery!
"Your life may depend on what's between you and the road!"
Gary

Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
I would never buy anything as important as brakes off eBay,
Quoted for truth.

There are exceptions such as buying specific brand parts from specific vendors (like OEM Nissan parts from a wholesaler), but in general, Ebay parts are cheap no-name Chinese junk.

Take some pride in what you install on your car.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
You will pay in safety and for replacing other worn parts down the road what you save immediately. eBay D/S rotors are junk, will destroy your pads, wear extra fast, and are prone to warping and cracking. I would put Autozone cheapies on my car before eBay anyday...

Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Contact r1 concepts for a quality package at a good price...if you contact them you'll get a better price than on their site.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
I know I'm going to flamed for this but here goes. I purchase pads and rotors from Brake Motive, I have close to 50,000 trouble free miles on these brakes and no cracks or rust. I did some research before I bought from them, I found several Corvette forums where guys had nothing but positive feedback on these so I pulled the trigger, for $160.00 I figured I had nothing to loose and I was right, I will buy them again.
Name:  flamesuit.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  21.2 KB

Old 03-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Question I don't get it...

Why does everybody flames eBay. Some people have had a good experience and some people haven't. Me personally I've bought things from eBay many times, as a matter of fact my Fujita intake, my Tanabe springs and many other things have come from ebay and I have no problems what so ever. If you purchase something from eBay and don't. Like it it's not ebay's fault it's the seller's. buying from eBay is no different than buying from vendors on this forum before you purchase do some research, like the old saying goes...an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure ( or something like that ). Oh to those who say eBay sells crap, I guess the lamborghini's, ferrari's, Maserati's, infiniti's ( including the g35), and all the other high dollar cars they sell on ebay I guess according to you they're crap. Well you go ahead and break your bank and I'll continue to save money everywhere I can and that includes EBay. For the record no I don't work for or sell things on eBay just tired of people bashing eBay.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
^for me at least, buying something that comes from a brand name (such as Fujita or Tanabe) from eBay is not what I'm talking about, and definitely not pointed towards people who sell cars on eBay. What I'm talking about are the no name rotors, brakes, and other parts that have generic company names that no one has heard of that sometimes ship from somewhere in Asia or the huge warehouses here who buy them by the bulk and throw a generic label on them once they clear customs. I personally have had bolts snap in half when torqued under OEM specs, rotors rust and go beyond limit within 6 months (w/o tracking car or aggressive driving), so I can speak to my bad experiences.

Last edited by a471133; 03-05-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got a no name bar and plate intercooler for my MR2 turbo off eBay for 100$... works great no leaks, welds for end caps are nice, etc... as always, there's good stuff, there's bad stuff, and there's people who swear off ebay after one bad experience.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Peoria35sedan
I know I'm going to flamed for this but here goes. I purchase pads and rotors from Brake Motive, I have close to 50,000 trouble free miles on these brakes and no cracks or rust. I did some research before I bought from them, I found several Corvette forums where guys had nothing but positive feedback on these so I pulled the trigger, for $160.00 I figured I had nothing to loose and I was right, I will buy them again.
Still no rust? That sounds pretty good. Do you know who makes the pads you got? How do they compare to the bite of the stock pads or whatever pad you came from? Also, how much dust do they make?

Fwiw, I'm currently running good ole "88rotors" slotted rotors which were spray painted. Back in the day people ripped on them for so so quality. The fact is, a lot of companies, Advance, Napa, Centric, Raybestos, Wagner etc make their rotors in Asia. My brakes are about 5 years old with apx 50,000 miles on them and Axxis ULT pads and there's still no lip. I repacked and greased them over a year ago and they're still smooth and quiet! I figure I've been fortunate this far and have about a year or less life on the pads. I may also be in the market for some blank rotors in the future. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
Why does everybody flames eBay. Some people have had a good experience and some people haven't. Me personally I've bought things from eBay many times, as a matter of fact my Fujita intake, my Tanabe springs and many other things have come from ebay and I have no problems what so ever. If you purchase something from eBay and don't. Like it it's not ebay's fault it's the seller's. buying from eBay is no different than buying from vendors on this forum before you purchase do some research, like the old saying goes...an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure ( or something like that ). Oh to those who say eBay sells crap, I guess the lamborghini's, ferrari's, Maserati's, infiniti's ( including the g35), and all the other high dollar cars they sell on ebay I guess according to you they're crap. Well you go ahead and break your bank and I'll continue to save money everywhere I can and that includes EBay. For the record no I don't work for or sell things on eBay just tired of people bashing eBay.
It's not Ebay in general. I buy and sell off Ebay all the time. Plenty of vendors sell quality, Teir 1 branded stuff on there and I buy it all the time. It's usually cheaper than other vendors selling it.

It's the no-name non-branded junk that gets sold on there that is what most people are referring to when they say "stay away from Ebay" parts. Falls alone the line of "you get what you pay for"

Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by VQdriver
Still no rust? That sounds pretty good. Do you know who makes the pads you got? How do they compare to the bite of the stock pads or whatever pad you came from? Also, how much dust do they make?

Fwiw, I'm currently running good ole "88rotors" slotted rotors which were spray painted. Back in the day people ripped on them for so so quality. The fact is, a lot of companies, Advance, Napa, Centric, Raybestos, Wagner etc make their rotors in Asia. My brakes are about 5 years old with apx 50,000 miles on them and Axxis ULT pads and there's still no lip. I repacked and greased them over a year ago and they're still smooth and quiet! I figure I've been fortunate this far and have about a year or less life on the pads. I may also be in the market for some blank rotors in the future. Thanks.
Power Stop Evolution pads, they have way less dust and much better performance than the stock pads and rotors I took off (I still have the stock rotors in the garage just in case).
I'm at just under 50K in 2 years without a lip and the Zinc still looks good, but I'm in Arizona so that's not a real test for the coating. Heres a pic, 2 weeks & probably 800 miles since I last washed my car, it rained once about 10 days ago.
Name:  Phoenix-20130306-00022_zps2457d83e.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  45.0 KB

The following users liked this post:
VQdriver (03-06-2013)
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Peoria35sedan
Power Stop Evolution pads, they have way less dust and much better performance than the stock pads and rotors I took off (I still have the stock rotors in the garage just in case).
I'm at just under 50K in 2 years without a lip and the Zinc still looks good, but I'm in Arizona so that's not a real test for the coating. Heres a pic, 2 weeks & probably 800 miles since I last washed my car, it rained once about 10 days ago.
Looks good. 2 years old and 50k? You drive a lot! These rotors look like a great oem replacement for street driven cars. They look similar to my rotors and they're almost 5 years old. Perhaps I too will look toward Power Stop Evolution pads and these rotors. I've seen that brand on Rockauto for a host of cars...

Old 03-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have over 110K on my G. I am on my second front pads since 90K. My rear pads, for some reason, wears out faster. I am on my third rear pads since 6/2013. I use Hawk street pads exclusively since new and NEVER had issues and they last a long time and gentle on the rotors. I changed the front rotors at 95K and the rear rotors at 103K. My new rotors are Centric.

Rock Auto offers many choices on pads and rotors. Get the Hawk street pads and Centric rotors. Check it out.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5150DS
Contact r1 concepts for a quality package at a good price...if you contact them you'll get a better price than on their site.
Yup dealt with them for years. Good people.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need new brakes. Help please!